“Going from Bad to Worst”

Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #122 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The location is good, evening shuttle pick up at the airport needs improvement, interestingly enough, it is not a big issue going from the hotel to the airport early morning, except for the wait and the confusing map at the lobby that does manage to show the real location of the shuttle.

We stayed at this Holiday Inn last week, Friday night. The check in is as unfriendly as it can be but we say fine, there for one night. While at check in, we requested a wake up call for 5:30am and the person that checked us in told us that we needed to get up to our room and call the operator. We called and called. No answer. Then, my husband called from his cell phone over and over again, somebody answered but hung up on him. Finally we opted to use the alarm on our cell phone. Many thoughts came to mind in terms of safety and security. What if we had an emergency?

The bed sheets were grayish/cream color and the top sheet had a hole, old and raggedy, and I am not even discussing the pillows quality, just small rocks.

Next day, at check out we expressed our concern to the woman at the reception desk and she was shocked to hear about about our communication problem from the previous night. We learned that there is no operator during evening hours and that it is the front desk that is supposed to answer those calls.

I will love to love this hotel, it lets me down on a continuous basis.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Rick R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

My sincere aplogies for the inconsistencies listed in your Review. That is not indicative of the way we operate this Hotel on a daily basis & all items will be addressed with the appropriate Management Team Members & rectified. The Hotel does have an Operator in the evening that answers all incoming Calls (24 hours a day in fact)....so this incident is very unsettling to me & of course Wake Up Calls can be taken at time of Check In, no Call is neccessary to arrange.

I do hope that you give us another opportunity to make a 1st Impression. I can assure you that your experience will be much different.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I travel a lot of work, we had a corporate meeting at the hotel and we were there for 4 days. The Food and Beverage staff was incredible! This is a great place to have meetings! They will take such good care of you. Rooms are big, bed is comfortable. Great place! Highly recommend!!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy to hear that your Meeting & Stay with us was flawless. Our F & B Staff is one of the best in the business when it comes to Catering large Meetings. We look forward to Hosting your Event once again next year.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The good lady wife insisted on resting in LA after our flight from Australia, so all we wanted was a place to sleep and recuperate. Having stayed at this hotel once before for essentially the same purpose, we had no problem in booking another stay. The hotel provided a free and regular shuttle service to the main terminals. We arrived at around 8am, and expected to be told that the room would not be ready for quite some time. Instead, we were given a room straight away, at no extra charge. A very generous and appreciated gesture. The room was clean, with good facilities. We had a meal in-house, and were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rick R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive Feedback, I will definitely share your comments with my Team.....they will be very pleased & we look forward to having you back very soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed twice for a one night layover. The free shuttle was great and we didn't have to wait long. On arrival able to check in straight away. Check in easy and relaxed. Rooms had double beds. Only towels for two we had to ask for extra even though could sleep 4. Disappointing that the bathroom had mould in it - both bathrooms different rooms. We had a meal in the bar downstairs - my sons burger looked tired and as if it had been reheated. Breakfast buffet great, plenty of food. Check out quick and efficient.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

My sincere apologies for the items listed in your Review, I will adress them immediately with my Director of Housekeeping & Food & Beverage Director. I was happy to hear that your experience with our Breakfast Buffet & Front Desk was good, as it should be.

The Free Shuttle is a great asset for us to have & it truly takes the stress out of traveling from LAX.

Thanks again & we'll see you soon.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had 12 hrs hear on a lyover and it did the job nice and easy to get to on the shuttle there and back. A large room that was clean and could really darken. The gym was well laid out with all you need after a long flight to get the body moving. There is also a small pool for a dip if you are keen.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy to hear that your stay with us (although brief) was just what the "Dr. ordered"...

Our rooms do darken very easily during the daytime & allow for our Day Sleepers to get that much needed rest in between long Layovers. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Shuttle bus from the airport was quick, to the airport was a bit hit-and-miss as no-one seemed to know when it was due.

Checkin was fast and efficient, I was given complimentary bottled water and a drink voucher as a Priority Club member, which was very appreciated.

Room was quiet and very comfortable, large bed, range of pillows to choose from. Small but adequate bathroom, but the hot water supply was unreliable.

The managers "happy hour" in the bar was a nice touch, with some finger food and free drinks, and friendly staff circulating. I ate in the restaurant for dinner, was sat in a dark corner and mostly ignored by a disinterested waiter. I ordered a steak, it was dumped in front of me while he was busy chatting to another staff member, no eye contact or 'here's your dinner'. I thought it may have just been that waiter, but experienced the same thing at breakfast the following morning. Steak was good; breakfast was good. I had the buffet breakfast which was inexpensive by some standards, plenty to chose from, the hot food was hot and fresh.

I had a late flight, so was interested in doing a day tour of LA. The concierge Joe was absolutely brilliant, helped me chose and pay for a tour, took my luggage and stored it securely for the day.

All in all a great hotel, good value, and I would definitely stay here again. The only dark spot was the restaurant staff - twice (hence the rating of average for service - if they picked up their game, it would have been excellent).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Rick R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your candid Review of the Holiday Inn/LAX. I was very pleased to hear such positive Feedback regarding your interaction with Joe, he truly is a Gem & one of the best Employees we have. Unfortunately I was not very pleased to hear of your challenges with the Staff in the Restaurant. I can assure you this will be addressed with my Food & Beverage Director immediately & changes will be made.

We look forward to having you back once again the next time you pass through Los Angeles.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great location with big rooms, friendly service and a comfy in house bar serving several international beer brands on draft. Room service was quick and delicious. McDonalds, Taco Bell and a gas station with a good selection of everything are right next to the hotel for snacks, beer, water etc. This hotel is just along the street from several car rental companies as well and has easy access to LA's freeways. For a one or two night stay in LA, this is hard to beat!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for such a positive Review. My Team strives for excellence every day & it appears that we executed flawlessly during your visit. Our Bar is a great place to unwind after a long Flight & does have a great selection of Ice Cold Beers on Tap.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX
La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX
#123 of 353 in Los Angeles
LAX Area
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport? Share your experiences!