1,530 results
All reviews downtown la corner room rooftop pool pershing square the financial district heart of downtown boutique hotel staples center stay downtown hot tub disney concert hall business trip valet parking bed was very comfortable little tokyo convention center doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed December 6, 2018

Be careful if you stay at this location until the construction is finished. No access through the front door. Room I picked on the third floor looked roomier that others on the app. I got into the room and it was incredibly dark. I opened the curtains and the view was a wall about 6 feet away.Fitness room equipment needs repair.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
AltheaA24, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2018

Dear Sherpa33047708758,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for calling short of expectations. Undergoing a major hotel renovation is not an easy task and we are continually working on ways to minimize the impact to our guests. I will also share with our Engineering team and ensure that all our Fitness equipment are functional. I am confident that our guests will be satisfied once the ordeal of renovation is complete. We hope you stay with us again in the near future to experience the finished product.

Althea Abdallah

Reviewed December 4, 2018

This was the worst , unexpected (and expensive) experience I've had at a Hilton – the hotel is in disrepair with a dirty and uninviting check-in area, rooms had dirty carpets and had water stained walls and were very noisy. All "open" areas to meet for food/drinks were closed or limited. But if you are ok with all of this, the area of LA was great! :( Given the price and the experience ... it was a horrible value. This was the worst , unexpected (and expensive) experience I've had at a Hilton – the hotel is in disrepair with a dirty and uninviting check-in area, rooms had dirty carpets and had water stained walls and were very noisy. All "open" areas to meet for food/drinks were closed or limited. But if you are ok with all of this, the area of LA was great! :( Given the price and the experience ... it was a horrible value.This was the worst , unexpected (and expensive) experience I've had at a Hilton – the hotel is in disrepair with a dirty and uninviting check-in area, rooms had dirty carpets and had water stained walls and were very noisy. All "open" areas to meet for food/drinks were closed or limited. But if you are ok with all of this, the area of LA was great! :( Given the price and the experience ... it was a horrible value.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
AltheaAbdallah, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2018

Dear Dawn C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for calling short of expectations. Undergoing a major hotel renovation is not an easy task and we are continually working on ways to minimize the impact to our guests. . I am confident that our guests will be satisfied once the ordeal of renovation is complete. We hope you stay with us again in the near future to experience the finished product.

Althea Abdallah

Reviewed December 3, 2018 via mobile

Right next to the library a very convenient downtown location this building is being renovated but it has a great history and magnificent bones stand in front and look up at them beautiful carvings. Right next door to the library makes it a magnificently convenient location.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Pat S, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2018

Thank you for your wonderful comments and making my day! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans include the LA area.

Reviewed November 27, 2018

Stayed here with my daughter for a show at the Ahmanson. Location is great, super convenient. Staff was friendly and helpful. Lobby is under construction but didn't affect our stay. Got a great AAA rate and no complaints. Room was cozy and bathroom was big.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Pat S, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your nice comments and am happy that you found the hotel to be convenient, the Staff friendly and helpful and the guest rooms comfy. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travel plans include LA.

Reviewed November 27, 2018

As an out-of-towners, this was our first couple trip to L.A. The hotel main entrance and part of the hotel were going through renovation. As a Diamond Member, there was no full breakfast provided. Staff did not do his best to provide information on Valet Parking and how much they cost. Towels in the room were not of good quality; they were off white and hard towels. The bed are too soft and so were the pillows. We will not be going back to Hilton Checkers in the future even though it was a good downtown location.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Pat S, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2018

I am so sorry that your first trip to LA as a couple came during the renovation of our lobby and lounge areas of the hotel. Renovation is both exciting and challenging at the same time and unfortunately has a tendency to cause some disruption and I certainly apologize for that. Relative to breakfast, we do provide our Diamond Members breakfast and I am sorry if you were not provided vouchers. In terms of the guest rooms, I am sorry that you felt that the mattress and pillows were too soft. Had we know, we could have had you try another guestroom and provided you with foam pillows. I do not want this stay to dissuade you from coming back...we are better than what you experienced and we'll soon be a new hotel with the current phase of the renovation due to be completed by the end of December and the renovation of our guest rooms beginning in mid-December, with a scheduled completion date of March 31st. I do hope you'll give us another try.