“Just a turn and burn.”

Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
Ranked #77 of 358 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The context of my review is all of seven hours in the hotel. I needed a place to spend the night before catching an early morning flight to Hawaii. For starters I am a pretty loyal Marriott family guest, so the combination of price, location, and brand seemed favorable towards the Renaissance.

Overall, I was there merely to sleep and I was gone by 7am. The shuttle was prompt for pickup at baggage claim. That was a good start. The location is really close to the airport. From the Delta terminal to the hotel was no more than five minutes (okay i wasn't counting but it's about that close). Check-in was straightforward. I learned the wifi in the room isn't complimentary. However, I used the free lobby signal and I was content with that given the brief nature of my stay. The room itself was just about standard and in that I mean the decor or design didn't "pop". All I really saw was the bed anyways. Cleanliness or lack thereof wasn't a problem at all.

The next morning I was checked out with ease and since the shuttle vans essentially run continually to the airport, my wait was not existent as a van was loading up. Unfortunately, I can't comment on the gym, and food beverage, or pool areas. As a "much better than basic" place to rest for the night, the Renaissance worked out perfectly. Judging by others in the hotel and the extent to which the van was filled up with fellow hawaii bound travelers at 7am, I'd say the hotel is designed to cater almost exclusively to the turn'n burn traveler type.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank RegionalRoadie
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a descriptive review. Your honest feedback is a valuable asset in making the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel the best it can be. I am pleased that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and that it was smooth and efficient. Your loyalty to our brand is greatly appreciated and I am happy to hear that your stay lived up to your expectations. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,859)

Reviewed February 21, 2014

They started out my stay by charging me twice for one room. When I brought this to their attention, I was told the charge was cancelled and money would be returned into my account three business days later.

Four days later, money has not been returned to my account. When I call the front desk, I am told the accounting department doesn't open at eight. I call back at eight, and am told the department opens at nine. I spent the rest of the morning/afternoon calling the accounting department. Nobody ever answered. I was prompted to (and did) leave messages, but they were never returned.

I eventually had to call corporate, and getting that number from staff was a hassle in itself. Corporate did not help, either, just left accounting a message that was never returned.

I finally asked for the accounting manager, who told me the cancellation of the double charge should have gone through the same day, and she didn't know why they told me it would take three days. She said it is taken care of now, but I won't know if I have my money back or not until tomorrow.

I will add that when I first noticed the extra charge, I talked to the check in staff about it in person.a number of times, and was assured the charge would not go through. It did, and I'm still trying to get this resolved.

Seems really sketchy, can't help but feel somebody was trying to steal. I am never staying at this hotel again.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank murpmurp
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

We visited this hotel to and from our trip to Australia. On our return visit we arrived at the hotel at 8:00 AM and the front desk clerk expedited the makeup of a room for us while we had coffee in the Executive Lounge. For gold and platinum Marriott Rewards members this is a great amenity. Room was well appointed and common space was redone in a modern decor. Free shuttle to the airport is a plus. Also, if you have a few hours to spare there is a bus for only $5 round trip that takes you to Manhattan Beach where we spent a very pleasant afternoon. I would highly recommend this hotel for an airport stopover in LA.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Madmaxwell48
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for joining us at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to enhance the arrival experience for you. Thank you for your positive feedback on the room and common spaces. I am glad to know that you were able to take advantage of the airport shuttle. Thank you for taking the time to offer a detailed review and I hope you will join us again in the future!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is an old hotel, which is part of the Renaissance Marriott chain, been updated somewhat and it seems to work reasonably well.The desk staff was friendly and the bar lobby restaurant, though expensive, was convenient and served acceptable if not memorable food. It was surprisingly room for a lobby area.

The safe in the room did not work and it had to be vintage 1980s. The proximity to the airport was convenient for our 7 am flight back to DC. No free breakfast and they did not have the feather free bed made up before we got there. But this was promptly done on our arrival. Free shuttle to and from the airport was helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, as your feedback is a priceless tool in helping us to maintain and improve our guest experience! I am very pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and our proximity to the airport convenient. However, I apologize that the safe in your room was not functioning properly, and that your room was not ready upon arrival, although I am glad that the situation was remedied quickly and efficiently. I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Los Angeles.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This hotel falls right between 3 and 4 stars for me.

Checked in late after a flight from Hawaii. Lobby and elevator music is not enjoyable, and is very loud. Feels like you're in a disco.

Our first room was not clean - Dorito chip fragments and nut pieces on floor, and the key to somebody's luggage left on the carpet. There is rarely enough vacuum cleaning of hotel rooms these days, and I have a high tolerance for stuff left in the carpet, but when I saw that the bathroom floor had sticky gunk on it, hadn't been washed since last use (or longer), that was it.

Emilio at the front desk was very nice about switching rooms, and gave us a clean jr. suite on the third floor. Room was nice, but air conditioning unit made too much noise when it cycled on and off. Fortunately LA climate allows turning the ventilation off at night and the room only became a little stuffy.

The window to our room was filthy on the outside - hadn't been washed in a long time.

Shower pressure was very nice the next morning, as was the breakfast downstairs.

All in all, a mixed bag. I'll probably be back here, but I hope they turn down the disco in the lobby and improve cleaning standards in the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback, being that you have stayed with us before, it was wonderful to hear that the front desk staff was quick to assist you and that you had a relaxing shower experience and breakfast service. I am disappointed that the hotel music was too loud and I have called in a sound technician to rebalance the volume levels to not be so obtrusive. The condition of your room was clearly not up to your expectations or the standard that we strive to uphold. The candid feedback provided regarding the condition of your room will be shared with our housekeeping team as a learning opportunity to ensure that future guests have a more positive experience. Thank you again for your continued patronage and feedback and we look forward to regaining your confidence during a future stay.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Recently I stayed at this hotel and although I don't normally write reviews, this one deserved it. The hotel is a good size with a nice restaurant and although it may be due for a few renovations in the lobby and room soon, overall it was really nice. There was a desk clerk named Steven who is the exact reason I am a Marriott rewards member. He was there when we checked in and also the next morning and always was smiling, asking how we were and remembered our names. That kind of service is what every hotel needs. One advice, the parking is expensive and the hotel is close to the airport so if you don't need to rent a car than you shouldn't. I'm sure we will be back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel! I look forward to passing along your kind comments to Steven about our level of service. We take great pride in our guest services. We appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand. I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

It's a typical airport hotel with an upgrade. The room was comfortable and shower pressure was great. The concierge level on 11 was really amazing. There is something retro about the decor and a little bit of a "party" atmosphere. Super loud music in the elevator's…couldn't figure that out!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the comfortable room and the concierge level. I hope you will consider returning to our hotel in the future.