“Perfect for USC Football Game Weekends”

Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC
Ranked #128 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
“Perfect for USC Football Game Weekends”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We attended the Notre Dame - USC game in November 2012. The hotel was perfect for game weekend. Stadium and campus only ten minute walk away. Plenty of cheap food places around for cheap food and beer. Hotel was nothing flash but it was perfect for the weekend if you wanted to only spend time at USC. Great if you are out of towner (we from Australia) as you dont need car or cabs if time spent on campus. If you wanted to do anything else like go to LA Live or going for an extended stay maybe look elsewhere but for 2 day game weekend, ideal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Tim K,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our property.

I am happy to hear you had a great stay and that we exceeded your expectations.
We are very close to many attractions. We are minutes away from the Convention Center, Staples Center(Lakers Home) LALIVE to mention a few. We are also 15 min from the Rose Bowl that's where the first game of the year takes place. That will be where Notre Dame will be playing in January of next year. Hope to see you soon or next Football season.

Sincerely, Joana-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had a great experience with my recent stay. The staff were nice and frienly. Housekeeping staff were nice and helpful too. I liked the Room I stayed in. It was very clean and it smelled clean. The bed was very comfortable. I loved how it looks since they changed from those old filthy bedspreads. Overall I had a great stay thanks to 2 ladies Joanna-manager and Jessica-front desk. I was checked by them two they gave me all this info I had not gotten on my previous stay in nov last year. Thank you girls and I will definately will be coming to this place again.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank princessErica
Dear PrincessErica,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our property.

I am happy to know was of your assitance. I tend to show up unexpectedly here and there during check in to meet and greet our Guest's. All of our staff are very friendly and hard working. All the information we shared with you during check in is part of it. I am happy you are highlighting Jessica as to our Front Desk and myself is important our Guest's let us know how we are doing or if we need to improve. We appreciate you noticed we are in the process of updating our Rooms.This encourages us to work even harder and give you and every Guest's the best of us.Hope to see you around soon!

Regards, Joana-GM
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I felt welcome and loved like if I was family by the counter worker nazneen and the rest of the staff. Make sure nazneen is the one who helps you because she is very nice respectful and organized with her work. I been here before and I have always received excellent service from her. I'll be sure to come here everytime I'm in town. I would recommend this hotel to everybody also it's very quiet and calm. The rooms are nice too

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Ray Chambers,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review not only our property but also our staff.

I am so glad you received such great service from Nazneen. She has been with us for a while and it's a pleasure watching how much she enjoys helping our Guest's. It is also a pleasure knowing that our Guest's are recognizing our staff's hard work. Once again thank you. Hope to see you around.

Sincerely, Joana-GM
West Covina, California
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had a very nice stay at this hotel, the staff was very friendly and especially Maria! She made our hotel stay extra special, when we needed extra towels and help with places to go nearby. She was very helpful & friendly. The hotel was clean and had a nice plasma tv. Our overall stay was great and the hotel staff was helpful & friendly. I would recommend this hotel and make sure you say "hello" to Maria :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Ivette C,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review our property. Your opinion matters and it is important to us as it enables us to improve the quality or our product and services.

I am glad you had a great experience and that you are sharing this with milions of other Guest's. Maria is happy you are recognizing her hard work this is what she said. "It is my pleasure to assist our Guest's. To me my biggest compensation is our Guest's satisfaction of our. That is my reward".

Once again thank you for taking recognition of our staff. This motivates them into always giving the best of themselves to all of our Guest's.

We hope to have you around soon. Problably next time you stay with we get the opportunity to thank you in person.

Sincerely, Joana-GM and Vagabond Inn LA-USC Staff!
Chino, California
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Nice small hotel walking distance to USC just about one or two short blocks. Close to a variety of restaurants. Friendly staff. Free parking. Free complimentery breakfast (coffee, orange juice, bagel, cream cheese, pastries, and doughnuts. CVS pharmacy is right next door.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear maycob,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for your recent stay.

As you highlighted we are within walking disctance to USC and there are many restaurants near by. I would also like to share with you we are about 1 mile from the LA Convenion Center, LA Live, Staples Center, Nokia Theatre, LA Sports Arena, Exposition Science Museum and many other places.

I hope next time you,friends, or family need a place to stay you think of us.

Regards, Joana-GM
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stay at the vagabond when I visit my offspring at USC. It is within walking distance. The hotel is not luxurious but on the other hand it is reasonably priced, clean and pleasant. The staff is extremely helpful. I was very touched at how the receptionist, a young lady called Nazneen, went out of her way to make sure I was taken care of last time I was there. I heartily recommend this hotel for people who have kids at USC and who want a down to earth good place to stay.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Diane M,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Vagabond and Guest's. Your opinion is important to us and greatly appreciated.

I am happy to hear you had a good experience at our property.We always work hard to make our Guest's welcome and meet their expectations. Our staff indeed are helpful and very friendly. In fact we will be using your review as an example (Nazneen) at our next Staff meeting for training purposes. We use all of this feedback to improve the quality of services.
Hope to see you soon!

Regards, Joana R-GM
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is a classic old school LA motel parked right in the middle of downtown LA. It's an oasis in the city- it's quiet, there's a cute swimming pool and beautiful palm trees. It's a great place with a wonderful staff. Samantha and Nazneen were so friendly and accommodating. Thank you both!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Simone L
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Simone,

Thank you for your recent stay at our property in LA. I am happy to hear you had a good experience and that the Front Desk staff were friendly and assisted with promtley. Our goal is to give our Guest the best experience through out there stay. Thank you for recognizing their hard work and taking part of your time to review us. Nazneen and Samatha would also like to thank you.Hope you come to visit us soon again.

Joana-GM