I have lived 40 minutes outside of Los Angeles all my life, so I've driven by the Bonaventure many times. My husband and I were being treated to dinner at Flemming's, so I thought it would be lovely to stay downtown rather than making the drive after a lovely meal and cocktails. I used SPG points, from our American Express Card ,to book the room online. Parking at the Bonaventure is $40/day -valet. Give yourself at least 15 extra minutes when you want to call for your car because this is a HUGE hotel and the valet is very busy! Check in was easy. SPG members have special check-in desk. Ricardo checked us in. He was great! We were upgraded to a suite on the 17th floor- an SPG member floor. We had lovely views of downtown from both the bedroom and the living area. These suites have two bathrooms, a small fridge, a coffee/tea maker and two televisions. WiFi is an additional fee. The room appeared recently renovated; however, I did expect it to be a bit more elegant than it actually was. It was nice, but rather simply decorated. The fixtures were not as high-end as I had imagined they would be. We took a taxi to Flemming's from the hotel. We waited about 30 seconds for a taxi to drive up to pick us up.
After dinner, we had a drink in the hotel's top floor Bona Vista Lounge. It is a rotating bar that you must visit. They give you Chex Mix at the cozy, outward facing booths, so you can enjoy the view out the tremendous windows. We also visited the Lakeview Bistro in the Lobby for the breakfast buffet. It was a lovely buffet with both American & Asian standards. The orange juice was amazing. We felt like the buffet was a "deal" in such an upscale hotel. The hotel staff was polite ,and we enjoyed our stay. I will mention that I did awake during the middle of the night to the sounds of the freeway/traffic a couple of times. If you're staying downtown in the middle of everything, you certainly shouldn't be expecting silence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegantly presiding over the City of Angels, The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites provides the ultimate urban oasis in the heart of the business district. An international symbol that has come to represent the beauty and sophistication of the city itself, this famous Westin Los Angeles hotel is one of the most photographed destinations in the world. Stroll through our atrium lobby and you'll immediately see why. Whether you're visiting for a leisurely weekend getaway, business meeting or special event, our downtown Los Angeles accommodations define the essence of modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel Los Angeles
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel And Suites
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Westin Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin