2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$175
Booking.com$175
Hotels.com$175
Priceline$175
eDreams$175
Lol.travel$210
1,671 results
All reviews downtown la rooftop deck music center valet parking biltmore doorman dtla
Selected filters
Reviewed June 22, 2019

Smaller size rooms, with the basics. Not much amenities compared to other larger properties like a lounge. There's a gym with basic dumb bells, cardio, mats and ball. Dining-in food was okay, had the Cobb salad, it wasn't as fresh, wilting lettuce for $19 dollars. The staff was friendly, but one night there was an incident with another guest next door. A domestic incident and there was banging and loud scream. The cops were called, the staff tried to diffuse the situation without luck, more screaming at 3 am as I woke and can hear the husband/bf keep calling his wife/gf "bro" and wanting his phone and shirt because the cops were coming. It kept up for at least 5-10 minutes before the situation died down but I definitely heard the banging as I thought someone was banging my door.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank trevordo
AltheaAbdallah, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2019

Hello Trevordo,

Thank you for the review and for sharing your experience. I appreciate your comment regarding our friendly staff. We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 20, 2019

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Hilton Checkers in Downtown LA this past weekend, and while the property and room were nice, the guest services left much to be desired. The lady who checked us in was very nice, and helpful, as well as the doormen - however, we were a bit disappointed with the staff from then on. The next day, we noticed the TV in the room was not working - it wouldn't turn on with the remote or by directly pressing the power button on the TV itself. We called guest services, and nobody picked up the first time. A few minutes later, we called again, and were able to get through to someone. The person on the phone informed me an engineer would be sent to the room to fix the TV... nobody ever came. The following day at checkout, I mentioned my disappointment about this to the front desk, but they didn't seem to care, dismissing it with an uninterested "I'll let engineering know." The lack of interest left us with a sour taste in our mouth, and would think twice about staying here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank daniel h
AltheaAbdallah, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2019

Hello Daniel h,

Thank you for taking the time to share a detailed review of your stay. We are sorry to hear that your experience was disappointing. We are in the process of replacing all guest room TVs before the end of July 2019. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again

Reviewed June 19, 2019

I enjoyed my stay at Hilton Checkers and would return if I had work walkable to the hotel:

Pros:
- They gave me two bottles of water saving me the trip to the store or the cost of the premium bottles in the fridge.
- The staff was warm and receptive from the greeter at the door to the front desk
- The building felt secure which is important in downtown LA. A key was required to access the residential floors
- There was free coffee in the lobby in the morning and a nice bar in the evening
-The hotel seems to have been newly renovated

Cons:
- The Neighborhood: I was advised on several occasions during my two-night stay, not to walk around the neighborhood at night alone. As someone who prefers to walk, this was frustrating. For that reason, I'd stay here only if I have a work trip and my office/event is nearby.
-The Shower was designed strange with the spout facing the sliding glass doors. The floor was soaked every time.

Date of stay: May 2019
2  Thank Ashley R
Reviewed June 16, 2019 via mobile

I visited LA for 2 nights, and stayed at this hotel. The hotel was pretty decent and well located in the downtown area of the city. The lobbies and the rooms were pretty clean. The staff was courteous too.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank shikharrshah

Hello shikharrshah,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit in Los Angeles. We look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit to DTLA!

Reviewed June 12, 2019

My team worked overnight to complete a presentation file. I thought no problem and I can download it first thing the morning, grab breakfast & coffee, and be on my way to my presentation. Nope! Spent all morning downloading a 250 MB file at 100Kpbs. I paid $15 for "Premium" Internet access. I feel like a premium sucker for paying now.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank LuckyMenace
AltheaAbdallah, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2019

We apologize we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is uncharacteristic of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again