“Wedding Night Bliss”

Hilton Checkers Los Angeles
Ranked #61 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I visited this hotel on our wedding night back in December 2012. We chose this hotel for out one night getaway because this was the location of our first getaway as a couple. I initially booked here (June 2012) because they have smoking rooms and we are smokers (yes I know it's a bad habit). When I booked again in December I never thought they would have changed their smoking policy, but they had and I booked a smoking room. When we arrived on Christmas Eve we were told they didn't have a smoking room available since their smoking floor was now down to just two smoking rooms. I have to say I was highly disappointed, but upon explaining that it was our wedding night and the reason I booked with them the front desk was nice enough to send up champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. I didn't want to make a fuss about it and not stay since it was Christmas eve and even though I didn't get exactly what I wanted this was a very nice gesture. We're not usually ones to enjoy amenities, so even though we've been here a few times we haven't taken advantage of the rooftop pool or jacuzzi or even the restaurant, but I'm sure we'll be back again in the near future to enjoy them. The staff is very attentive from the doorman, to the bellmen, and the housekeeping staff. I love this hotels location, even though you're in the heart of the business district, at night all the skyscrapers light up and it's simply beautiful (at least to this suburbian). Of course everything you expect out of a Hilton is lived up to by this property and we will be back again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,324)

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a Hilton but it offers the feel of an old world boutique hotel. The lobby is small but very efficiently put together. The staff is super helpful and caring. They will remember you, your schedule and your preference. They greet you and ask about your day. They just do well and provides a very intimate atmosphere. Ronnie at the front desk is super. His advice about the area is superb. Valet parking is not issue and very efficient. It is a delight to stay here. The location is great with many restaurant around and only five minutes from Chinatown, Little Tokyo and the Disney Hall and the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Just finally got around to making a tripadvisor account so figured we would do some reviews. We went there after becoming engaged (we are in our mid-20s). The staff was great, the rooftop pool and hottub were also a nice touch. I had some interviews in downtown LA and this was the perfect central location for everything including getting to the interviews, and later, taking my lady out to dinner.

Would highly recommend this resort, my only suggestion would probably be I did not see it as a "family friendly" resort but I find it hard to believe thats the type of people who are looking to stay in the business district of downtown LA. It very well may be though, I just did not get that feel from it. Anyway, highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Will-and-Karen-27
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel is a great, boutique hotel that does not act like your normal larger Hilton Hotel. The pool and spa on the roof are fantastic. The staff are friendly and accommodating. I always stay here when I need to be in downtown LA.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great hotel in downtown LA. From the arrival, you notice a great friendly service from the staff. The rooms are very large, quiet with a large marble bathroom. Definitely will stay again. Highly recommended !

Room Tip: choose a room facing the public library courtyard.
Reviewed April 16, 2013

To begin with, downtown was not the most attractive area of Los Angeles, but the hotel itself was nice. Reception was pleasant and the doorman was helpful. My room was very small, with a tiny closet, but I felt secure (travelling alone) and the room was quiet. Bed and bedding were comfortable, the lighting fine and I appreciated the two full length mirrors. The desk was convenient and pleasant for working on the computer, although they charge $10 for internet connection. The bathroom was roomy enough and clean. My room was rather stuffy and although the weather outside was chilly, my room would not cool off. Maybe the A/C wasn't turned on, but I opened the windows and it cooled off enough to sleep. I did eat in the restaurant and used room service. I thought the prices were reasonable and service better than average. If you need to stay downtown, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here for business travel for 2 nights. The hotel was pretty standard. The rooms were nice. The restaurant food was good (a bit expensive) and the location was good for work. I wasn't totally impressed with the hotel. The roof was undergoing some sort of construction. It's not in a very good location if you're here for sightseeing.

Room Tip: I would assume the higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Checkers01, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

We are sorry our location did not fit your needs, as well as the construction disrupting the comfort of your stay. We hope the next time you're in the area you would consider staying with us again.