“Decent but pricey.”

Ranked #128 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles
“Decent but pricey.”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Good place. Small rooms through. Location-wise it is very good. 10min driving distance from the convention center and Staples center in downtown LA. Amenities were good. Free wi-fi internet.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia
Reviewed April 2, 2010

I've stayed at this Vagabond Inn now twice, and I just love it. The location is sort of far away from parts of LA, but it's ok. It's a great little hotel for the price. The staff if super nice, and good at their jobs. They have complimentary breakfast, internet access, a pool. For some reason the rooms feel surprisingly roomy. It's not the Four Seasons, but for it's staff, price, and room size it's really a great option.

I wish they had more of them in different sections of LA. The only other one is in Hollywood, and while the staff is nice, it's nothing like this one.

• Stayed March 2010
SoCal
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Great location, close to downtown LA. Tons of places to eat and right next to USC campus. Fast check in with friendly and efficient front desk person.Had a quiet night's rest. The only bad thing - they ran out of bagels at the continental breakfast and I had to settle for a donut.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2009

I'm on vacation with my girlfrind. Ignorant guests come and are booked to the right and left of us. Seems like mr employee at the front books all look alike bad gusts in one crner and Anglo white I. The quiet closes to office and nice rooms. We are stuck between some cadillacs and impala with loud bumping music. I called employee to call them to do something about th noise and said he would and waited for him to no avail. Employee cares more about resting his eyes. Ridculous I called at 11:00 sharp and it's 1:30 am and I'm writing a review just shows how obnoxious these ppl are. I think this employee pinpinted as ppl who would be obnoxious but we were just here to takae vaction. I know how hotels work based o. Someone appearance they give you q certain room and rate occasionally. I k ow this for fact brother use to work for 25 hrs at different hotels big n small. You know I'm really wait g for th manager to reply because I am disaapoited. 190 for 2 nites to have some obnoxious loud music on Saturday ridiculous. Will not recommend it to anyone for now. I hope to get a phone number I can rach th manage directly seriuolsy
So one last thing I forgot to mention so I went to the front on Friday to the desk n ask for a do not interrupt. N couldn't find one but the grossest thing o saw was a rat outside the door running literally by fron desk. Why did I stay here?stay tired of driving n girlfrind wanted to sleep. It's 2:00 am n still partin will not comback till I hear a response from manager n will not recomend ruined the nite. Will make a post on LA county consumer affairs also. For the r ord employee did not want to give us another rooom n did not do anything about loud guests pathetic sevice

• Stayed December 2009
Brisbane Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2009

My wife and I travel a lot, This trip to the USA from Australia, In LA we stayed here, We could not fault our stay, none of the bad thing people wrote we witnessed, It is clean, very safe, and according to the Police, its the safest part of LA!, close to lots of things, the Fashion district is not far, it has a huge market, great value. buses at the door every 3mins cost 50 cents, this is a good place to stay, staff go out of their way to help.
Allowing for the culture differences, NO WORRIES!, when in LA next, we we be back, Greg from OZ.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AussieGreg4000
Sacramento
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The only reason why I stayed at this hotel was due to its proximity to USC. There is another hotel that's closer, but that one is double the price. The staff can only handle basic check-in and check-out job. Service is poor. I recently used their 10th night free promotion for the 1st night of my 4-night stay. When I checked-in, I told the front desk person specifically that I've reserved the other 3 nights with a different agency, so please make sure that the room he would assign me to is one that I can stay for all 4 nights without changing rooms. He said that it was done and I can stay in the same room for all 4 nights, but I would have to come back the next morning just to check-in again. So, I did that the next morning, only to be told by the morning front desk person that I have to switch rooms!!! She kept saying that this is not the other staff's fault (implying that it was mine) and her attitude was bad. At the end, she did let me stay in the same room, but it was as if she had done me a big favor. If the night front desk staff had done his job to check me in properly, there would have been no issues. Very bad customer service.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

los altos
Reviewed September 28, 2009

This is a basic motel. It's old but has had some updated furniture and rugs over the years. There is a pool that is fine. The rooms are quite large with a separate area for the tub/shower and potty wtih a door and they a sink outside so two people can use the facilities at a time. The air conditioner is old and noisy but works fine. Free internet connections. The towels are thin and the soap is basic hotel. There is good parking and they don't charge for it which is unusual in LA. They have a basic free breakfast but I would skip it. There is a Denny's type diner next door which will give you a 10% discount if you show them your room key. It's food quality is on a par for Denny's It's fine for breakfast but I would skip it otherwise.

Location is the reason you stay here. It's about a 10 min walk to the USC campus and maybe 25 min to the Coliseum for football games. So you don't have to worry about finding a place to park and all the hassle that goes with it.

The rooms out by the Figueroa do have some road noise. The rooms in the back are usually quieter unless some of the students in the apartment house behind the motel are having a party after a game, like they were last week.

I give it 3 stars due to its location. Otherwise, it's a 2 or 1.5.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family