“I want to”

Ranked #132 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Ohio
“I want to”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend and overall, I had a pleasant experience. They have all the amenities you could really ask for for the price: free continental breakfast, free parking, free wifi, cable tv, fridge, microwave, even a coffee maker in the room. The rooms were clean and the staff was very helpful and welcoming. I want to especially thank the morning front desk receptionist, Samantha, who was very friendly and seemed to really care whether I was having a nice stay. Made me feel very welcomed. The breakfast is nothing fancy, and certainly not healthy (bagels and donuts) but hey, it is free. It was a pretty quiet weekend and with the nice palm trees and pool in combination with the excellent service, I had a wonderful stay. Thank you Vagabond at USC!

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back, away from the street if you are a light sleeper. This is L.A. ya know!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Ulie R,

Thank you for your recent stay in our LA-USC and for taking the time to review our property.

Your feed back is important as it is used for quality and training purposes. I am happy to hear you had an excellent stay and that we met your expectations. I will let Sam know you were happy and satisfied with her services. This is very important to our staff as it encourages them to keep on doing a great job. We hope to see you around soon.

Sincerely, Joana-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We came to LA for a family vacation during Christmas Holidays. I read very nice reviews about this hotel, so we booked 2 rooms (Dec. 27-30, 2012). We had very negative experience. We reported our comments to the front desk, and asked for a corrective action by the Hotel Manager, but unfortunately we did not receive any feedback, and no action was taken.
Here are few of the issues we faced:
- The bathroom tub is full of ants (yes, ants). I had to clean it every time I took a shower
- The sink tab is extremely noisy (sounds like a train). Once you open it, all rooms around you wopuld hear it. This applies to all rooms.
- The aircondition is very old and very noisy. We could not keep it on for long, as it was causing a headache.
- The room door was leaking air (night were cool, and the cool wind was coming under the door)
- What the hotel calls breakfast is only bagels and donuts, plus coffee, presented in the little kiosk where the front desk is. The hotel or rented out the restaurant they used to have, but they still claim that they offer breakfast! I'm on a diet, and could not eat bagles or donuts (ended up with morning coffee, and had to take the family for a healthy breakfast outside!)
To sum it up, this was my first time ever in Vagabond hotel, and it is certianly my last !!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank K-Mattar
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear EgyptFamily,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the inconviniences you encountered during your stay. I tried to et a hold of you by clling your Room no one ever picked up. I did speak to the Front Desk Staff and I was informed you were offered a different Room and was offer was declined. We have inspected Room we are in the process of repairing the gap between the door. The air conditioner is actually less then a year old it has been inspected and given proper maintenance to avoid future complaints. Our breakfast is a continental breakfast we do offer bagels/cream cheese and pastries, coffee, apple and orange juice, hot tea, water hot/cold, and fruits. We are now offering oatmeal.We are looking to improve our breakfast if you have any ideas of items you believe would be good to add to our breakfast feel free to contact us. In regards to the ants we have a program we use to keep our Rooms bugs free. It is strange that ants were actually in the bathtub problem has been taken care of. Once again apologize for not meeting your expectations. I would like to invite you on giving us a second chance to make it right for you and your family. If you want to speak to me feel free to contact me at the Hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I'm staying this hotel with my family about a week. Nothing much did'nt liked so far. This place is really calm, and quiete here. I would recommend that who are visiting with family here.

Also here got lot of restraunts around hotel , example: Japenese food, chinese food, mc donalds, subway etc. You dont need to find any food from far. Just walk about 1-2min.

Here got one reception who's name is Nazneen. She have really good characters and very helpfull woman. Thanks for nice service here Nazneen!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bulgan555
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Bulgan555,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our property. As you should know all of the review we receive from our Guest's we use them to better improve the quality of our services. I appreciateyou recognize the hard work the Front Desk Staff does. On behalf on Vagabond Inn LA-USC Staff we want to Thank you!

Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We attended the Notre Dame - USC game in November 2012. The hotel was perfect for game weekend. Stadium and campus only ten minute walk away. Plenty of cheap food places around for cheap food and beer. Hotel was nothing flash but it was perfect for the weekend if you wanted to only spend time at USC. Great if you are out of towner (we from Australia) as you dont need car or cabs if time spent on campus. If you wanted to do anything else like go to LA Live or going for an extended stay maybe look elsewhere but for 2 day game weekend, ideal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Tim K,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our property.

I am happy to hear you had a great stay and that we exceeded your expectations.
We are very close to many attractions. We are minutes away from the Convention Center, Staples Center(Lakers Home) LALIVE to mention a few. We are also 15 min from the Rose Bowl that's where the first game of the year takes place. That will be where Notre Dame will be playing in January of next year. Hope to see you soon or next Football season.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had a great experience with my recent stay. The staff were nice and frienly. Housekeeping staff were nice and helpful too. I liked the Room I stayed in. It was very clean and it smelled clean. The bed was very comfortable. I loved how it looks since they changed from those old filthy bedspreads. Overall I had a great stay thanks to 2 ladies Joanna-manager and Jessica-front desk. I was checked by them two they gave me all this info I had not gotten on my previous stay in nov last year. Thank you girls and I will definately will be coming to this place again.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank princessErica
Dear PrincessErica,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our property.

I am happy to know was of your assitance. I tend to show up unexpectedly here and there during check in to meet and greet our Guest's. All of our staff are very friendly and hard working. All the information we shared with you during check in is part of it. I am happy you are highlighting Jessica as to our Front Desk and myself is important our Guest's let us know how we are doing or if we need to improve. We appreciate you noticed we are in the process of updating our Rooms.This encourages us to work even harder and give you and every Guest's the best of us.Hope to see you around soon!

Regards, Joana-GM
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I felt welcome and loved like if I was family by the counter worker nazneen and the rest of the staff. Make sure nazneen is the one who helps you because she is very nice respectful and organized with her work. I been here before and I have always received excellent service from her. I'll be sure to come here everytime I'm in town. I would recommend this hotel to everybody also it's very quiet and calm. The rooms are nice too

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Ray Chambers,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review not only our property but also our staff.

I am so glad you received such great service from Nazneen. She has been with us for a while and it's a pleasure watching how much she enjoys helping our Guest's. It is also a pleasure knowing that our Guest's are recognizing our staff's hard work. Once again thank you. Hope to see you around.

West Covina, California
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had a very nice stay at this hotel, the staff was very friendly and especially Maria! She made our hotel stay extra special, when we needed extra towels and help with places to go nearby. She was very helpful & friendly. The hotel was clean and had a nice plasma tv. Our overall stay was great and the hotel staff was helpful & friendly. I would recommend this hotel and make sure you say "hello" to Maria :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Ivette C,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review our property. Your opinion matters and it is important to us as it enables us to improve the quality or our product and services.

I am glad you had a great experience and that you are sharing this with milions of other Guest's. Maria is happy you are recognizing her hard work this is what she said. "It is my pleasure to assist our Guest's. To me my biggest compensation is our Guest's satisfaction of our. That is my reward".

Once again thank you for taking recognition of our staff. This motivates them into always giving the best of themselves to all of our Guest's.

We hope to have you around soon. Problably next time you stay with we get the opportunity to thank you in person.

Sincerely, Joana-GM and Vagabond Inn LA-USC Staff!