1,541 results
All reviews downtown la corner room rooftop pool pershing square the financial district heart of downtown boutique hotel staples center stay downtown hot tub disney concert hall business trip valet parking bed was very comfortable little tokyo convention center doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed October 29, 2018

I needed a place to sleep for a few hours, and this place was perfect. Quiet, comfortable, with friendly staff - and before I left, I checked out the roofdeck hot tub - nice touch! The location is also good for business at the convention center

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Checkers G, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you found our hotel comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on future trips to Los Angeles.

Reviewed October 26, 2018

If you think it's important that a hotel actually answer the phone when you dial Guest Services or Room Service, go somewhere else. I called over the period of two hours early one morning and could never get anyone to answer.

The place is currently in the midst of a remodel and service at every step of my stay (from the moment I walked in the front door) has been awful.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Pat S, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2018

I am so sorry that you experienced such poor service at the hotel. It is unacceptable and not typical of this Team. I know that we were having some problems with our phone lines, some of which was caused by our current renovation, however, that does not excuse other areas/Associates lack of assistance or response. I sincerely apologize. We are and should always be better! I will be sharing your comments with the Team, as they need to hear what guests are saying and know that what they do or don't do has a huge impact...always.
I sincerely hope that you will give us another try down the road so that we can prove to you that we are better than what you experienced this past visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2018

We stayed at the Checkers Hilton for the Clippers Game. The hotel is perfectly positioned away from the traffic, I hate after the game gets out. We found out it takes about the same amount of time to walk to the Staples Center from the hotel as it would take to get to our car and drive to our hotel; Oh, we saved the $30.00 in parking at the Staples Center, but we did pay the Valet parking fee at the Hilton of $51.00. The extra $20.00 is worth it to me to avoid all the cars and people.

The room we had was a king suite. Over all the room was very small for a Hilton standard it was about the same size as our room on our cruise ship. I understand it was a old hotel but I would have split every 3rd room between 2 rooms to make them bigger.

The staff at the hotel was friendly and helpful especially at the front door. The staff was friendly over all but did not see many of them. The property was under renovations and most of the amenities were closed off.

The front door staff look as if they acted as security as well. In order to go to your room you had to use your key to use the elevator for added security. Although the hotel is located in what looked to be a financial district of Los Angeles there were some undesirables outside.

The bed was comfortable and firm and not too used. I dislike when my wife and I roll into each other on a bed that has broke down due to over use. I would like to bring a tape measure in one of these days and measure the bed, the bed looks small for a king and more like a queen.

It was a great game and the hotel was good the wall were not too thin and the room were quite; overall a good stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
Checkers G, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. We hope to have you visit again soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2018

This hotel was just ok. But, while I was in the area I visited other hotels and they were very nice! The Checkers did not seem worth the money that I was spending. There's nothing terrible about it, but it just could be so much better.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Checkers G, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

When you think of a Hilton Hotel
In a major city you think of a massive hotel. Not so for the Checkers Hilton in LA. It is surpringly more of a boutique hotel. It is a good choice if you have to be in downtown. The staff are very friendly and the rooms, while not memorable, are nice, clean and functional. The rooftop bar view is spectacular and recommended highly.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Checkers G, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you had a chance to visit our rooftop, which is a guest favorite. We hope you will consider staying with us on your next visit to Los Angeles.