2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hilton$175
Booking.com$175
Hotels.com$175
Priceline$175
eDreams$175
Lol.travel$210
1,671 results
All reviews downtown la rooftop deck music center valet parking biltmore doorman dtla
Selected filters
Reviewed March 18, 2019

The hotel fit all of our needs. Boutique like hotel. Easy access to everything. Staff was very helpful. Beds were comfortable. Walkable to most things in downtown area and a quick ride to everything else.

1  Thank lizp109
Reviewed March 14, 2019

Staff very courteous and facilities very clean. Breakfast pricy for what you get. Not the best cooking but ok in emergencies. But again very pricy for the food. There are restaurants everywhere around.

Reviewed March 14, 2019

Nice Boutique and cozy older property recent lobby and room upgrades just add to this very good downtown hotel. You can walk the whole of DTLA. The penthouse deck is fantastic and seems like best view that no one talks of the LA Skyline - I just love it. Staff is great from the door men, front desk and servers. Saved the best for last - hotel is dog friendly so you can enjoy everything and bring your dig!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Larry S
Reviewed March 10, 2019

My experience with the Hilton Checkers is mixed. The location is great if you have to di business or attend a conference in downtown LA. The staff is very nice. The rooms vary. My room was spacious and had a work desk. My associate had a room with out a work desk. The Heating/AC was awful. The room got so hot that when the thermostat was turned as low as it would go high heat still came out of the vents. I had to completely turn off the heating/ac. The restaurant was closed for both lunch and dinner the 3 nights I stayed at the hotel, Meals could be ordered in the lounge which was not as comfortable as a dining room. The hotel had 2 nice computers, but no printer. My reservation request was a room away from the elevator & ice machine. I was assigned a room right across from the ice machine.I was also assigned a handicap room and am not handicapped .I am not sure that I would return to this hotel in the future.

Trip type: Traveled on business
AltheaAbdallah, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2019

Hello Dealmaker,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed March 4, 2019

This hotel gets more of a 3.5 for me, but as I can't give half stars, I'm putting this as a 3.

First of all, I absolutely do not recommend this hotel if you are bringing your own car. Parking is VALET ONLY, with a charge of $49/night with an added $4.90 parking tax on your bill. For comparison, the Doubletree not that far away in LA is $35/night for self-park with a $3.50 parking tax. With the added wait periods/stress of getting a spot in the valet section, I would rather self-park at another hotel in the future.

The valet section in front of the hotel is large enough for about 2 cars to pull up/reside and there's usually only 1 person working the valet, meaning that it can take a while to accommodate everyone's requests. Both mornings of my 2-night stay I waited 35 minutes for my car to be pulled up AFTER calling ahead before I went down (8-9am period) and one night there were cars already parked in the valet drop-off section so I had to park my car far down the street and then wait for the valet attendant to show up to let him know where my car was. There weren't really any other parking options in the area so you are kinda stuck with this crummy parking situation. Next time I will not stay here if I have a car.

I got a weird mix-match of folks working at the front desk - some were really not that friendly and some were very nice. With my Diamond status, I got free breakfast in the morning but it wasn't explained at check-in that it is not buffet style (they just say you get free continental breakfast), so bring with you some tips to breakfast as you give the server your order and they bring everything out to you. They also seemed a bit understaffed both mornings as there was only 1 person working the entire breakfast area and I saw at least one patron just get up and leave after waiting a while to place their order.

The room was recently redone and was quite aesthetically pleasing, but this hotel is a bit cheap with the toiletries being set in the shower dispenser and the toilet ran on and off all night. Still, the bed was VERY comfy and the place was clean. I was on one of the higher floors and didn't hear any traffic noise below.

The area is relatively safe and if you stay here I highly recommend you go down the street to Louie Bottega and get some beignets and delicious macarons.

I'll stay here again, but only if I'm not driving a car.

Date of stay: February 2019
3  Thank Astoria3
AltheaAbdallah, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019

Hello Astoria3,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the parking cost. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. We'd love to have you as our guest to ensure you have the best travel experience.