“Be thoughtful about where you stay near the airport”

Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
Ranked #75 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Some of the areas around the airport can be pretty dodgy, especially at night, so I'm particular about where I stay. The Renaissance is in a reasonable block and has an parking garage with a security gate so I'm never too worried when I stay here. It's also conveniently located one block away from Hertz, so if I get here during the day I can drop off my car early and walk back to the hotel (not safe to do so in the evening). Today I got in at 9pm so I paid for parking.

This has the typical quality of a Renaissance. Well appointed rooms with all the ammenities. They have a restaurant which I would say is just average, but it allows you to stay in if you don't want to venture out for food. If you are on the concierge level they have a large lounge with a pretty abundant food selection and bar service. Pricing is in line with the other premium hotels in the area. Parking is $25/night. They have an airport shuttle if you don't have to deal with a car.

I've stayed here 5 times when I have an early morning flight. I've stayed at a few other places nearby but this is my "go-to" airport hotel when the pricing is right.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank caryon1
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The worst of the worst, food is disgusting, staff is not friendly, rooms are clean but so many things are broken. The management is not present and when you have pbls they do not care. The only positive i have to say is convenient to the airport, and quiet, but way too expensive for what you get and we are platinum with Marriott

Room Tip: find another place to stay, and i am going to explore other facilities
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank lolotte17000
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had a rushed experience but our stay was lovely. Close to the airport (although we drove) it was a convenient place to stay. We were attending business near the Staples Center, and this place wasn't a far drive. We had a great dinner in the restaurant as well.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Convenient and central location if you are flying into LAX and your meetings are spread out all over the greater Los Angeles area, as mine were, and you want convenience from or to the airport. The staff was very responsive and friendly from check-in through check-out, the room was a nice size, modern and clean. Parking isn't cheap but included in certain room categories.

Suggestion to the hotel: Stock the rooms with water bottles, as other Renaissance hotels do, especially since probably many of your clients are flying into LAX late at night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BGosivetti
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We booked this hotel after staying at two others in the area and we were nicely suprised by the hotel and the service. It is clean and feels safe and the common areas were very nice. Its next to LAX but very quiet.

Room Tip: A high room facing the airport is a nice view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Excellent visit. We arrived at 2pm. The check in process was a breeze. The bellman unloaded all our bags from the car and swiftly took them to our room. By 2:15 (maybe a little bit later) we were sitting by the pool. The water was deliciously warm (heated pool). After a few splashes around with the little one (two year old) we headed down to the lobby for cucumber martinis (for me) and flatbread. OMG! the flatbread was fantastic. The service at the lobby bar was a little hurried but maybe it was just me since I'm the one on vacation. The room was beautiful. Nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable for me though my husband complained. The next morning we jumped on the free shuttle that swift us away to LAX. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary Alexandra R
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I still enjoy staying at this hotel when I am attending a conference in the area. The bed is great, the shower is very good, and the restaurant has very good food. The service all over the hotel (front desk, restaurant, and cleaning staff) is very courteous and helpful.

However, this time I really noticed that the hotel is getting pretty shabby. There was a small hole in my sheets and a few in the sheer curtains on the window, as well as a small stain near the door to my room. There are areas in the rooms and hallways where the walls have been scuffed and need to be repainted. Nothing too awful, but the hotel should really schedule some refurbishing

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Pilisa C
RenaissanceLAX, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. We are thrilled your overall stay was enjoyable. We value your feedback and feel terrible we failed to meet your expectations in the details. We realize perfection is in the details; it is the little things that matter most. We look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back.