“1 night business trip”

Ranked #53 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
“1 night business trip”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was expecting small rooms and old elevators, but was pleasanlty surprised by size of the rooms and the overall condition of the hotel. The rooms were open and had plenty of space to move around. Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable.

The front door was attended by two guys who made you feel welcome on the way in and out of the door, every time you went in and out.

There was also a nice looking bar and restaurant, although I didn't sample either of them.

1 Thank Wade S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Checked in late evening for a one night stay. I wanted a place near the Dolby Theater, but the prices were very high in that area because of the Oscars. The Hilton Checkers turned out to be a great choice for the price and wasn't a bad drive over to the theater area. Check in staff person was uniquely pleasant. Complimentary bottles of water recognizing my Hilton status were appreciated. I would love to have had complimentary wifi, but no luck. Room was nice and comfortable. Skip valet parking if you don't need in and out privileges. It is $24 instead of $42 and is in the same garage they use.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank LittleJoPeep
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a great experience an great rest! We were in town to see a Lakers game and found the location to be perfect! It was a $6 taxi ride to Staples Center and the LA Live restaurants. We passed some inviting restaurants on our way to Staples too. We're Hilton members and we arrived around 7 pm. They had turned down the bed with chocolates, left our complimentary water on ice and a wrapped snack...we were impressed with the details and customer service we felt from all the staff. We're already planning to return and try the wine bar/restaurant down the street.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Clparker
Los Angeles County
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I visited a guest in this hotel for a business talk, and I used their valet parking service. When they gave my car key back, the key chain was missing. The keychain is nothing expensive but it was a personally made item by my son as a gift for me on Father's Day, very valuable to me. To some people it's not a big deal but to me it is. Im not sure if someone took it 'cos the ring that came with it was gone too, or, they're just careless and don't care at all.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mitch_a87
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Good choice for downtown LA. Nice boutique-sized property. I appreciated that Hilton maintained so much of the marble, woodwork, and other historic details in the lobby. This is not your typical, big-city convention Hilton. Handsome, quiet rooms (but no views because of nearby buildings). Friendly staff. Great seafood restaurant across the street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank denver_mg
DonnaLewis1, Director of Sales at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your 5 star review ,..... we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Hilton Checkers and hope to see you again soon !
Sacramento, California
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here for business in the financial district, just a block away from work. I forgot part of my power cord for my laptop, and Richard at the front desk went out of his way to help me find a replacement. I would've been in big trouble without it. Everyone at the front desk was helpful.

I had a room at the front of the hotel with 3 windows which was very nice. Linens were good, bed super comfy and the bathroom large. I used the hot tub on the top deck which was a nice experience as well.

Didn't eat at the hotel as there are so many tasty choices nearby.

1 Thank JJMARX
We sincerely THANK YOU for choosing Hilton Checkers and for the 5 star review of your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that our staff went out of their way to help solve your power cord challenge ... we truly pride ourselves on making every effort to meet our guest needs !
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Staff is really great. Water pressure in shower not wonderful but not terribe.Bed was very comfortable. Internet was reliable. Didn't try amenities but the menu looked good and, had I stayed longer, I'm sure I would have tried something. I would have liked a chair in the room so I didn't have to watch TV from the bed.

2 Thank Barbara S
Thank you for your review of your stay .... It appears that you were staying in the hotel during one of our recent upgrade projects that temporarily effected the hotel's water pressure. We do apologize for the inconvenience, but are pleased to hear that we still manged to make your stay enjoyable.