“Great, friendly place to stay by USC.”

Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC
Ranked #143 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Very nice, clean place to stay within a couple of blocks, short walk to the USC campus. The staff was very accommodating helping with everything from getting our room ready for us fairly early, changing the room when there was some confusion with the original reservation, holding our bags after check out until we came back later to leave, and getting a taxi for our trip back to the airport. The manager Joana and her assistants Samantha and another whose name escapes me, all did a great job, in fact all the staff was friendly and helpful. Some breakfast items in the morning along with juice, tea and coffee, were a god start. And alot of places to eat for lunch, or low cost dinner within a short walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike R
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Mike R,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is important to us as we use it to improve the quality of our products and services offered to our Guest's.

I am happy to hear you had a good stay and we met your expectations. I have informed the staff of review and your satisfaction as this encourages them/us to continue working harder and improving each and every day. On behalf of Samantha and myself thank you for recognizing our hard work. Hopefully you return soon and stay with us again.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Hi. The Staff, Specially Joanna the Manager and Maria from Housekeeping were way above and beyond going the extra step to make our whole experience a pleasant one. I highly recommend Vagabond Inn. There is a great Thai restaurant on property and you are very close to Downtown LA and an easy hop onto the 10 Freeway to Santa Monica. Overall great service and facilities. Thank you for making our stay a great one.

Room Tip: You could ask for a poolside room .....
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alasdair B

Dear Alasdair,

Thank you so much for your visit to our property and for taking the time to review it. Your feedback is important to us as it is used for us to improve on the quality of our services and product. It was our pleasure assisting you and your group. For me personally it was a great experience and I had so much fun. I hope in the future if you need a place again think of Vagabond LA-USC.

Best Regards,

Joana-GM

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked a room in this hotel before coming from India, so I went through reviews as a reference. I find some reviews either over-the-head and childistics or too harsh. The hotel is descent first of all which means cosy and comfortable. It is located on one of the well organized places with good transportation (still, by considering the useless transportation in los angeles) and lots of speciallized places to eat (from macD, KFC, thai, japnenese, maxican, spanish, itallian, subway etc...) and moderate supermarkets (CVC). Breakfast was included, room was clean and tidy always, atmosphere is calm and clean as well. Area is safe, most important thing in LA. Reception was good or ok (you are going to get married with these people, so what you expect from them by saying reception was not kind or warm?). I had work in USC, which is just on 5-10 min walking distance. So for me it was sort of ideal hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Vivek-Vishwanath,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear you ad a good stay. Hopefully next time you come back to the USA you think of us for your travel needs.

Joana-GM

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am not a fussy person. The Vagabond Inn was surprisingly quiet (at least our room was, with the fan running for white noise), the beds were comfortable, and the location was ideal for a visit to USC (the campus is <5 min. walk straight up Figueroa).

On the down side, although the room was totally clean, the best that can be said about the interior of the room is “tired.” I’m pretty sure some of it is older than I am, which at 48 is saying something. Peeling 1950s wallpaper in the bathroom, torn carpeting, etc.

This is not a Hampton Inn, to be sure, but it’s clean, comfortable, and a fraction of the price of the Radisson down the street.

Room Tip: If quiet is a concern, ask for a room on the second floor away from the street.
Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying in our property and taking the time to review it. We use your feedback for quality and training purposes to better ourselves with the product we offer to our Guest. We are currently working on making future changes to our Rooms. We are on the work of changing all bedspreads to duvets and better quality pillows. This property will be work in progress within the next few months. Hopefully next time you stay with us most of the Rooms will be upgraded. Look forward to an improved better quality Vagabond Inn LA-USC property soon!

Sincerely Joana-GM

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend and overall, I had a pleasant experience. They have all the amenities you could really ask for for the price: free continental breakfast, free parking, free wifi, cable tv, fridge, microwave, even a coffee maker in the room. The rooms were clean and the staff was very helpful and welcoming. I want to especially thank the morning front desk receptionist, Samantha, who was very friendly and seemed to really care whether I was having a nice stay. Made me feel very welcomed. The breakfast is nothing fancy, and certainly not healthy (bagels and donuts) but hey, it is free. It was a pretty quiet weekend and with the nice palm trees and pool in combination with the excellent service, I had a wonderful stay. Thank you Vagabond at USC!

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back, away from the street if you are a light sleeper. This is L.A. ya know!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Ulie R,

Thank you for your recent stay in our LA-USC and for taking the time to review our property.

Your feed back is important as it is used for quality and training purposes. I am happy to hear you had an excellent stay and that we met your expectations. I will let Sam know you were happy and satisfied with her services. This is very important to our staff as it encourages them to keep on doing a great job. We hope to see you around soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We came to LA for a family vacation during Christmas Holidays. I read very nice reviews about this hotel, so we booked 2 rooms (Dec. 27-30, 2012). We had very negative experience. We reported our comments to the front desk, and asked for a corrective action by the Hotel Manager, but unfortunately we did not receive any feedback, and no action was taken.
Here are few of the issues we faced:
- The bathroom tub is full of ants (yes, ants). I had to clean it every time I took a shower
- The sink tab is extremely noisy (sounds like a train). Once you open it, all rooms around you wopuld hear it. This applies to all rooms.
- The aircondition is very old and very noisy. We could not keep it on for long, as it was causing a headache.
- The room door was leaking air (night were cool, and the cool wind was coming under the door)
- What the hotel calls breakfast is only bagels and donuts, plus coffee, presented in the little kiosk where the front desk is. The hotel or rented out the restaurant they used to have, but they still claim that they offer breakfast! I'm on a diet, and could not eat bagles or donuts (ended up with morning coffee, and had to take the family for a healthy breakfast outside!)
To sum it up, this was my first time ever in Vagabond hotel, and it is certianly my last !!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank K-Mattar
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear EgyptFamily,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the inconviniences you encountered during your stay. I tried to et a hold of you by clling your Room no one ever picked up. I did speak to the Front Desk Staff and I was informed you were offered a different Room and was offer was declined. We have inspected Room we are in the process of repairing the gap between the door. The air conditioner is actually less then a year old it has been inspected and given proper maintenance to avoid future complaints. Our breakfast is a continental breakfast we do offer bagels/cream cheese and pastries, coffee, apple and orange juice, hot tea, water hot/cold, and fruits. We are now offering oatmeal.We are looking to improve our breakfast if you have any ideas of items you believe would be good to add to our breakfast feel free to contact us. In regards to the ants we have a program we use to keep our Rooms bugs free. It is strange that ants were actually in the bathtub problem has been taken care of. Once again apologize for not meeting your expectations. I would like to invite you on giving us a second chance to make it right for you and your family. If you want to speak to me feel free to contact me at the Hotel.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I'm staying this hotel with my family about a week. Nothing much did'nt liked so far. This place is really calm, and quiete here. I would recommend that who are visiting with family here.

Also here got lot of restraunts around hotel , example: Japenese food, chinese food, mc donalds, subway etc. You dont need to find any food from far. Just walk about 1-2min.

Here got one reception who's name is Nazneen. She have really good characters and very helpfull woman. Thanks for nice service here Nazneen!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bulgan555
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear Bulgan555,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our property. As you should know all of the review we receive from our Guest's we use them to better improve the quality of our services. I appreciateyou recognize the hard work the Front Desk Staff does. On behalf on Vagabond Inn LA-USC Staff we want to Thank you!