“A very comfortable stay in LA”

The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
Ranked #50 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in the hotel during a conference in April 2013 and was very satisfied with everything. I specifically asked for a quiet room and was given one (far from the elevator and the ice machine, on level 21). The room was clean, comfortable and indeed quiet, the views excellent, the wifi reliable. I enjoyed having a Starbucks in the lobby and a coffeemaker in the room. The concierge service was excellent, too. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors provide nicer views.
1  Thank kiloptaelanevemet

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great location, walking distance to most amenities like the Edward Jones Dome, a ton of Restaurants, Starbucks across the street, Drugstore a few block away and a nice subway ride to Hollywood!
Staff were more than awesome! Helpful in every way. Conseirge was a wealth of info.
Rooms were very clean, bright with bar fridge and water. I think all locations of this hotel would be awesome, but if you want a view like us we like to be on the upper floors.

Room Tip: I think most of the rooms would be somewhat the same as there is 4 round towers, the only tip I coul...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Traveled to Los Angeles for work and needed to stay at the Westin Bonaventure. This was my fourth extended stay in the last five years and was absolutely the best one. I missed last year during which the hotel went through a major refresh. Soon as the shuttle arrived I was warmly greeted by the doorman who lead me into the lobby. I was stunned by how much brighter it was from the hotel I remembered, The new front desk was also an improvement as was the welcome by the staff. There were always enough staff at the front desk and I never saw anyone waiting in line, another positive change from previous trips.

My suite was recently redecorated and looked great. The room was 360 sq. ft and included a living area with wet bar, sofa, easy chair with ottoman and glass work desk. The surface of the desk made it impossible to use a mouse without a mousepad. I didn't have one with me, but the Westin home catalog made a reasonable substitute. The bedroom came with the heavenly king bed, which was very comfortable, a dresser and generous closet. Both the living room and bedroom had an HD TV. The living room had its own powder room and the bedroom had the latest version of the heavenly bath. Both baths had high end finishes and the new rainfall shower was great.

I've gone from dreading a stay at the Westin Bonaventure to thoroughly enjoying it. I will definitely happily stay there on a future trip to LA.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Disney Symphony Hall. You'll get the morning sun, but will have a great v...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had previously written about a prior stay with the Bonaventure and had disclosed my disatisfaction with my stay. The Bonaventure contacted me and asked me to give them one more try so I dediced to stay there one more time.

I have to say that the Bonaventure really redeemed itself on this stay. The staff at the location were very friendly and went out of their way to ensure we had an enjoyable stay. The way they handled my situation really speaks loudly about the place and its focus on customer satisfaction. I have to say thanks to Joe Rodriguez and Susan Soledad for reaching out to me and listening to my concerns regarding my stay. They handled the situation in an extremely professional manner.

Now for the specifics of my stay. I attended an Alumni Dinner with USC on Saturday and stayed at the hotel. The room was spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. The Bonaventure gets busy on weekends as they had several activities going on during the weekend of my stay. The service people we encountered were extremely helpful and courteous. We ordered room service and were pleasantly surprised by their service and the quality of the food. The next morning we had breakfast at the Hotel Lobby and the food was great. The hotel bar is also a good place to hang out and their service is great.

While my original stay with the Bonaventure left some things to be desired, this stay was a pleasant surprise. Having said this, the most important to highlight from my experience is the fact that the Hotel takes customer satisfaction seriously and they really aim to make the stay as enjoyable as possible. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Downtown LA area in the future.

Room Tip: A couple of tips for travelers to the hotel: 1) The staff aims to please - so if there is someth...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve R
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Bonaventure for 6 nights and had the buffet breakfast everyday. It was really fresh and they had a nice variety. Loved the atmosphere of the bar in the open concept lobby. Staff were very friendly and the pool was great even though it was downtown LA and surrounded by skyscrapers it got hours of sunshine. Lots of places to eat in the area. Very convenient location.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great staff, great breakfast, nice room.
For a city hotel, it is a good size room. Not huge but decent. Very clean, robes in room. Nice shower with rain shower head.

Was here on business. In hotel there us a great spa. A few of us went there for a good relaxing day.
Breakfast is not part of room, but cafe has unlimted bufffet fir $22. Everything from omelets, waffles, fruit, lox..... Worth it,

Was very pleased with Hotwl, food and room.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Service was amazing, the staff went out of their way to accommodate us and our special needs traveling with a toddler. Had a great view from the 26th floor. Short walk to the beautiful LA Library and a slightly longer walk to The Great Hope Park which was great for my daughter. Lots of food options as there is a food court on the 3rd or 4th floor. Would stay again in a heartbeat!