“24/7 Airport Shuttle, Quiet Rooms”

Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
Ranked #75 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Full disclosure: I stayed her on New Years Eve with a child! I know, "who does that?"

We had a very early flight on New Years Day and this was the one 24 hr. Airport shuttle I found for LAX that had a room on 12/31. It was quick and easy. The shuttle was just perfect.

The room service on New Year's Eve was terrible. It was incredibly busy and while the staff was cheerful it took an hour to get a menu delivered to the room and another hour for a milkshake. But really, I think that's to be expected. What I didn't expect was the huge party in the lobby, like several hundred people. It was daunting when we walked in and I thought, "there goes the three hours of sleep I was gonna get tonight." I was wrong. Even on the busiest party night of the year, my room was quiet. My girl and I slept through it all easily. That's something.

We have stayed here before, on a regular night and had absolutely wonderful service. Room service was closed but they dug up some yogurt and fruit for my daughter and I in the middle of the night. It's a good choice for LAX and a little more than the Hilton but worth it.

• Stayed: December 2013
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! I am glad to hear that you found your room to be quiet and that your overall stay was enjoyable. However, we apologize for the slow service on New Year's Eve. We will use your feedback to work on improving the guest experience. Look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed here the week of the 2014 Rose Bowl with a AAA group. The hotel is almost in line with one of the runways at the airport, but we never heard the planes. New years eve night was also quiet. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well appointed. Heating and cooling was fairly quiet, for a hotel unit. Restaurant food was good, but pricey, not out of line of other hotels in the area. Front desk personnel was efficient and helpful. Lobby is upscale and has wifi (VERY slow).
This is a good place to stay if you are near LAX, I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel for your recent stay! I am so pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be quiet and the rooms to be clean and comfortable. Thank you for your positive feedback on the efficient and helpful personnel. I appreciate your honest feedback on the Wi-Fi in the lobby. We will look into this to and work to improve the guest experience. I appreciate the time you have taken to review your experience and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Classy experience with modern chic decoration. Quiet rooms. Excellent restaurant. The breakfast buffet is pricey but continental includes scrambled eggs and beautiful fresh fruit as well as the usually
Bagels, croissants, etc. For a bargain, there is a Burger King across the street. Free airport shuttle.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janet48603
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience with us. Thank you for your positive comments on the classy hotel experience, the excellent restaurant, and the free airport shuttle. I appreciate the time you have taken to write a review and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back, should your travels bring you to Los Angeles in the future.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We checked into the hotel on a very busy night that was experiencing a packed lobby. The front desk clerk was ready for me and handled check-in quickly. Our room was nicely furnished with a great view of the LAX runway. Although the location doesn't offer much of a choice of restaurants nearby, we had a great dinner in the hotel restaurant despite experiencing a very busy night. I would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel for your recent stay! I appreciate the time you have taken to review your experience. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the efficient front desk check-in, the nicely furnished rooms with a great view, and the nearby restaurant. I look forward to sharing your feedback with our staff. We hope to have the pleasure of your return one day soon!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Typically I find that airport hotels are not as nice as intercity hotels but I have stayed at this hotel at least 25 times and when I am in the LA area for a quick business trip I always stay here. The Concierge lounge is excellent and the rooms are nice and clean. I also feel the price is reasonable which is usually around $100 dollars.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! It always great to hear about favorable experiences at the hotel. In addition, I am very happy that you enjoyed the concierge lounge and our rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Close to the airport, but not on a glide path. Major brand name, thusly eliminating worries about cleanliness. Convenient and fast 24-hour shuttle. Fast wireless. This is the LAX Renaissance hotel.

I stayed at the LAX Renaissance after 16 hours worth of flying from SIN. With an internal body clock in total disarray, this was the place to start the reset.The number of LuggageWorks and Eiffel roll-aboards tell you this is a place used by airline crews and experienced travelers.

Yes, the hotel lacks the spit and polish of 10 years ago. But it remains a very good option for intercontinental travelers seeking to decompress on long haul trips.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We’re so glad that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our shuttle and wireless internet. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for two nights on business. Arrived late. Check in took 20 minutes partly because the clerk was trying to find me a better rate ( but did not). Got to my room, which was quite nice, and ordered "in room dining." Was told food would arrive in 30 minutes. Over an hour later and several calls the food arrived. The order was wrong but I was so hungry I kept it. In all fairness the food was quite good.
Next morning my preordered breakfast that was supposed to be brought to my room at 8:00 showed up at 7:00 even after a 6:45 am call to me confirming my order. I was not dressed and the server had to wait at the door while I put on clothes. Good thing I didn't order hot food.
Second night I called the front desk to ask for another breakfast preorder form; three calls and 2 hours later, the form arrived. I would think that the profit margin on room service might be good enough that a hotel would want to encourage guest to use the service. Well, not this hotel.
The poor service seemed indicative of how the entire hotel is run. With so many other hotels in this area, I would have to choose another property the next time I come to LA.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for providing feedback on the less than perfect in room dining & arrival experience during your most recent visit to our hotel. The Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel has built a solid reputation by providing both prompt and courteous service. Your challenges at our property are clearly not reflective of the high level of service that our team is capable of, and for that I truly apologize.

Please contact our Executive Assistant if you were charged for any of these incorrectly timed meals. And once again, please accept my apology for your poor experience.