“Great friendly employees!”

Hilton Checkers Los Angeles
Ranked #62 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 2, 2011

When I first checked in, there were police officers all over the front entrance and the lobby. Being from out of town, I asked one of the police officers what happened. He said it was the NBA All Star Weekend and they have NBA players staying in the hotel. Wow! Talk about meeting basketball players! I checked in finally with my clients and learned that the hotel was sold out and we're unable to upgrade our rooms. My clients and I had a great stay at the hotel and the employees were extremely helpful. Even the bell hop, would always check to see if we needed anything. I believe that the greatest interaction I received was from the manager named, "Joey." He ensured that my clients and I were having a great stay and provided us with a tour of the hotel and places to see while in downtown. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my firm and my clients.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed April 2, 2011

I was hesitant about staying downtown but I'm so glad my husband talked me into staying at the Hilton! True to Hilton form, the staff was extremely courteous and gracious, the rooms were large enough and the bed was very comfortable. The rooftop pool is so nice and we even relaxed out on the outdoor patio with our cocktails. The hotel is very close to the Disney concert hall and they have driver's service. We'll definitely use that service next time we stay. Overall a wonderful couple's getaway spot, especially if you enjoy dining in downtown or going to the theatre. We will definitely stay at the Hilton again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I was traveling with my grandmother for the first time in USA and can't believe I was treated so badly during the first few days in the country, from HILTON staff! read on...
Although this hotel meets all the expectations of a comfortable and luxurious room, my experience was entirely disappointing when I was traveling with my grandma and she had taken things from my purse and put it in the hotel drawer without my knowledge and she forgot them after checking out. We were in Las Vegas when I realised I was missing A LOT of items left in the Hilton drawer and when I called the hotel the next day after checking out, no one seemed to be helpful at all!
Kept getting voicemails instead of talking to actual people and I felt as though there was some conspiracy of the staff. I never did recover any of my items, which included an envelope with cash (which is what I suspect tempted the thief), an external harddrive, family photos and a HUGE white folder filled with copies of important legal and visa documents amongst other things, which the hotel conveniently just told me over the phone that there was "simply nothing in the room or in lost and found."
Disappointed with their lack of interest or surprise in the matter that SO many things had gone missing, I made the trek BACK to Los Angeles from NYC only to be greeted by pushy managers and unhelpful and uncaring staff, even after traveling all that way!
I could not believe the insulting attitude I received from a MANAGER when I was clearly stressed as I needed important documents that were taken as an exchange student.
Clearly, their staff need training in handling customer relations, and for a Hilton hotel, that is unacceptable and ruined my COMPLETE stay in LA!!

Furthermore, nothing was offered as help or incentive for all the items I had stolen and I am extremely against Hilton hotels now!
Will be filing a police report!!

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Checkers01, General Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles. In reading your posting, I was also disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations and hope you can accept my most sincere apology. Your experience has given us cause to review and correct our processes, most importantly, the manner in which we speak to our guests. I am grateful you decided to stay with us and hope that in time you would be willing to give us another opportunity.

Again, sorry about the dissapointing stay,

Reviewed February 26, 2011

This is a smaller boutique style hotel with character.
This was our second stay at this locations so that is a good sign ;0)
Located in the buisness district. The staff is friendly, especially love the kitchen staff. The food was delicious.
I very much enjoyed the roof top pool and hot tub, the spa is also locatedon the roof top however you cant just walk in it is by appointment only.
Sometimes the roof closes for special events so check into that.
rooms are charming and roomy.
We enjoyed shopping, and a tour of the city. The front dest is helpful will finding hot spots and destinations.
I would go back again.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2011

The Hilton Checkers was the perfect location for my wife and I since the hotel was our base for visiting the Norton-Simon Gallery in Pasadena as well as the Huntington Library in San Marino, the Art Deco walking tour in LA Downtown itself, as well as a Chicago Bulls game in Staples Center. The hotel is also a very short walk to the home of the Los Angeles Philharmonic and LA Live.This hotel may not be the closest to "tinseltown" tourist sites, but this is a matter of what sights one desires to see. Now for the hotel itself: a boutique hotel with "character"-- a 1927 building that has retained its period architectural
"look" and "feel" not only on the exterior of the building, but in the interior as well. A pool on the rooftop gives a nice view of the high office buildings--especially in the evening. The restaurant has an interesting menu and serves quality meals in a relaxed setting. I would not consider the rooms to be large but they are CLEAN, well kept, with flat screen tv's and nice- sized bath facilities. Every staff member had a pleasant attitude, smiling face, and a desire to assist their guests. No request was too much! We would love to visit again on a return trip

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2011

The hotel is within 5mins walk from 2 metro stations, which have direct trains to Union Station (10mins), Hollywood(20mins) and Universal Studio(30mins). Also got buses to Chinatown and Little Tokyo. If you plan to watch a basketball game, it takes about 15mins walk to Staples Center. There are also several decent restaurants around and one small supermarket which offers fast food as well. Room was not particularly big but clean and tidy. Check-in and check-out were very smooth although we didn't use much services. Will definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Response, Manager at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

Thank you very much for sharing experiences regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Checkers. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed the service and accommodations here, and we hope that when you are back in town, you will give us another opportunity to serve you. As you pointed out, our location is so convenient to many of the major downtown attractions, LA LIve, The Grammy Museum, the Convention Center, all the stages at The Music Center, and so on. Perhaps, when you return you will have an opportunity to explore more.

Thank you again and best wishes to you.

Reviewed January 27, 2011

We spent one night at the Hilton Checkers and were very impressed with the room, the amenities, and most of all the friendliness of the staff. That part of LA is very quiet at night but we did not feel that it was dangerous at all. When we left the next morning the door man was very helpful with directions to the freeway. The complimentary coffee in the lobby is excellent. Wish I had taken an extra cup with me in the car!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Checkers. We appreciate your feedback and we were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back and would like to invite you to follow us on our recently launched Facebook and Twitter pages. That way you can be notified of any special events or promotions we are offering, and be the inspiration behind another visit to LA.

Thank you again and best wishes to you.