“Wonderful Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Canyon Lake, California
“Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Nice, intimate, cozy and elegantly decorated.
Hosted a formal dinner dance and the staff was very gracious and accomodating to all our desires. The food was outstanding, the service was impecable.Ms Mc Kee was delightful to work with, and coordinate this event. Luis at the bar was very friendly and professional.
We are planning to come back for another weekend stay!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Rocio_R202, Executive Administrator at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
It warms our hearts to know that we could exceed your expectations. Our staff truly appreciates knowing they could make your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to your future visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Corona, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Not a bad place but did not come through with the package i purchased. I purchased TGIF should have included dinner and a town car. No dinner and town car could only take me to Nokia dropped me off a block from it and said could not pick me up So had to pay for a cab back to hotel. other then a nice hotel

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you, for sharing your feedback with us regarding your stay.
Venus Bay, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Checkers Los Angeles on our trip through Canada and California The hotel staff were extremely helpful and friendly The position near downtown LA suited us for the close proximity to family that live in LA with a large selection of eateries in close proximity. The rooms were a little small but very clean and well maintained with the bedding resuling in very good night sleeps

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are so glad you experienced an enjoyable and restful stay with us and that our associates could exceed your expectations. We look forward to your return visit.
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

My family stayed at Hilton checkers for 1 day. We arrived there late and waiting line was very short. However, it took us more than 40 min to check-in because the system was down. The receptionist was extremely unfriendly and didnt bother explaining to us what was going on until I asked him what was going on. He simply said that the system was down and that was all.

The room was ok but shower was old and its water pressure was not very good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Checkers01, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
I hope you can accept my deepest apology for the system issue that led to an unpleasant arrival experience. The system issue should not have been the cause of the unfriendly behavior of my staff, I am sorry you had to experience that behavior. I have shared this post with my team, so that they do not impart their stressors onto guests. I do to hope you choose us again during your next visit to the downtown area.

La Quinta, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Nice rooms, beautiful old hotel. Our only problem was that they charged my wifes CC at Check-in (no problem), but then there were 4 other charges, and then 3 reversals, resulting in our bank (BofA) putting a hold on her card due to "questionable charges". We didnt find this out until the next day, when the hotel tells us her card was declined. We called the bank and they said it was put on hold due to the multiple suspicious charges the Hotel made. No biggie, I used mu card (same acct) and all was fine. When I told the clerk about why the hold was on her card, he told me "No sir, it was a problem with you acct, we do this all the time". So, be careful.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Checkers01, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed account of your experience while visiting Hilton Checkers. I am glad the accommodations exceeded your expectations. I am also equally dismayed about the fiasco with your wife's CC, that should not have happened and for that, I am deeply sorry. I will share your comments with members of my front office team as a learning experience. I clearly have some additional work in this area to ensure our services are equaled with our accommodations. Thank you to have chosen Hilton Checkers and I hope you will reconsider your decision to return to our hotel.

Lompoc, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Just stayed at Hilton Checkers. We are Hilton Rewards members. I was very disappointed. We were there with friends. Called to see if room was available early but they said no not unless we wanted to give up our current room which was a nicer room. Hilton kept trying to persuade us to downgrade to another room ( probably so they could sell ours for higher price). They still wanted us to pay the same .....until they could tell I was a little annoyed. Told them no we would wait. Waited in lobby until close to check in which was 3:00. I think they intentionally made us wait. Then they told us our room was ready. Funny thing we got to our room an no maid cart anywhere in sight. We looked around. The room had been probably ready for a long time. Just at Marriott day before and they were very pleasant and got us in right away. This hotel is nice location to downtown L.A. But beds are really small. Marriott always treats rewards members better. Probably going to give up Hilton Rewards after this experience..

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chayla_11
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Hilton Checkers, this feedback is very much valued. I do apologize for the messaging your were provided about early check/in. I will of course share your comments with the housekeeping and front office teams, in order to improve our timeliness in cleaning requested rooms and appropriate messaging regarding early check in. Thank you to have chosen Hilton Checkers and I hope you will give us another opportunity when you are again in the area.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

I don't usually stay downtown but, because I had an event, I chose the Checkers. It's an older property but has been maintained and renovated very nicely. The room was very well appointed although the lighting was a bit dim. The bathroom was very spacious and had a great Juliette balcony that you could actually go out on. Everything was very technologically up to date, including LOTS of plugs for charging. Didn't get a chance to look at the fitness center. Bar looked very active although I did not go in. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely go back here if I needed to stay in LA. Actually have already booked my next stay in March.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rocio_R202, Executive Administrator at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
We are so glad we could exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us