Generally speaking I only stay at Marriott hotels thanks to their awesome rewards program. On a recent trip to LA I stayed at the Renaissance because I'd liked it so much on a previous visit. I won't be making that mistake again.
Normally Marriott hotels excel at customer service. Customer service is where the Renaissance failed.
- We had to return on two separate occasions to ask that our pass for the parking garage be activated.
- We had to call down twice to ask for extra towels.
- We had to call down twice to ask for foam pillows. It took two hours for the pillows to arrive and when I called down the second time they had no notice of the first call.
- I ordered coffee for 2 and one continental breakfast. The continental breakfast was supposed to consist of a croissant AND muffin, fruit, and juice. When my order arrived I had 1 coffee mug, a piece of toast, fruit, and juice. I called back down and asked for my additional coffee mug, as well as the croissant and muffin I'd ordered. We waited an hour but the rest of our order never arrived.
I'm not letting this skew how I feel about the Marriott brand in general but I think this Renaissance needs to take a good luck at their customer service and fix a few things. Asking for something twice isn't a big deal. Asking for everything twice is a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the sights and sounds of the city's most dynamic business, entertainment and cultural hotspots from Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel. The Navigators at our premier hotel near Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) will help you unlock the beauty of the city the way only those who live here know. Uncover an urban oasis at our luxury hotel, where comfort and technology peacefully coexist in our guest rooms and suites. Enjoy an evening of unforgettable entertainment at our live events, bringing the best in new music, art, food and drinks directly to our guests. Savor delectable California cuisine and wines at our 96th Street Bistro. During downtime, work up a sweat in the well-equipped fitness center or take a refreshing dip in the outdoor pool. With 18,400 square feet of event space and the personal service you deserve, your meeting, wedding or social event at our Los Angeles airport hotel will be as stimulating and inspiring as those on the guest list. Reserve a stay today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Montura Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles
- Renaissance Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Renaissance