“Convenient hotel”

Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #117 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Convenient hotel”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I am from DC so I am not sure if this is normal for LA but the restaurant and gift shop prices were VERY high. The only problems I experienced was with the parking gate, my card kept not registering and causing me to have to park and go inside. I would suggest a better way of coming and going especially when you are staying multiple days. Also, my room was next to the laundry room, I suggest making that for staff or something. Caused A LOT of noise in my room. My bed was huge and comfortable. All and all I had a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Do not get the room next to the laundry area, VERY nosey.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
ireland
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed here after a long flight from London. Shuttle bus came witihin seconds. Check-in good and also room / bed all comfortable. Dining in the restaurant was surprising good as was breakfast next morning. The area outside looked glum and uninviting, but that is no fault of the hotel. All in all a good experience. Well done Holiday Inn.

2 Thank corkboy2009
ottawa canada
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is an average hotel. Really all of the HI hotels are similar, just basic and usually convenient. The rate was good. Rooms were clean, Internet worked good and the shuttle runs every 15 minutes, 24 hours / day. If you are in a hurry and have a early flight, this is a good choice.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 18, 2012

The hotel is just an average 3-star hotel. This was our last hotel stay before we departed out of LAX. We chose this hotel due to its location nearby LAX since we had to return our rental car the following morning.

This was the last leg of our 7-day journey, and it was a disappointing one. We pre-paid this hotel via the LA Airport hotel website and received the normal hotel confirmation to my e-mail. But upon checking-in to this hotel, we were asked for the hotel voucher. We were stunned since we never received a hotel voucher except for an e-mail confirmation. All the hotels that we stayed prior to this hotel never asked to see a hotel confirmation paper since they already had our reservations in their system. They only asked to see our photo identification.

After I insisted that I never received a hotel voucher for this pre-paid booking, I was told to print out the hotel confirmation from my e-mail at the concierge desk, which I did. It was really a hassle. I am still wondering why the check-in was not efficient. The reservation staff was already holding a printed document with my name on it, yet she wanted to match the e-mail confirmation to it. Reminds me of the old-days before information technology came into place where staffs have to see "paper" confirmations. Overall, it took me almost 25 minutes to get checked-in.

Aside from all the hassle, the room was ok. The room was quite big but run-down condition. Don't think we would return here again. Would rather spend more and get better service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Journey_Delight
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear My_Travel_Book,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We are glad you like the location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. I am deeply sorry you found the service at check in less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This was a great Holiday Inn. Not to be confused with the Holiday Inn "Express" that is $20 more per night. Why? Who knows. But the room was spacious, Clean and the bed was comfortable. The Shuttle from the airport to the hotel took very long to pickup, but its free so whose complaining? Check-in/out was fairly smooth. We only stayed one night, the breakfast was typical warm hotel breakfast. The pancakes were great! Caught the shuttle back to the airport, which only leaves on the hour or something like that...and they literally do not let you board the shuttle until the hour hits. Overall nice stay for a great price!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank str8foward
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Friendly reception staff. Handy location to the airport for overnight stays. Awesome comfortable beds and pillows.
Would stay here again. Nice breakfast to start off your day. Handy shuttle to and from airport.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Hotel is clean and very close to airport. Staff is more than helpful in most situations. Restaurant is fine, but I would suggest eating out for breakfast as their breakfast menu is extremely high priced. $28 for two and one of us only had toast and juice. Their lunch and dinners are more in line with what cost should be.
Overall a good experience and I have been staying there for years. As holiday Inn advises..... No surprises.

• Stayed April 2012
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,432 reviews
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl

Been to Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport? Share your experiences!