“Nice place convenient to LAX”

Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #124 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here a couple of nights due to it's convenient location to LAX. Good size rooms and friendly service.We were woken very early in the morning by staff holding a protest which was very annoying. Please note I'm making no judgement on their dispute, I dont know what it was. The hotel provided a free breakfast and waived the parking charges which I felt was a sufficient way to make up for it. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay went. We strive to exceed customer satisfaction. Although, there are some things that are out of our control such as picketing we do our best to take care of our guests while you are at your home away from home.

Julio

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel is ok, the rooms are adiquate, bedding is comfortable and seem clean, the noise from the airport isnt too bad ( to be expected considering the location) however the inside walls must be paper thin as you can hear everyone coming and going. Reception staff were very pleasant, there was a porter???? No help with luggage at all. Considering there are so many other hotels around and that they are part of the holiday inn group i expected more.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your review! I will be using this as a training tool for our staff. We do have bellmen, however, someone should have offered assistance with luggage. We appreciate your comments and will share them with the staff!

Julio

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The reservation staff were polite and that's the only thing that was good about this property!!

This property is well over priced and needs a great deal of money bringing this hotel up to a reasonable standard for an international airport .The budget Ibis leaves this property far behind.

The property also having Union issues with frequent demonstration's at front of hotel ,so beware being woken up very early in the morning with lots of noise from chanting ,drums etc. and total disruption

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HowardDG
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Hello and thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Holiday Inn LAX strives to provide the best service. We apologize that we fell short from that expectation. The hotel has preventative maintanance plans to keep up with the everyday wear and tear. We will review this with our Director of Engineering to ensure we fix all issues you listed. Thank you again!

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I left my kindle fire in the room when I checked out rushing to get to a class in the hotel so hours went by the I finally left went to the airport and I realized I left it I called the hotel and told them I would come back they said there was no one to check lost and found so I had to wait till the next day so I did and spoke with a manager he told me to file a police report so I did I called corporate they did nothing I spoke with GM of the hotel and the police told me they couldn't contact them either. Oh and they manager told me I need to understand they are going to believe there employees over me. I just want a replacement that was a gift. They are very non helpful

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for the review. I understand it's always a difficult situation to be in when something is forgotten and then turned up missing. The unfortunate fact, though is that the hotel needs proof before being able to accuse an employee of taking something. I am very sorry this occured to you. We hope this message finds you well! Thank you - Julio

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The first VERY BAD experience with this hotel was the shuttle from the airport. I waited for more than an hour for pickup. When I called the hotel, the staff wasn't willing to help me with the shuttle. The standard answer was "the shuttle is on the way - about 10 minutes away".
The second very bad experience: they will charge US$ 300 on your credit card for "incidentals".
The only good experience was that I left the hotel for good.
Hotel is too pricey. Other options are better for less money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience with the hotel. The shuttle service, unfortunately is an out sourced company, but your comments have been relayed to them. I will use this as a training tool for my team to let them know there are other options we can give you should the shuttle be running late. Again, thank you for your review!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

excellent service compare to local hotels in LA, i prefer who ever want to stay in LA area
and the rooms are cheaper,internet is faster,and the hotel is very close to the airport,good restaurants,food is not expensive

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for the great review. We strive to exceed all guest's expectations and I'm glad we acheived our goal with you. We hope you are doing well and hoping to see you again soon. - Julio

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Mostly, outstanding and warm staff. The location is perfect. In the parking lot is a McDonalds...we had .49 cent ice cream there :). Note, the parking is pricey...I think $19 per night. Stayed one night, two kids and a cousin. Good linens and no airport noise (on the executive floor).

Room Tip: No views from there...it's still just crummy just LA. :) But, we never intended to spend hours t...