“Good Location & Helpful Concierge Desk”

Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #114 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sydney, Australia
“Good Location & Helpful Concierge Desk”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for a couple of days, the location of the hotel is good as well being close to the airport if you are only there for a short stay over. We wanted to go shopping so asked Joe the bell captain from the Concierge Desk and he was extremely helpful, showing us options for shopping at outlet malls, where to go in LA etc which made it easier for us when researching of where to go for the day. He even helped organise car transfer to the shopping outlet mall and back to the hotel which was convenient.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear J0anne2013,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us such a great review on your recent stay. Joe has been at our property for over 30 years and is extremely knowledgably, he knows all the great areas around us.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is the most over-priced hotel in the IHG chain! Priced nearly identical to the neighbouring Holiday Inn Express, as well as the Crowne Plaza, and Candlewood Suites, it is laughable because the other 3 properties are so far and above this one, there is no comparison whatsoever! The hallways were dingy, depressing, filthy dirty, the lobby not much better. The room décor was extremely dated, along with very poor dim lighting, and the room not particularly clean by any means. To my disbelief, there was NO HOT WATER the morning that I departed, which is absolutely inexcusable! The only positive note to the entire stay was the buffet breakfast, which offered a delightful variety of choices such as scrambled eggs with peppers, and onions, sausages, French toast, cereals, breads, a whole array of beautiful fresh fruit, and even oatmeal! I would not recommend this hotel, nor would I ever consider again staying here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CaliforniaKewl
Dear CaliforniaKewl,

First and foremost; thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Holiday Inn LAX was recently taken over by a new management company and there are great things to come. These comments help us identify the issues that are big to the consumer so we can target those items. Rest assured we are taking note of all of your concerns and we will continue to come up with proactive solutions for all of our future guests. With projects already in place we are excited to see how successful this hotel will run. Again, thank you for your comments and your honesty. You are much appreciated!

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My friends and I were flying in from a number of different cities across the USA for a cruise that left the next day and we wanted a basic hotel near the airport to be able to use our one rental van to pick up each person at they landed and then crash for a night of sleep. The hotel lobby and staff were all better than expected for a hotel at this price point but I ultimately can not recommend staying here.

The main reason I wouldn't recommend this hotel was because each of the two rooms my friends and I were split between had noticeable mold issues throughout the bathroom. We also found two cockroaches in our bathroom during our one day stay (luckily, I'm not at all squeemism). I wasn't expecting Renaissance level service and appreciated the pleasant staff and quiet rooms - other than the cleanliness issues, it would be a perfectably reasonable place to rest your head for a short stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear ThomasH21,

First and foremost; thank you for taking the time to write us a review on your recent stay. I am happy that the staff was pleasant but am so sorry that the rooms were not up to par. We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and we are completely aware that this is not a common practice of the property. I invite you to contact me so we can discuss this matter further and so we can prevent incidents like this from happening in the future. I can be reached at the hotel directly at 310-649-5151 or by email at nancyr@hilax.com.

Thank you again for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times on short business trips, too many to count. I arrived in the morning, and noticed a sign on the door saying that the hotel was under new management. I usually book my room under the government rate, as in the past they've give quite a few perks for booking that rate. The perks included a 10% discount on drinks and a $25 dollar voucher that could be used for either breakfast or dinner. Upon checking in, I was informed that now they were only giving a $15 breakfast voucher. I was miffed, but oh well. Also, I am a platinum IHG member, but for some reason their system was saying I was only gold. I later called IHG, who in turn called the hotel and got it straightened out. The room was clean as usual with the basic amenities. I had a comfortable, restful stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Hotels2ndhome
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Hotels2ndhome,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us. You are absolutely correct in that we have changed management. Please know that we still value our Government employees and have modified these changes to complimentary breakfast and parking.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions, comments or concerns.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Had a very pleasant stay at the holiday inn. Very handy to lax and the concierge Joe was very helpful when the tour we had planned fell through. He had us on another new tour bus within 20mins. He took all the stress out of our vacation!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Malcolm J
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Malcolm J,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review about your stay with us. I am very happy that Joe was able to make your vacation here in LA a stress free one. He is our superstar here at the Holiday Inn. Our hotel shuttle is a definite plus for LAX travelers since it runs 24 hours and picks up every 15-20 min. Thank you again and I will share this great review with Joe.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a great time at the Holiday Inn LAX

The concierge Joe made our stay enjoyable with handy hints, tips and info. Joe was very helpful! We would definitely recommend this place to everyone.

Room was clean :-)

Dean

Room Tip: Tip: if you need any help about anything see Joe the Concierge !