“Decent LAX Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport
Ranked #72 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed a night here before flying out of LAX the next morning. The hotel is in very close proximity to LAX and all the car rental places. I arrived on the late side - 11pm or so - and there was not a single spot to park. I ended up parking parallel on the ramp and was not completely comfortable with it, but the security guard said it would be ok.

The hotel is nothing to write home about. Very average. Not overly nice or not-nice, but functional and clean enough. The breakfast was ok, a little sparse and very crowded. Tables were at a premium. I don't really have any complaints or praises for this hotel, other than it is fine for a quick night and airport travel.

So if you are looking for an ok place to crash before or after flying into or out of LAX, this place is fine. Other than that, you've got a million options around LA so I would branch out and look for something more exciting in Hollywood, Santa Monica or downtown.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear adavici,

Krysllin G.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My initial issue was that the pickup seemed to require a call, I guess that I had assumed that the service was run at regular intervals so my wait was rather long. The trip itself is very short.

The room is pretty standard motel fare, reasonable clean, free wifi worked fine. No issues with sleep despite the runway being close by.

The breakfast (included) is actually not too bad for a US motel. Replaing the plastic cutlery and dishes with the real stuff would ave made it decent (my free tip).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank egilk
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were looking for a decent option to spend one night in LA. Most of the hotels around airport asked separate charges for parking except Holiday Inn. The room was very spacious with good working television with HD channels. Free wifi in the room was a big plus. Their breakfast was really good with many options like pancakes, cinnamon buns, omelet, juice, breads etc.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ronakg27
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here the night before family members flew into LAX and as we arrived late, we did not look for any restaurants. There is a parking structure for later arrivals. Entering the lobby, we were very warmly greeted and check-in was very quick; our Priority Club status was recognized & we were given some bottled water and a snack - a very nice touch. I stopped into the small gift shop and picked up a few snacks that were quite reasonably priced. The lobby area was clean, the elevator was slow but we were on the second floor. The room was a standard hotel room, but quite comfortable, although the air conditioner/heater did have an odd odor when we started it up. The bed was okay as were the pillows, but I do like Marriott beds better. We werer on the airport side and honestly didn't hear the planes at night. The corridors were clean, the morning hot breakfast was perfect for our needs and check out was simple. It was a quick and easy drive to LAX. Overall for the price, this hotel was perfect for our needs - it wasn't super fancy but it was clean, the staff very welcoming, breakfast was really decent & plenty of coffee and the proximity to LAX was fine. We were happy enough to book a room here in 2 weeks when the family leaves.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was a short stopover break to recover from a 13 hour flight from Australia before leaving to Orlando. The room was very dark and not very clean. It was also very small. The bathroom was clean though. Shuttle to airport was very handy. Hotel staff was very friendly. Useless restaurant. Not close to anything except airport.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear sepali,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased you found our staff very friendly. On the other hand, Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. This helps in becoming a better hotel.

Karen G.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Good Location...Good Service...Good Sleep....Parking is a hassle at night....Staff was very helpful and security guard at night was very alert,courtesy and friendly...The best price for the area and airport pickup and dropoff was great

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Seems to be an aging hotel, the elevator was scary and slow and made clunking sounds at each floor. Basic rooms and lobby. It was supposed to be just an overnight stay near the airport but I schedule some business meetings without knowing what the hotel looked like. I was embarrassed to have customers meet me in this type of basic hotel. If you need just an overnight stay near the airport, this will suffice. Anything more, just booked a better hotel.

Shuttle service (free) but waiting time is long. Very frustrating if you arrive just after the bus leaves and you have an hour to wait. I was not happy. At all.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are the same, just basic. I forgot to ask for a room away from the main...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear CopperTravel,

Thank you for your recent stay, and providing feedback. I'm sorry you were not fully satisfied with the elevator facility and shuttle service of the hotel during your stay. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will certainly be looked into. We are always working to be the best we can be, and feedback like yours will help us to accomplish this. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Zelyn N