1,530 results
All reviews downtown la corner room rooftop pool pershing square the financial district heart of downtown boutique hotel staples center stay downtown hot tub disney concert hall business trip valet parking little tokyo convention center doorman biltmore
Selected filters
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Having booked this room online using the chat function it would have been nice to know the hotel was under construction. There was literally no lobby, the bar was also shut down. The rooms are pretty tired and the staff was not rude but certainly indifferent. Being a HIlton Loyalty member that travels a lot this was a big disappointment especially for the price I paid. Hopefully the renovations will turn it around!

Date of stay: November 2018
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Pat S, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2018

I am so sorry that you were not made aware of our current renovation. We do have it posted on hilton.com and depending on the site that is booked, that site may or may not provide the opportunity to post information. In terms of the renovation, it was necessary for us to close the main entrance of the hotel during this phase and to relocate and utilize an alternate entryway around the side of the hotel. It also forced us to move the lounge to a temporary area within the restaurant. Renovations are both exciting and problematic and we apologize for that. The lobby and lounge area is scheduled to be completed in December and we will than move on to renovating our guests rooms. They will be completed by the end of March. Having said that, rest assured that when all is said and done...it's going to be beautiful and we look forward to having you back so that you can experience and enjoy our new hotel.

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Hilton Checkers, holds the Hilton banner pretty well when it comes to service. Could be a excellent rating but unfortunately it’s going through some construction. My stay included a proposal for my GF which staff was very helpful in certain things. The location is in the center of DTLA.

THE JUNIORS SUITE ARE ALL LOCATED ON THE 1st FLOOR (according to front desk). So if your looking for a view don’t book the JR SUITE.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It was nice to hear that your stay was good and that the Staff was helpful. I apologize for our being under renovation and appreciate your understanding. We are looking forward to it's completion and to the opportunity of welcoming you back that next time your travels bring you to the area so that you can see and experience our new hotel.

Reviewed October 31, 2018

Took over 15 minutes to check in, even though there was one person in front of me. I was not aware there was construction, the likes of which I hadn't seen. Service at the restaurant was horrible even thought there were only a handful of patrons at that time. No one would greet us so we would sit down - only to be moved by the wait staff when they finally came out. Food took forever - even though we could here laughing in the kitchen - second day the bill took so long I left cash on the table and left. Room was fine - experience and service was unlike anything I have expereinced at a Hilton.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am so sorry that your experience, particularly in the restaurant was not a good one. That is not the service we want to provide. Quite honestly, I am embarrassed and surprised, as I typically hear great comments about Checkers food and the Staff. I can assure you that I will be sharing your comments as I want and need the Team to know what our guests are saying and how very important it is to provide excellent service...consistently. I do apologize. I also realize that you visited during our current renovation and appreciate your understanding. Renovation is both a curse and blessing at the same time and we continue to look forward to it concluding in December for the lobby and lounge area and at the end of March for our guestroom renovation. We certainly hope that you will give us another try so that you can experience and enjoy our new hotel, the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

The hotel location and rooms were ok, and the staff at the hotel was friendly and provided great service, but the entire ground floor was under construction. There was no disclaimer when booking the hotel that construction would be occurring. The entire lobby was closed and when walking in and out of the hotel, there was a dusty haze in the air, which was unappealing for a city that also has poor air quality to begin with. I normally really enjoy Hilton properties and stay there as much as possible for work, but this trip really turned me off, especially without notice.

Room tip: Rooms are all generally ok, the ones ending in 05/06/07 are near the elevators I believe.
1  Thank TJLZ

We so apologize that you were not aware of the current renovation going on at the hotel. We do have it posted on hilton.com, however, depending on what booking site you made your reservation on, it may not have been posted and for that we apologize. The lobby and lounge area are scheduled to be completed in December and we will than move on to renovating our guest rooms. They will be completed by the end of March and will not nearly be as intrusive to the operation. We did experience a bit of dust in the air as the contractors removed the old flooring. I certainly hope that you will give us another try when your travels bring you to the area, so that we can restore your faith in Hilton and our hotel.

Reviewed October 29, 2018

I needed a place to sleep for a few hours, and this place was perfect. Quiet, comfortable, with friendly staff - and before I left, I checked out the roofdeck hot tub - nice touch! The location is also good for business at the convention center

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Checkers G, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you found our hotel comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on future trips to Los Angeles.