“Wow! A wonderful surprise.”

Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
Ranked #74 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Spouse and I ended a week-long driving trip through SoCal by enjoying a one-night stay near the airport as we had an early flight the following morning. I have just been upgraded to Gold status by Marriott, and hotel have us an upgrade to a suite. Everything here is so much better than any other US airport property we have stayed at.

Wait for courtesy bus from hotel was about 15 minutes. Check-in was swift, professional, and friendly. Lobby is attractive, elevators are prompt. Room was wonderful: nicely appointed, two televisions, fridge. Only quibble: room safe was inconveniently located on the floor. Hence, we did not use it.

Water was hot, drains were good, towels were very nice. There were two waffle-weave bathrobes in closet. Bed was comfortable, room was quiet.

Gold status gave us access to lounge: nice evening snacks. Drinks are a bit pricey, but decent size. We would also been entitled to complementary breakfast, but our early flight made breakfast at hotel impossible.

Room Tip: Gold status helped.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we truly appreciate it! It's wonderful to hear that from your experience upon checkin to the the little things in the room, you found your stay with us to be enjoyable. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Shuttle from and to the airport, friendly staff, quiet comfortable room, nice restaurant, all made for a very enjoyable stay. Unfortunately we couldn't take advantage of the fitness center and the pool because of our limited time there.

Room Tip: Our room on the 6th floor faced the runway and a busy street, but we had no noise at all.
1  Thank Gistgirl
Stephanie A, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we truly appreciate it! It's great to hear that the shuttle, friendly staff, comfortable room and our restaurant all contributed to you enjoying your stay with us. Hopefully, on your next visit you'll be able to take advantage of the pool and fitness center.

Thanks again!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed one night at this lovely, well kept, quiet hotel before flying out of LAX. The staff was helpful and nice. The restaurant had good food and service. Slightly pricey. Our room was well decorated and comfortable. No noise from planes, very quiet room. Great night of sleep.

2  Thank CaliforniaAli
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I live in Southern California, but far enough away from LAX that I sometime use my Marriott Reward points to stay a night prior to an early flight. I used to stay at the LAX Marriott, which frankly, is in bad need of an upgrade. Recently, the Marriott was fully booked so I tried the Renaissance. It is now my LAX hotel of choice. The facilities and rooms are very nice. The concierge lounge for Gold members and above is much nicer than the LAX Marriott. The restaurant has a very nice wine menu. I really like this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David H
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here on a Friday- Sunday in March, 2013. The room was very clean, the staff was delightful and our stay was everything we would have wanted it to be. The restaurant provided very good food and we didn't have to look elsewhere. This hotel, part of the Marriott chain is far superior to The Marriott at LAX. It is much more quiet and enjoyable. We struck up a conversation with the young man who delivered our luggage to our room. He was delightfully helpful. His name is Joe and he even sent a complementary and delicious cheese and fruit plate to our room. The desk staff was most helpful, as was the delightful restaurant staff. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely return again.

Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Yetmar
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Some of the areas around the airport can be pretty dodgy, especially at night, so I'm particular about where I stay. The Renaissance is in a reasonable block and has an parking garage with a security gate so I'm never too worried when I stay here. It's also conveniently located one block away from Hertz, so if I get here during the day I can drop off my car early and walk back to the hotel (not safe to do so in the evening). Today I got in at 9pm so I paid for parking.

This has the typical quality of a Renaissance. Well appointed rooms with all the ammenities. They have a restaurant which I would say is just average, but it allows you to stay in if you don't want to venture out for food. If you are on the concierge level they have a large lounge with a pretty abundant food selection and bar service. Pricing is in line with the other premium hotels in the area. Parking is $25/night. They have an airport shuttle if you don't have to deal with a car.

I've stayed here 5 times when I have an early morning flight. I've stayed at a few other places nearby but this is my "go-to" airport hotel when the pricing is right.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank caryon1
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The worst of the worst, food is disgusting, staff is not friendly, rooms are clean but so many things are broken. The management is not present and when you have pbls they do not care. The only positive i have to say is convenient to the airport, and quiet, but way too expensive for what you get and we are platinum with Marriott

Room Tip: find another place to stay, and i am going to explore other facilities
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business