I loved the location, near the metro, near Staples Center, close walk to eateries if your budget does not always permit the in house restaurants. That being said, I had traveled east coast to west, tired, wanted to relax, but the reservation clerk struggled when I questioned why she was holding so much for incidentals? I then said that since I was on a limited expense account, and did not factor that in (when I asked upon reserving what would be held on my card, they said nothing, pay in the manner of your choosing upon arrival), she could barely mask her frustration with me. I get that A-listers may stay there, and this mere government worker didn't impress her, but I shouldn't be able to tell that. I asked if I could use another card for the incidental hold, she said sure, she went on to process the entire amount incidentals included on the card that was holding the reservation. She replied I can't take 2 forms of payment, but if you choose to use another card, that's fine, the money being held on the one charged would be reimbursed by the following Wednesday(takes 3 business days to process). but Wednesday was my departure date and then she could hold incidentals on the newly submitted card. Ummmmm, anyone would therefore know that would do me absolutely no good, basically tying up funds on 2 cards at this point. She could care less, I asked for a nice view, but I guess passive/aggressive tendencies took over and I overlooked some smoke stacks with buildings blocking any semblance of a view. And no folks, it wasn't because it was filled to capacity, my coworker arrived 2 hours later and had a spectacular view! Other than that, enjoyed the work out room, for breakfast I had the best frittata ever with Nick as my server in one of their restaurants, forget the name, but Nick is the best server with an absolute great sense of humor, he more than made up for the lukewarm clerk the night before! Very comfy beds, clean rooms, and good conference site.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegantly presiding over the City of Angels, The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites provides the ultimate urban oasis in the heart of the business district. An international symbol that has come to represent the beauty and sophistication of the city itself, this famous Westin Los Angeles hotel is one of the most photographed destinations in the world. Stroll through our atrium lobby and you'll immediately see why. Whether you're visiting for a leisurely weekend getaway, business meeting or special event, our downtown Los Angeles accommodations define the essence of modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel Los Angeles
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel And Suites
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Westin Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin