“Nice Boutique Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Nice Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great hotel in downtown LA. Had a room on the 8th fl facing Library since the building is not that tall views from the room windows are not that great. Roof top pool area was very nice with great views of some of the down town skyline. Hotel bar and Checkers restaurant were very nice. Hotel staff were very professional and friendly. Would recommend this hotel to any one and plan to stay here when I get back to LA.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Hotel itself is very good. Rooms are clean and nice, location is great if you plan to stay in downtown but the best they have is the staff. Superb helpful and welcoming, especially the from desk guys. I was not impressed with the LA but the people who live there are extremely interesting, charming and seem to enjoy the city very much. Also liked the bit where you walk out of the hotel and walk straight into the film set with all the actors and film crew. Not to forget the best restaurants around and food places. I guess I just did not stay long enough to enjoy the LA as the city residents do.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My opinion generally of LA is not great; however the staff at this hotel changed my mind! They were super helpful and went out of their way to answer all of my 76 year old father's questions with kindness and patience.

The beds were super comfy and the spa was great!!

I got an amazing massage but the price was a bit steep and the hotel pool on the roof was small and has no sunlight after noon so if you were planning on getting a tan, dont!!

Overall though the hotel was great!

League City, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2012

1st let me say that I was very fortunate 2 go on this trip. My fatherNlaw travels & we were able 2 stay here with him. It was my fatherNlaw, husband, myself, & my 5 year old. We only stayed here b/c my FNL paid for it. If I were paying I would not have chosen this hotel. He & my husband both went to the Weftec convention which is why we stayed at this hotel. At the time I was around 5 months pregnant with my son. when we arrived everything was fine with hotel but location stunk. My plan was to take my 5 year old to Walt Disney Land but that didn't go as planned. That evening we arrived we were hungry so we walked to an atm and subway. While at the ATM we saw a homeless lady talking 2 herself so we quickly hurried 2 subway. While N Subway a homeless man came N and started talking 2 my daughter which made me very uncomfortable. It was a complete culture shock for me. i didnt want 2 eat there so we took food back 2 hotel. I thought I had done enough research on getting around LA w/o a car but apparently not. I read you can take the metro train to hollywood so that was the plan after eating. We walked a short distance to the train station which is underground and once again I WAS FREAKED OUT. there was a homeless man on the floor & another homeless man begging 4 $. Being 5 mths preg. & emotional & w/ a 5 year didn't help the situation. My husband was also freaked out. Getting a train ticket was really confusing as well as trying to figure out what train to take. it also didnt help we had to keep an eye out for homeless man that was begging for $. We left outta there as fast as we could. Not wanting 2 waste the rest of the evening we took stinky cab to Hollywood. Spent about $40 maybe more for round trip. while N HW we did the bus tour & they allow ur ticket 2 B good 4 24hrs. We did the bus tour late at night so it was still good the next morning. My husband had the convention the next day so my daughter & I took cab back 2 HW and did the bus tour N the daytime. the bus dropped us off at the grove and I saw extra. snooki (yes I know booo) was there but whatever it was interesting 2 watch. I found myself on the extra tv commercials when snooki is on, ITS HILARIOUS. I didnt do WDL cause i would have had 2 go alone w/daughter and the train station experiance scarred me. I read i would have had to take a cab to union station then take amtrak/ metro to wdl but i was too freaked out going alone with 5yr old. When my husband had extra time we took metro bus (also scary) to santa monica. that trip took FOREVER since they stop every 5 seconds and of course the day we went it was dreary out :(. We felt out of place on metro bus. Once again location of this hotel stinks if your taking public transportation. If U do have to use pt then DO RESEARCH and make sure to have plenty of extra money for cab fare. if we ever take trip back to LA we will make sure to rent a car. We also didn't take into consideration all the money spent on cab fare because I told husband i was confident on getting around LA using train. boy was i wrong! Hotel was nice, no problems, just location

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Colorado Springs
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel met and surpassed my expectations. It is directly across from the street from hotels costing two to four times as much money. The rooms are beautiful. The pool and workout room on top of the hotel has the most amazing views. The lobby and dining areas are first class.

1 Thank eaglecountry
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Overall this Hilton hotel was good, we stayed there for 4 days and inside the hotel was good. About 5-7 minutes walk from Metro station. Inside of the hotel is in very good condition and staff are very helpful. Windows are well sound protected so you do not hear much.

Bad things:
Although locality is within financial district with lots of high rise buildings, there are many beggar who approach you unexpectedly. Sometimes they stand outside the hotel as if this place is beggar's shrine. Slightly expensive.

If I had a choice to stay there again will I stay maybe yes!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the main road since it can be noisy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roger123321
San Jose, California
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I really enjoyed staying downtown at this particular Hilton. The staff was exceptional, the restaurant food very good and lots of nice restaurants and sights to see within walking distance including a large mall with Macys. Parking is a bit steep - I think $38 per day but everyone is steep. Hilton still has the best beds and pillows in my POV.