I was a little concerned about my booking at this hotel, prior to arriving. There are a lot of negative reviews. But here's the deal.
It's downtown Los Angeles which, as a city, is just seeing what urban revitalization can do. The hotel is a kickback from the 80's. I kinda like the decoratve pools with fountains and under water lighting. It reminds me of grand Carribean resorts when I was a child. It is a 1200 room hotel with countless meeting and conference rooms, so it is tailored for that market and it's busy. Real busy. While I was here this weekend, there were Emmy Technical Awards for Daytime, a wedding, an NHL draft, three days of Dodgers-Yankees games, an Electronic Music Festival, LA Film Festival and that's just what I was aware of.
The lobby, hallways and most common spaces definitely made the bottom of the priority list in what I assume is an ongoing renovation. My room was medium sized, but immaculate, great view, Heavenly Bed (TM) nice Panasonic Flast Screen television a great desk and ergonomical chair.
The staff are really pleasant, welcoming and accomodating. The maids scurry around the floors trying to be is unobstrusive as possible. The servers and bar tenders are quick, know the product, perform their work accurately, professionally and politely. Bellmen were very eager to assist me with luggage and holding luggage on my check out day. Front desk remagnetized my room key on at least three occasions. Concierge is amazing, I'm just about to write a letter to Westin with compliments to him.
So, I'm not sure where people were staying before they came here -- that would motivate them to criticize so heavily. I took a quick wander to JW Marriott and the Ritz Carlton to scope the place out and have a little bite to eat. Yes, they're nicer. Newer furniture, fresher paint, tailored uniforms for the staff, but when I was shopping for a hotel for this stay, I ended up using Hotwire but had looked at Expedia prices for the competition pricing. They were all $300+ P/N. So when it comes to value, I was quite pleased with my $95 P/N room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegantly presiding over the City of Angels, The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites provides the ultimate urban oasis in the heart of the business district. An international symbol that has come to represent the beauty and sophistication of the city itself, this famous Westin Los Angeles hotel is one of the most photographed destinations in the world. Stroll through our atrium lobby and you'll immediately see why. Whether you're visiting for a leisurely weekend getaway, business meeting or special event, our downtown Los Angeles accommodations define the essence of modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel Los Angeles
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel And Suites
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Westin Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin