“Close to Airport and Rental Car Locations”

Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #127 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I needed a room close to the LAX Airport and also close to most rental car locations. There's 3 very popular ones close to this hotel (FOX, Payless, and Thrifty). Also it takes about 10 - 12 minutes max to get to the airport with their Free Hotel Shuttle.

I had never been to this hotel before. Staff at the front desk was nice and were professional with me! I got my room key and went up to my room. The room was nice! Not too many bling bling to fill the room. All the basics were there. A couch, a flat screen TV, a queen size bed and a desk for those who need to work. I've been to other Holiday Inns in the past and this one is not a luxury one. A basic hotel which looked clean.

There is a McDonald's right in front of the main doors. A 20 second walk. I would also recommend to stay in the hotel past 11pm. It doesn't look that the best neighbourhood. Just going to McDonald's for a meal and I was approached twice by people I would never hang out with. During the day I don't think that there will be any problems.

This hotel is also affordable compared to other hotels near the airport. You could find way more expensive close to the LAX Airport and, to get either the same price or cheaper, you might have to drive much further away from the airport!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear DDM246,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm very happy to hear that your stay went well and that our staff was pleasant. We work hard to make sure all our guests are happy and have a memorable stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I routinely stay at this property the night before flying home in the morning. The service and quality has always been good, and is very consistent. This trip was no exception. Check-in was prompt. I was welcomed as an IHG Gold Elite member, and given a choice of a drink coupon or 1000 IHG points (I chose the points). I was also given a complimentary room upgrade on the 11th floor, with a nice view of Century Blvd and of aircraft approaching LAX. The room and bathroom were very spacious and nicely furnished. There was also a room safe in the closet. Restaurant service and food quality were very good, especially the clam chowder and the cheesecake with raspberry sauce. The free wifi worked well, both in the room and in the restaurant. This was a short but pleasant visit, and I'll definitely be back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Gary L,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm very happy to hear that your stay went well. Our staff works hard to ensure all our guests have a memorable stay. Thank you again for being a valued guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Had a one night stay here prior to a morning flight the next day.
The hotel is the farthest situated one amongst all the airport hotels situated on Century Boulevard. Dont let that deter you though...its still only 5 minutes away from the airport. The shuttle runs frequently as well.

A few things to note....if you are coming by car, there is a temporary parking spot just past the lobby (free parking for about 20 minutes to check in). Parking costs $19.50 a day which is not in the least bit cheap. When I went to check in, there was a pretty long line (I doubt your 20 minute parking would suffice). However, I did skip the line and ask the front desk if elite check in was available (Platinum guest), and there was a sign saying IHG Gold and Platinum. She processed me right away and had me to my room in less than 5 minutes.

A pleasant surprise was the welcome amenity. I was given a choice of free parking for one day (pretty sweet!), free breakfast for one (which I didn't understand especially when 2 people are in the room) or a round of free drinks for 2. I was also given a bottle of water and a granola bar.

The rooms have been recently renovated and are pretty decent. Wifi is free and works well. I was given a room on the 11th floor. Slept well...check out was a breeze. Shuttle was on time, As far as airport hotels go, absolutely nothing to complain about.

For those with cars, there is a parking lot across the street. If you book online, its usually about $5 a day, or about $7 a day if you just drive up. There is also plenty of street parking around, you just need to be willing to look for it, and perhaps walk a little.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandyjb83
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear sandyjb83,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm very happy to hear that your stay went well. We value our IHG rewards members and am happy that we were able to make your stay memorable. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had a last min change of flights and had to stay at this property for two nights, got a rental car and decided to make some sight seeing during the stay.
Checking was good and fast, pleasant staff, rooms are large and well appointed. With an onsite restaurant plus fastfood joints and restaurants nearby, shuttle service to the airport is available and runs well. The only down side is the parking fee for the car we rented. Bit pricy I should say.
In all great place to rest your head before your transpacific flight.. Got everything inhouse or nearby.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear shieksvd,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm happy that your stay went well and that you enjoyed our rooms and our wonderful staff. We work hard to make all guest feel extra special.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Assistant Office Manager

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed here one night 29 Jan. Check in was efficient and as a Gold Elite Member was given a choice of either two free drinks or one nights free parking. The room was large and the bed comfortable. For some reason it had 5 small pillows, which meant that my head kept finding the gaps! The air con was was efficient. Once again only one easy chair for a double room. Largish flat screen tv. Loads of spare sockets, which meant more than one device could be charged at the same time. The wifi seemed a bit slow at times. I managed to connect my iPad first time, but my Galaxy took a few attempts.

The bathroom was quite large, with both a decent hair dryer and coffee maker(!). I always find electrical sockets strange in bathrooms, as I think it's illegal in the UK. My toilet seat was wonky and only held on by one bolt. The shower was good and the toiletries (Bath and Bodyworks) smelt nice. Bath soap but no shower gel was provided.

Breakfast was ok. A smallish buffet with all the usual suspects. It wasn't very busy, but I suspect that was because I ate fairly late. Check out was efficient and friendly. All in all not a bad hotel and one I'd be happy to use again. I'm posting this using their wifi.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear mktraveller,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. We appreciate your feedback and take your comments and suggestions seriously. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I took a quick trip to LA and found a very attractive rate and the Holiday Inn brand, noting I was going to spend very minimal time at the hotel. My first morning I woke and headed to the bathroom and turned the light on and immediately saw a huge cock roach sitting on my bathmat on the bathtub. He had apparently come up through the drain and seemed comfortable watching me enter. I asked him to leave but got no response, so I ended his life right there in room 221. Sadly, I wish I would have taken a picture. Needless to say, it casts quite a pale over the balance of my time there, and made getting up the next morning fun thinking some of his family may have come looking for him...This is a tired Holiday Inn and lower my confidence in the brand for clean comfortable inexpensive accommodations.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Bob E,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I am so sorry that you encountered this problem. We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and we assure you that this is not a common practice of the property. The hotel uses a professional service, Ecolab who regularly inspects the entire property and regularly pre treats all the rooms and grounds on a regular basis. This is in addition to the daily inspections done by the staff. I can assure you that we have addressed the issue. I invite you to contact me so we can have you back.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I recently stayed here for a night away and feel that the hotel is in need of a makeover as previously mentioned in other reviews! We were upgraded by the front desk which was nice but our room had mold in the tub, several scratches throughout the room and corridor. The hallway carpet is nice but very dark and new lighting needs to be introduced. Several items in the common lobby area are scratched as well and shows that this hotel needs some TLC from somewhere!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear seattleguymark,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D