“Perfect place for a downtown getaway”

The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
Ranked #60 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Perfect place for a downtown getaway”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. The suite room was great. Clean, modern design.. you name it. Staff were friendly and best part of it all, it was in the downtown area. about 8 blocks away from Staples Center, a couple of blocks away from Angel's Knoll park.

I'm sure the building is old and iconic, but the lobby gave a warm and welcomed feeling.

Beds and linens were very clean and comfortable and the pantry provided ample variety of tea and coffee.

GREAT LA city view

The down side of it was the valet parking where they will charge you $40 a night.

Overall it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
France
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We arrived late and they had no kingsize bedroom anymore (this had been reserved), we therefore got a 2 bed bedroom which was great and really big. Phantastic view. They got us free wifi and removed the parking costs for the inconvenience. Breakfast was no the cheapest one but absolutely phantastic! All around a wonderful stay there!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Last night I spent the night at the Westin in a suite. I payed over $300 for one night.
Overview:
- no blankets were brought to me after calling twice
-parking fee is $40 a night
-my suite didn't include complimentary breakfast (had to pay $22 a person for buffet)
-sheriffs kept coming into the hotel
-no privacy at all
-rude staff and manager didn't "have the time" to speak to me
-didn't know if I got the room for sure, until the day before

---HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE---

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank NovaY
West Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We liked the Westin Bonaventure. Once you've checked your car in at Valet for $40 a night you walk through a corridor to the escalators that show you all the movies that were filmed at the hotel. A who's who of actors, DeNiro, Depp, Cruise and many more have shot scenes in this hotel. Once you're up in the lobby you understand why...one of the biggest lobby's I've ever seen. Rised up about 8 or 9 stories to a glass ceiling and 9 glass elevators that bring you up the different towers. The revolving rooftop lounge gives a nice 360 view of the city all the way out to Hollywood. The room is tiny but has floor to ceiling window to allow for the best possible views. We were on the 21st floor of the Red Tower and it was very nice. The red tower glass elevator is the only one to bring you to the rooftop lounge so was very convenient. Two double beds was a drag but as with most of our family trips we spend so little time in the room it doesn't matter. Very clean and modern.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here after getting a great on line deal for a 2 night stay. There is a certain "groovy" 80s factor, but it is a full-service and then some hotel. Plenty of food options, a nice bar in the center. The beds are the super-comfy Westin signature Heavenly Bed. Walking distance to the Metro station and close to Staples Center/LA Live. It is a fun place in a safe area with all the bells and whistles of a large scale hotel. Have stayed 2 times, so it's a keeper!

Room Tip: High floors afford you a great view of the city
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I work nearby, and we have begun using the Westin Bonaventure for our events. My last review last year, was fair as they needed to remodel and have consistent customer service. I hosted a recent event for our company for approximately 500 people with about 160 people needing a hotel room. Wow - I am a critic when it comes to excellent service and cleanliness and what a difference in the past year. I feel that the Bonaventure has taken leaps and bounds to improve the quality of their guests stay. Our needs were attended to with urgent response, their accomodations for our event were excellent and our needs were met.

Regarding the room. It was the same type of corner room I had which was good for comparison. My first impression was when I checked in at the desk and met Joshua. It was very late at night as I had been setting up and rehearsing sound check in the grand ballroom. He sensed I was tired and was speedy, courteous, and offered a room service credit after asking if I had eaten that day, which I hadn't and I think he was worried I would faint. Wow service. My last review said the rooms were outdated and the bathroom smelled. This time, the bathrooms had been remodeled, with the Westin style bathroom, with the simple, beautiful slate tile, very clean tub, new toilet, new marble flooring and new cabinetry. The amenities such as the safe in the night stand and the niches of cabinetry were accomodating in a small space. The carpet looked new and clean. The bed lived up to it's name as heavenly.

The room service was excellent, timely and every person I interacted with whether on the phone or in person all were genuinely sincere. No scripting, but "real" converstations. Jackie who I spoke to on the phone, asked in addition to my order, would I like housekeeping at a certain time? She made suggestions on food and was just friendly!

My trip couldn't have ended so well. I was checking out and needed a receipt, every person at the front desk consistently comes around from behind the counter to hand you your invoice or key card etc. I was looking for the elevator to go down to valet which is the only "opportunity" I would suggest, is adding a more clear cut elevator down to valet. With a lot of luggage, going down two sets of escalators is a safety hazzard and incidents waiting to occur. I got lost, asked someone who worked there walking by. Calvin - should get the Service - above and beyond. He could have pointed in the direction, but he said, I will take you with a smile. He helped me with my luggage, got me in the cramped elevator, went down with me, and opened the door escorting me to valet! Wow Wow Wow! Thank you Westin Bonaventure for listening to your guests comments and feedback. What a difference for business travelers, tourist travelers and anyone wanting to stay in a diverse hotel with restaurants to choose from, shops, spa, gym, plenty of conference meeting rooms and a great central location!

Room Tip: The rooms are a bit small, but the way the hotel has placed the cabinetry, desk etc and the usage of...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel is a bit dated with its concrete lobby architecture, but for me it was part of the fun of the place. The rooms are quite up-to-date and very nice. Service was very good. I enjoyed the whole five circular column thing and futuristic elevator. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business