“Hang on to your concierge, Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #131 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We had a 5 day stay in LA and wanted to be close to all the touristy things to do, so this spot was pretty central. We had not booked any of our tours before arriving, so were very happy to meet Joe the concierge who made it very easy to book tours and visit places we needed. Nothing was too much trouble for him. I noticed he was super friendly and helpful with other guests too. I have been to many hotels and never encountered such an enthusiastic concierge who is very good at his job. All the other staff were friendly and did their job well but Joe just seemed to go out of his way. Thanks Joe!!
This hotel suited our needs. We found it clean and well kept for the price we paid. However,we were disappointed that there was no fridge in the room and if we wanted one we would have had to pay extra.
The kitchen provided tasty dinners but the breakfast was not nice. Luckily there was McDonald's next door, but we try to eat healthily and there were no shops within walking distance to buy groceries.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Management H, Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for recognizing Joe and our staff! We are pleased to know that you and your family had a great stay with us. The hotel location is indeed central to major freeways and local attractions making it convenient and hassle-free to get around LA! Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was a little worried after I booked this as I then read some of the negative reviews on here. I don't know whether they've made great improvements or if the previous reviewers stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and not here, because I had a wonderful experience! The room was large with a great, comfortable king bed. It was clean and had everything I needed. I had a great view and I could even see the Hollywood sign from my window!
The staff were friendly and very helpful. My favourite was Joe, the concierge. He was very friendly, interested to hear where I was from (excited to talk about cricket when he heard I was Australian!) And he even did some magic tricks. A great experience.
The only thing I would say is the breakfast is a little heavy on the greasy stuff. But I think that might be more a thing about the USA in general, rather than the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AmandaEC82
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel is very nice - more in line with a Hilton. Lobby is lovely and my room was really nice with very nice appointments and TV. There was a really nice large bathroom, comfortable bed and pillows and free shuttle to the airport. I have nothing but compliments for this hotel and the price was reasonable.
There was a very special woman at the desk when I arrived who was so welcoming and warm. Later when I went back down to have her print my boarding passes there was an unpleasant man who didn't think he should have been charged $29 for staying until after 3 p.m. She stated that they had extended his time to leave until 2 p.m. and he didn't make it. He said it was her fault for not waking him up :o) My point is that she handled him in an outstanding and professional manner and he was really nasty. She stayed calm and pleasant. This hotel is most fortunate to be represented by such a talented employee.

Room Tip: Don't be misled by the outside appearances - this is a nice place. Also much less money than oth...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

WOW! A top of the line Holiday Inn, Thank You for the fantastic review and for helping us spread the word about our fabulous property. Customer satisfaction is a top priority and is gratifying to hear you enjoyed our comfortable, spacious and clean accommodations at great value. We love your compliments, thank you very much.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night while transiting back to New Zealand hotel was clean the room was massive and modern the restaurant was pricey but adequate all staff I came across where reasonably friendly great free shuttle service to LAX airport.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your positive review about our friendly staff, massive and modern accommodations! We are happy that you found our hotel to be reasonable and convenient to LAX. Safe travels!!!!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as my flight was delayed by American Airlines. I was booked in for 2 nights; 11th and 12th December 2012.
Upon returning home to Australia, I noticed a charge to my credit card that was incorrect. They had charged me for a friends dinner, that she had already paid for.
I emailed them as I couldn't call internationally, and they ignored my email for a week. After finally responding, they didn't listen to what I was saying and refused to ring me to discuss this and sort it out. 12 emails from me, and 12 replies until it was sorted. It's not that they made a mistake that angers me, as we all make mistakes. Rather, it is the response to the mistake that makes or breaks a company.
Never have I had such shocking service, and never will I stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank L0ver0ftravel
Management H, Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

We appreciate your feedback about our handling of your billing questions. I am sorry that your overall hotel experience was over showed by the lack of response after the fact. We will address the issue at hand and improve upon it to ensure customer satisfaction. Please accept our apology and hope that you will give us the opportunity to be of service in the near future.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here due to being stranded in LA during our flight to Hawaii. We needed to eat dinner so we went to the diner in the hotel. We were in a bad mood and the diner was slammed so we expected poor service. To our surprise, our waiter, Genaro Soto did a wonderful job. He was the highlight of the day for us. The diner was crazy busy and he was able to still provide great service. The hotel probably should have been staffed better, but that did not prevent Genaro from doing his job. He is a great employee with a great work ethic. Holiday Inn is very lucky to have an employee like Genaro! Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Curt C

I'm really proud of this review. Thank you very much for your outstanding comments regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn LAX and for recognizing Genaro Soto. We hope you’ll come back again!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Good service and shuttle worked well from airport but hotel is showing its age and needs some work. The staff were friendly and helpful but the room was old and the bathroom was not very clean. We understand that this is a very busy hotel with lots of guests staying only a short time but a small lift in cleanliness and a small amount spent on decor would go a long way.

• Stayed: January 2013

We thank you for your compliments about our staff, service and convenient shuttle. We strive to provide superior service and exceed our guest’s expectations everytime. Regarding the hotel, we will share your recommendations with other departments and address them fully. We appreciate your feedback, thank you very much.