“A guest joined me in the bathroom”

Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #114 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Arroyo Grande, California
“A guest joined me in the bathroom”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I took a quick trip to LA and found a very attractive rate and the Holiday Inn brand, noting I was going to spend very minimal time at the hotel. My first morning I woke and headed to the bathroom and turned the light on and immediately saw a huge cock roach sitting on my bathmat on the bathtub. He had apparently come up through the drain and seemed comfortable watching me enter. I asked him to leave but got no response, so I ended his life right there in room 221. Sadly, I wish I would have taken a picture. Needless to say, it casts quite a pale over the balance of my time there, and made getting up the next morning fun thinking some of his family may have come looking for him...This is a tired Holiday Inn and lower my confidence in the brand for clean comfortable inexpensive accommodations.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Bob E,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I am so sorry that you encountered this problem. We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and we assure you that this is not a common practice of the property. The hotel uses a professional service, Ecolab who regularly inspects the entire property and regularly pre treats all the rooms and grounds on a regular basis. This is in addition to the daily inspections done by the staff. I can assure you that we have addressed the issue. I invite you to contact me so we can have you back.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I recently stayed here for a night away and feel that the hotel is in need of a makeover as previously mentioned in other reviews! We were upgraded by the front desk which was nice but our room had mold in the tub, several scratches throughout the room and corridor. The hallway carpet is nice but very dark and new lighting needs to be introduced. Several items in the common lobby area are scratched as well and shows that this hotel needs some TLC from somewhere!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear seattleguymark,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

The reception area is well lit, looks welcoming and nice. Check in was easy. But as soon as you leave the foyer, you are struck by the very drab interior. You immediately think, Oh dear! This place badly needs a makeover!

The feeling remains when you get to the room. Shabby carpets. Everything looks very tired. The bed was comfortable and sleep was pleasant.

The room is equipped with a filter coffee machine. But you are provided only two sachets of coffee, one of which is decaffeinated. Two polystyrene cups. Of course they should suffice. Rang reception for some more coffee sachets. Got two more, but no cups! And tea did not seem to be on offer because there was no kettle or tea sachets....

The restaurant is okay. The food is pricey. But the waiters work hard. Breakfast is sumptuous, but you pay for every item you choose. Not a buffet breakfast with a varied choice that one is used to back home.

Check out was delayed because the front desk did not have our bills for meals at the restaurant and at my insistence the receptionist had to go and find the bills! Took a bit of time but we managed to catch the coach that was to ferry us to the terminal.

Being a Gold member of the hotel membership club did not get us any privileges at all! I hope our experience was not typical of Holiday Inns in the US. Did not get a chance to sample any others as we were flying home when we checked out.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Imliooper,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I am deeply sorry that your stay was not up to par. I would love to get more information about your stay in order to get these issues resolved. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon!

Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn at LAX for four days recently and were satisfied with our experience. The staff was very cordial, our room was quiet, clean and comfortable. The restaurant on premises was a bit pricey but the food was excellent. Within walking distance are a McDonalds, Taco Bell, Subway, Star Noodle (Thai) and Dennys. This hotel is in the airport business district so there's not much to do around there, mostly rental car agencies. The bar poured up a good Merlot at a nice price during happy hour. The hop on-hop off tourist bus has a stop just around the corner and we wore it out touring all parts of LA. The Ocean Shuttle to Manhattan Beach also picks up at that same stop. The cost was only $5 for a round trip to Manhattan Beach. That was a cool place to visit on our last day after having seen all the other sights.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 300. Not much view but quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Robert H,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm very happy to hear that your stay went well. I appreciate your positive feedback.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were traveling from Bangkok to Mexico. We needed a bed and a shower and a space that had nothing to do with planes and airports. The shuttle comes every 20 minutes. It is complimentary. The beds were soft. The rooms were clean. And the rooms were quiet despite being so close to LAX. It was a good choice for us.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LovetheWorld12
Dear LovetheWorld12,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm very happy to hear that your stay went well and that you enjoyed our amenities.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here overnight before taking a bust trip to San Diego. The airport pick up was timely and efficient (they pick up from all terminals). Check in was fast and no fuss. The room was clean and large, and bedding was comfortable. There is a snack bar and a restaurant on the ground level. I had a pizza for dinner at the restaurant it was of good quality and tasty.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear PopOle19,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm very glad to hear that your stay went well. Our complimentary shuttle does pick up in every terminal and it runs 24 hours picking up guests every 15-20 min. Thank you again and hope to see you again soon!

San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed here on an overnight layover. After traveling all day, I expected to get some good rest. Big mistake. I was given room 1205 on the executive floor due to my platinum status. I went up and immediately noticed a loud jackhammer type noise coming in from down the hall. I waited a few minutes, thinking maybe they were working on a room down the hall. After 30 minutes, I had had enough and called down for a new room. When I went out, I realized it was the elevator! The next room was ok. Obviously dated and tired but clean. Make sure you ask for a room away from the elevator when staying here. Staff was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator if you expect to sleep.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Henry L
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Henry L,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review on your recent stay. I want to first thank you for being an IHG rewards member Platnium staus. We really appreciate your loyalty. I apologize for the issues that you encountered. We want to accommodate our guests to the best of our ability. With that said, please do not hesitate to contact me on your next trip and I will make sure to get you into a quiet location.

Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Sinerely

3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,417 reviews
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl

Been to Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport? Share your experiences!