1,545 results
All reviews downtown la public library corner room rooftop pool pershing square the financial district heart of downtown boutique hotel staples center stay downtown hot tub disney concert hall business trip valet parking bed was very comfortable little tokyo convention center
Selected filters
Reviewed October 31, 2018

Took over 15 minutes to check in, even though there was one person in front of me. I was not aware there was construction, the likes of which I hadn't seen. Service at the restaurant was horrible even thought there were only a handful of patrons at that time. No one would greet us so we would sit down - only to be moved by the wait staff when they finally came out. Food took forever - even though we could here laughing in the kitchen - second day the bill took so long I left cash on the table and left. Room was fine - experience and service was unlike anything I have expereinced at a Hilton.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Pat S, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2018

I am so sorry that your experience, particularly in the restaurant was not a good one. That is not the service we want to provide. Quite honestly, I am embarrassed and surprised, as I typically hear great comments about Checkers food and the Staff. I can assure you that I will be sharing your comments as I want and need the Team to know what our guests are saying and how very important it is to provide excellent service...consistently. I do apologize. I also realize that you visited during our current renovation and appreciate your understanding. Renovation is both a curse and blessing at the same time and we continue to look forward to it concluding in December for the lobby and lounge area and at the end of March for our guestroom renovation. We certainly hope that you will give us another try so that you can experience and enjoy our new hotel, the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

The hotel location and rooms were ok, and the staff at the hotel was friendly and provided great service, but the entire ground floor was under construction. There was no disclaimer when booking the hotel that construction would be occurring. The entire lobby was closed and when walking in and out of the hotel, there was a dusty haze in the air, which was unappealing for a city that also has poor air quality to begin with. I normally really enjoy Hilton properties and stay there as much as possible for work, but this trip really turned me off, especially without notice.

Room tip: Rooms are all generally ok, the ones ending in 05/06/07 are near the elevators I believe.
1  Thank TJLZ

We so apologize that you were not aware of the current renovation going on at the hotel. We do have it posted on hilton.com, however, depending on what booking site you made your reservation on, it may not have been posted and for that we apologize. The lobby and lounge area are scheduled to be completed in December and we will than move on to renovating our guest rooms. They will be completed by the end of March and will not nearly be as intrusive to the operation. We did experience a bit of dust in the air as the contractors removed the old flooring. I certainly hope that you will give us another try when your travels bring you to the area, so that we can restore your faith in Hilton and our hotel.

Reviewed October 29, 2018

I needed a place to sleep for a few hours, and this place was perfect. Quiet, comfortable, with friendly staff - and before I left, I checked out the roofdeck hot tub - nice touch! The location is also good for business at the convention center

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Checkers G, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you found our hotel comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on future trips to Los Angeles.

Reviewed October 26, 2018

If you think it's important that a hotel actually answer the phone when you dial Guest Services or Room Service, go somewhere else. I called over the period of two hours early one morning and could never get anyone to answer.

The place is currently in the midst of a remodel and service at every step of my stay (from the moment I walked in the front door) has been awful.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

I am so sorry that you experienced such poor service at the hotel. It is unacceptable and not typical of this Team. I know that we were having some problems with our phone lines, some of which was caused by our current renovation, however, that does not excuse other areas/Associates lack of assistance or response. I sincerely apologize. We are and should always be better! I will be sharing your comments with the Team, as they need to hear what guests are saying and know that what they do or don't do has a huge impact...always.
I sincerely hope that you will give us another try down the road so that we can prove to you that we are better than what you experienced this past visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2018

We stayed at the Checkers Hilton for the Clippers Game. The hotel is perfectly positioned away from the traffic, I hate after the game gets out. We found out it takes about the same amount of time to walk to the Staples Center from the hotel as it would take to get to our car and drive to our hotel; Oh, we saved the $30.00 in parking at the Staples Center, but we did pay the Valet parking fee at the Hilton of $51.00. The extra $20.00 is worth it to me to avoid all the cars and people.

The room we had was a king suite. Over all the room was very small for a Hilton standard it was about the same size as our room on our cruise ship. I understand it was a old hotel but I would have split every 3rd room between 2 rooms to make them bigger.

The staff at the hotel was friendly and helpful especially at the front door. The staff was friendly over all but did not see many of them. The property was under renovations and most of the amenities were closed off.

The front door staff look as if they acted as security as well. In order to go to your room you had to use your key to use the elevator for added security. Although the hotel is located in what looked to be a financial district of Los Angeles there were some undesirables outside.

The bed was comfortable and firm and not too used. I dislike when my wife and I roll into each other on a bed that has broke down due to over use. I would like to bring a tape measure in one of these days and measure the bed, the bed looks small for a king and more like a queen.

It was a great game and the hotel was good the wall were not too thin and the room were quite; overall a good stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
Checkers G, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. We hope to have you visit again soon!