“Vagabond USC - Always clean - Always helpful”

Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC
Ranked #134 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Vagabond USC - Always clean - Always helpful”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

As a USC parent I have stayed here several times over the past two years. The rooms are always clean and the staff is very courteous and helpful. Also like the free parking. Vagabond is very convenient to restaurants and downtown area. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Margaret Y
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Margaret Y,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are happy to hear every time you have stayed with us you have had a pleasent stay. Thank you for being a loyal Guest. We look forward to seeing you around as the new semester approaches.

Sincerely, Joana-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Perfect for USC parents. Close by and everything you need even a small but clean and nice pool. Close to everything. Jessica at the deal was very helpful - watched my orchid on a hot day after check out until I was ready to leave town. I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Darceomatic
Dear Darceomatic,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to give us a nice review.

We are glad you had a good experience with us. We hope to see you around soon.

Sincerely, Joana- GM
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have to say Nazneen at the front desk was very helpful to me. Showed a lot of care and attention to my mother and I who stayed for quite some time at Vagabond.

Very close to USC, good working staff and maid service. Good spot near downtown too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Thileeb S
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Thileeb,

Thank you for your nice review and taking the time to write it.
We are glad your mom and you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hopefully next time you are in the area you stay with us again. Sincerely, Joana-GM
Colton, California
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is a very clean and lovely place to stay. My sister and I looked at this place years ago after the Revlon walk. We were greeted by the housekeeper Maria who was very happy to show us a room. Very clean and nice. We now stay there once a year, have come to know Maria, who greets us warmly every year like family. She shared with us the history of this hotel, which is very nice, when you go there you should ask her. Nasdeen the office staff trys to help us as much as possible since we like to get the same room each year and that can be a problem. That would be the only improvement i can suggest is that when a room is requested ( for a repeat guest) it should be honored.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lizabeth D
Dear Lizabeth,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback with many other travellers. Your feed back is important to us as it used for quality and training purposes. We like hearing what our Guest's think of our property and services.

We are glad you had a satisfactory stay. Also we did see your suggestion and we normally do try to accomodate all of our Guest's but it's hard specially when we have multiple Guest's requesting same Room numbers. We do apologize if not getting the Room you requested was an inconvinience for you. Maria and Nazneen said thank you for highlighting them in your review. Hopefully we see you next year.

Sincerely Joana-GM
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Booked this at very short notice as we had booked something else in LA which was not in a good area. The rooms were very clean and large but the air con was very noisy. The reception staff are extremely helpful and will do what they can for you. The Uni accommodation is very near and it was the end of semester when we went so it was noisy with young people enjoying themselves all over. However, it did all end around 11pm which was very acceptable. Pool area nice and clean. Breakfast was donuts or croissants so a bit disappointing but there are plenty of places to eat around. Enjoyed our stay and would recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ElaineH411,

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your experience with many other travellers.
We are happy to know you had a pleasent stay and everything worked out for you.

I do offer you an apology for any inconvinience the experience with the students may have caused you. Normally things like this don't happen.

Hopefully next time to come to L.A. you stay with us and your experience is unforgettable.

Sincerely, Joana-GM
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was afraid to book this hotel and was I wrong. The room was very clean the bathroom was spotless and the linen was fresh. I must say that some of the other reviews are wrong at times. You must always remember what you pay for is what you get. You want 5 star then go book 5 star. You want 4 star and 24 hour this and that then guess what go book the 4 star hotel!! The rooms are a bit on the older side and do need to be upgraded, but for the 3 nights I was there, they had what I needed. Continental Breakfast free.... Wireless internet free...Clean linen, clean bathroom all of which I want in a place to sleep. The staff..... OUTSTANDING!!!! A special thank you to Nazneen, Maria, Jazmin and Gustavo for all that they did while I was a guest at this establishment.... from asking so many questions about the area and what to do in my offf time..... from asking about T-shirt shops and to which burger place was the best in the area. There were so many different choices and Maria was right there on the spot telling me where to go!!!! I was there for a book signing with a great friend that was invited to be at the LA Times festival of books... wow was it easy to get to.... CVS is within a block for anything I needed. Once this Inn gets renovated and they are trying to get it done... it will be the best little Inn on the S. Figueroa Corridor!!! Once again I THANK the outstanding Staff and I do need to get back there again even if it's for some R & R.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JiminFlorida33460
Dear JimminFlorida33,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for yor recent stay.
Your feedback is important to us and to many other travelllers as this information helps them detirmine wether to stay with us or go else where. We are currently work in progress into updating/changing certain things in our Rooms.. We are glad our staff was helpful and friendly and they helped you get through out your stay. We hope you do come back soon again. Havea great day!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 28, 2013

In April this year, my daughter and I, we were attending the LA Times Book Festival at LAUSC. Vagabond Inn Hotel was the closest to the event. As a beginner author, I selected the hotel for its proximity as well as for the affordability of its rates. Since this is a budget hotel, I did not know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised to find the room in impeccable condition, beginning from the beautiful white sheets, comfortable beds, office staff, and maid service, all to be highly recommended.
Thank you all: Maria, Joanna, Sam, Nazneen...et all, I wish I knew all of your names - a five-star staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank helene r
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Helene,

Thank you for your recent stay and for writiing this nice review of our property.

It was a pleasure meeting you and your daughter. We are very happy and proud to have welcomed most of the authors in our property.

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to surprise you. Hopefully in the future you come back to LA and you stay with us again.

Sincerely, Joana-General Manager ad Staff.

P.S. Thank you for the book dedication!