“Good Hotel, A tad old but still good.”

The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
Ranked #51 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel is overall nice some staff being pleasant while some not really. Location's good and facilities are not too bad either.

Starting with Service, the staff at the reception was relatively nice and saw our check in process through nicely. However the concierge was terrible. He was by far the most unhelpful person we've met in the hotel. Maybe he was German so he couldn't understand our spoken english well, but still i think he could have been alot more helpful and at least fake a smile when responding to a customer of the hotel.

The hotel has their usual restaurants and what not, there's more food options on level 4. It's sort of like a food court with the usual western cuisine, korean cuisine and the usual Chinese, Panda<something> cuisine you get in most areas of Los Angeles.Food on the level there is nothing to wow about. You could get breakfast for about 5 bucks though, which isn't too bad for the city.

Now there's wifi in the lobby free for everyone to use, which was nice and all, but the internet went down one day, all the staff could do was to tell me to "Go to google and it should prompt you to login". Basically to them it was my PC that was messing up and not their systems. I had to take the time to explain to them the issue before they decided to call the IT support guys. Speaking of that, beware of the Fedex office printer, at the point of this writing, Tray 1 is spoilt so if you want to use it make sure u select another tray.

Overall the rooms are nice and clean. If you room faces / is near the elevator shaft i suggest you close your curtains else everytime it goes by someone will be peering into your room. Parking here is 40 bucks a day, pretty steep but it's town, so there's not much of a choice.

Room Tip: Ask for one that doesn't face the hotel elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank avvee
Write a ReviewReviews (2,962)

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Outstanding hotel that met all our needs.

Great location, helpful staff, excellent pool and health club! Stayed for 8 days and could not fault it. Room and bed is perfect and presently sitting in the foyer bar on Independence Day 4th July, listening to an outstanding live band - can they play!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at Westin Bonaventure 4 nights for a conference. Its a good conference hotel with spacious rooms in a typical business hotel style. The hotel interiors and public spaces are interesting, but the logistics between the different levels is demanding. Not all levels are directly accessible with the elevators. Not much to see in downtown, and shopping is quite limited in this area. I tried Macys a few blocks away, but was turned off by rather sloppy service.

Room Tip: Be aware of the rooms next to the elevators. People can look directly into your room from from the g...
1  Thank Aroundtheglobe
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at the Westin for business.
The room was a good deal, but everything else adds up very quickly. If you have ever stayed at a Westin, you know your experience will be top notch. The Bonaventure is a great hotel that also has a good history of films that were made there.
The pros:
Downtown location was terrific.
It was honestly the best most comfortable bed (outside of my own) that I have ever slept on. New mattress and very nice high-quality sheets.
Clean rooms and great towels.
Service was fantastic.
The hotel has quite the Hollywood credits, including In the Line of Fire, Hancock, Heat and so many more.
The Cons:
Don't think of driving. Parking was 45.00 a night.
Internet was 13.00 a day.
Breakfast was very expensive.
Outside of the expense and all the add-ons, it was still a good place.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

An iconic part of the LA skyline, the Bonaventure is striking from the outside. Unfortunately, its multiple towers make it a headache to navigate from within. Our room on the 22nd floor was spacious & comfortable & offered a splendid view of the LA Basin. However, it smelled of "air freshener," a characteristic of American hotels that I can't stand. The pool is small & out of the way (no elevators go to the 4th floor, so one must take an elevator to the either the 3rd or 5th floor, then use the stairs). Still, it provided us with relief from the heat & interesting people-watching. The continental breakfast was expensive ($22 for adults), but offered quality & variety, including Asian noodles & miso soup. Parking was also expensive ($40/night), but convenient & sadly necessary in LA, a city built for cars. The service was friendly. We enjoyed our stay, but I doubt we'll ever stay at the Bonaventure again due to its high cost.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
lmccue77, Director of Sales at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Westin Bonaventure and sharing your review. We are an iconic hotel that was built in 1976 by the famous architect John Portman. If you stayed with us in May or June you visited during busy conference and convention times and limited guest room availability as a result. There are several parking options in addition to our valet services that are close by and some are less expensive. We also offer several family packages that include breakfast and parking with your guest room accommodations. Please visit our websites for several package selections that may help meet your travel and budget needs.

Thank you again for staying at the Westin Bonaventure.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is my first Trip Advisor review, because I'm so disappointed at the experience I've had at this Westin and I've only been in my room for one hour. The first room I checked into smelled like mildew and the phone wasn't working. The second still smelled like mildew, so I figured it was a building issue.

Then I attempted to order items from the menu in my room and was told they were not provided by the kitchen yet. The woman on the phone read me her menu and it didn't match mine. There were only two gluten free options on my menu and the kitchen didn't even have the ingredients from these items to sub into other menu items. I haven't stayed at a hotel recently that didn't have a few gluten free items - especially a Starwood Preferred Hotel. When I called service express to let them know they have handed out menus with entrees that aren't available, they simply said they'd notify the kitchen. No apologies. I expect more from Westin Hotels - maybe I shouldn't.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and providing your review. Our rooms are thoroughly cleaned and inspected prior to a guest's arrival to insure the highest quality of cleanliness and that all in-room amenities are properly working. I am sorry that the room you were assigned did not meet your expectations and that our efforts to resolve this wasn't satisfactory. Regarding the Gluten free menu items not being available has helped identify a training issue. Westin recently went brand wide by offering many gluten free items for each meal time in all of our restaurants and room service selections.

Upon your next visit please let the reservations agent know that you experienced these problems and we will make every effort to make sure you don't experience these issues again. You can also contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you. Thank you for staying at the Westin Bonaventure.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed there for 4 nights, used the gym and the pool a lot and enjoyed the great lobby area. Good value for money.
Location was good for me as on a business trip, on vacation I would other areas more interesting for tourism.
I particularly enjoyed the brewery which is actually not part of the hotel - chilling in the sun near to pool was great.
I also loved the elevators - scenic.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent stay at the Westin Bonaventure and your kind comments regarding your experiences. We appreciate your recommentation and certainly look forward to welcoming you back when your travel plans call for downtown Los Angeles.