2 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.com$177
Hotels.com$177
Lol.travel$213
1,668 results
All reviews downtown la rooftop deck music center valet parking biltmore doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2016

Clean and nice hotel in the middle of Los Angeles. Corner rooms are the bset! It was very quiet through the night and the staffs were very friendly. Breakfast quality was also good. I would choose this hotel over and over again!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Eddie_Andre, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Thank you for choosing our hotel - and for saying you'd choose it over and over again. You have us blushing. We will share your kind words with the team and look forward to seeing you again soon. Until then we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed September 4, 2016

Room: Although great location for business downtown, the rooms are terribly lacking - faucets & shower leaky when shut off, airconditioning leaves clothing damp/wet feeling... overall room odor not good. Service: Front Desk and Bell were excellent.... HILTON: FIX THE ROOMS !!!!!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Eddie_Andre, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are disappointed to read about your stay. We assure you that your most recent experience is not what's to be expected of Hilton Checkers. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and until then we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

Beautiful place great staff and nice rooms. I am not sure if my previous review was for the hotel itself but just to be sure this is a very nice Hilton property conveniently located near the heart of DTLA and across from the historical Biltmore .
We walked to several bars and restaurant near by.
Hotel staff is top notch as is the bell man and bartenders all very attentive and pleasant .
Great place and will stay here again!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Checkers LA. We are delighted to read about your most recent experience, as it seems as though you had a great stay, and took advantage of our convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next mini getaway.

Reviewed September 2, 2016

This hotel is in a nice area of LA, right in the financial district and close to the jewelry district, if that's our thing. The hotel rooms have great views, and it's not too far from the airport. They did have to change my room for some reason, but they gave me an upgraded corner room complimentary. Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay here and would stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience. It's reviews from guests that help the greater travel community make informed decisions about where to stay and we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 2, 2016

I had one night in the Hilton Checkers in the financial district in downtown Los Angeles. The area is okay if you have business downtown. If you're a tourist, I'd recommend staying somewhere else. It's fairly close to a Metro station though which is convenient.

My room was a bit on the small side, and the window was literally facing a wall, very close to the window, so there was no view whatsoever. See picture. The TV was okay, but a bit far from the bed, and there was no pay per view or tv guide. There was no minibar, although a couple of beverages were available for purchase in the room, if you didn't mind that they were not refrigerated. The bed was fairly nice, and the bathroom was okay. However, it took ages for the shower to get warm.

As I said, I only stayed one night so it's difficult to assess this property thoroughly, but I would probably not return. The Biltmore across the street is in the same price class and better, and if you don't have business in downtown, the Magic Castle in Hollywood for example is a vastly superior hotel, with much better service.

As a Gold HHonors member I did not receive a room upgrade upon check-in nor a code to get free Wi-fi. I don't think I was offered breakfast either. So not a lot of HHonors benefits at the Hilton Checkers.

Room tip: Higher floors may have better views..
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank NirvClub

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We review all of the feedback from guests and will be sure to share your specific details with the team for resolution. While we might not have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel, we do hope you will continue to choose Hilton Hotels in the future.