“Worse service. They hire thieves”

Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #129 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I left my kindle fire in the room when I checked out rushing to get to a class in the hotel so hours went by the I finally left went to the airport and I realized I left it I called the hotel and told them I would come back they said there was no one to check lost and found so I had to wait till the next day so I did and spoke with a manager he told me to file a police report so I did I called corporate they did nothing I spoke with GM of the hotel and the police told me they couldn't contact them either. Oh and they manager told me I need to understand they are going to believe there employees over me. I just want a replacement that was a gift. They are very non helpful

• Stayed: May 2013
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Thank you for the review. I understand it's always a difficult situation to be in when something is forgotten and then turned up missing. The unfortunate fact, though is that the hotel needs proof before being able to accuse an employee of taking something. I am very sorry this occured to you. We hope this message finds you well! Thank you - Julio

Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The first VERY BAD experience with this hotel was the shuttle from the airport. I waited for more than an hour for pickup. When I called the hotel, the staff wasn't willing to help me with the shuttle. The standard answer was "the shuttle is on the way - about 10 minutes away".
The second very bad experience: they will charge US$ 300 on your credit card for "incidentals".
The only good experience was that I left the hotel for good.
Hotel is too pricey. Other options are better for less money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience with the hotel. The shuttle service, unfortunately is an out sourced company, but your comments have been relayed to them. I will use this as a training tool for my team to let them know there are other options we can give you should the shuttle be running late. Again, thank you for your review!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

excellent service compare to local hotels in LA, i prefer who ever want to stay in LA area
and the rooms are cheaper,internet is faster,and the hotel is very close to the airport,good restaurants,food is not expensive

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for the great review. We strive to exceed all guest's expectations and I'm glad we acheived our goal with you. We hope you are doing well and hoping to see you again soon. - Julio

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Mostly, outstanding and warm staff. The location is perfect. In the parking lot is a McDonalds...we had .49 cent ice cream there :). Note, the parking is pricey...I think $19 per night. Stayed one night, two kids and a cousin. Good linens and no airport noise (on the executive floor).

Room Tip: No views from there...it's still just crummy just LA. :) But, we never intended to spend hours t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your response. We are so happy to hear that you had a pleasent stay. Although, there are things we cannot help such as the view :) we try to win our guests over with warm, caring customer service.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

King size bed, very comfortable with excellent mattress and other small details. Very good rest with zero noise. The only think i don't like is having to pay 15$ for the parking... We got a very good rate through hotwire. Location very close to airport and car rentals. Recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear jehu_sitges

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am glad you got a well rested sleep in our clean, comfortable and spacious rooms.

In regards to parking, due to our prime location near LAX, parking is scarce and in most places very hard to find which is why many surrounding hotels charge. However, we have received great feedback from other TripAdvisor users on our complimentary shuttle. It’s, convenient and also a quick 3 minute ride to the airport.

Thank you again for your review, we hope you “fly” in to visit us on your next trip!

Sincerely
Nancy Rosales
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Booked through Wotif for the early checkin guarantee - arrived and needed to convince front desk about early check in. Reluctantly "upgraded" us to an executive room - went upstairs to find a tiny room with the bed unmade, trash in the bathroom and very dirty. Refused to refund the accommodation and left anyway in disgust. Stayed down the road at the Westin instead - much better price, immediate checkin, and great room (clean too). Believe the negative reviews and if you are a traveler to LA looking for a freshen up after a long flight - avoid this place!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tony S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Tony S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online.

I am sorry to hear about your troubles during your visit. As per standard procedure, requests made upon reservation are not guaranteed as it will be based on availability upon check in. I humbly apologize for the shortfalls you had during your stay and for the service issues you have encountered. Kindly be assured that your comments will be looked into and will be used to consider updates where possible.

Guest comfort is of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a comfortable environment. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 19, 2013

After over 16 hours of traveling from Europe the sight of the Holiday Inn bus brought a smile to my face - got on after waiting only 5 minutes at LAX.Checking in was easy and quick -room was large, Air con worked well and the TV was huge. Quick shower and then to the pool for a swim to relax the body. We had dinner in the hotel - I had the hamburger washed down with a couple of glasses of acceptable red -nothing fancy but just what was needed. Off to bed and slept well. Only hotel on our trip which did not included breakfast in the cost of the hotel.Breakfast OK but a little expensive for what it was. Took a taxi to Dollar Rental to pick up our car and then we were off. No reason to leave the hotel -so no safety issues. The hotel does what it says on the tin - a one night hotel for people arriving late or leaving early.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Andrzej116,