I don't know why people make such a fuss!
After planning a 4 day trip to LA and San Diego in late June, I ended up booking two rooms at the Westin Bonaventure because of the location and close proximity to both Santa Monica Fwy and the Hollywood Fwy.
Then I found out about the existence of tripadvisor.com and read some of the negative reviews here. Having already pre-paid for the rooms, I couldn't cancel and was very very nervous about our stay at the hotel. Turns out, there was nothing to worry about.
Yes - the hotel is a little too "urban" and can come accross as very crowded. But at the same token, the floors were quiet. The check-in was fast and efficient and we got both of the rooms on one floor, close to each other. It is true that you could potentially lose your way around the floor because of the different towers, but it's not THAT big of a deal.
Both rooms were great, clean and well decorated. They were a little small and oddly-shaped but not to a point where it bothered us. The view was beautiful, especially at night (well, we were lucky to be up high in the building).
Here comes the most wonderful part of the hotel though - the HEAVENLY beds! What an appropriate word to describe my sleep there. Super-extra-comfortable, luxurious, warm, cozy, soft...
Not any less wonderful are the heavenly showers which make you want to stay in the shower cabin all day long. The bathrooms are beautiful, spacious enough and equipped. Note to ladies - take shampoo and soap from home because my girlfriend claimed that the soap and shampoo smelled like a guy's cologne.
Overall the hotel presents good value if you get discount room rates (we paid $150 per night per room). It's great to be able to get on the two highways close by and be in Hollywood in 15 minutes or in Santa Monica in 30.
The one major downside is the mandatory $20 per day valet parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegantly presiding over the City of Angels, The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites provides the ultimate urban oasis in the heart of the business district. An international symbol that has come to represent the beauty and sophistication of the city itself, this famous Westin Los Angeles hotel is one of the most photographed destinations in the world. Stroll through our atrium lobby and you'll immediately see why. Whether you're visiting for a leisurely weekend getaway, business meeting or special event, our downtown Los Angeles accommodations define the essence of modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Starwood, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel Los Angeles
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel And Suites
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Westin Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin