3,652 results
All reviews pershing square gallery bar rendezvous court grand old hotel beautiful hotel downtown la classic hotel public areas are club floor hollywood history steam room the financial district homeless people valet parking is corner room valet service metro station
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2019

I made a phone call to the Concierge Service once we booked our stay here. I was fortunate that Geovanni Aguilar picked up the phone. He gave me his email address and began sending me regular updates on what to do in the area!

The day finally arrived when we checked into our rooms. 2 of our 5 room keys didn’t work so we had to go back in the long line check-in line to change them. Not the best way to start our stay but I decided to use that time to visit with the concierge. Geovanni was working so it was great to meet him. He helped me finalize my plans and got us discount tickets to some of the attractions we had been considering. He also gave me a map and ex-ed out the area he called “skid row” and told us to avoid. I really appreciated that. Later in our stay a sick kid meant changes to our plans. Geovanni told me to reach out to him the next day to help me with any changes even though it was his day off! THAT was great customer service. For the record, I did not bother him on his day off, but I had a whole new level of respect and gratitude for him and this hotel!

Rooms were spacious. Windows were old wood encased in room 430 so outside noises were easily heard and it got quite loud. Get an inside room if this is a problem. (I used to live in an old home in a conservation district so I understand how hard these windows are to service/replace!) However, this room had more space than our kid’s inside room in 431. GREAT shower pressure. First time to have this while in the state. (This was my 5th place to stay.) The shower drained nicely and the curtain didn't cling to my legs. The toilet sometimes sang like an opera singer but that’s the nature of beautiful old gems like this hotel. I loved the second mirror against the bathroom wall so that I could still apply make-up while my hubby used the mirror above the sink to shave. It looks like they added a second shelf to use for toiletries which I appreciated. Only basic supplies were provided in the room including soap, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion.

The lobby was so ornate and gorgeous and we loved sitting in the beautiful Gallery Bar. There were tables to sit at, couches to sit on or bars to lean on against the wall. This long bar had several different gathering options.

The immediate downtown area was totally safe to walk around. We walked to several sites close by into the evening and felt comfortable.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here!

1  Thank LoveToTravelTerrie
UlicesH2, Manager at Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Dear LoveToTravelTerrie,

Thank you for your review. We are thankful for your visit and nice mention of our teammate Geovanni. Your review will be shared with him and you are very kind to of made the time to write. We're glad that you enjoy your time in Los Angeles and amenities provided to Hotel guest. If your travels bring you back, besides knowing Geovanni, please feel free to contact me as you have me here at your service. We wish you nothing but the best and until next time!

Reviewed April 6, 2019

This hotel is a visual marvel. I felt like I was stepping into an Italian museum with painted frescos and gilding. It felt truly luxurious. I had an issue with my room and the staff moved quickly to move me and make the issue right. I ordered room service and enjoyed the spaghetti and meatballs meal. The location is fantastic so I hope to stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2018
UlicesH2, Manager at Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2019

Dear Ashlero,

Thank you for your review.

Sorry for the initial issue with the room, but great to see staff moved quickly so the instance didn't impact your time with us. We're happy to know you enjoyed your time with us and are nothing but grateful for you granting us the opportunity to serve. If back in the area and feel we can be of service, feel free to contact me directly without hesitation. We wish you a great rest of your day and until next time!

Reviewed April 4, 2019

It was horrible, the carpets looked really dirty and old, the place had no light at all, humid environment, the sheets were really rough (didn't seem cotton). The bathroom was a tiny thing and the toiletries were minimal. Everything seem really dirty and old without maintenance (not classic vintage).

Room tip: at least ask for a street view
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Angyee12,

We're very sorry for the experience. I want to better understand your experience, but unfortunately I'm unable to retrieve any information from your review. We believe in delivering on guest expectations and recovering on visits that fall short of the expectation. If we didn't provide what you were expecting, please allow me the opportunity to regain your trust. I can be reached at Ulices.Hernandez@millenniumhotels.com. I am here at your convenience and look forward to hopefully speaking soon. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve and have a great rest of your day.

Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

This property located in downtown Los Angeles has everything you could ask for for a hotel stay! As you walk into the lobby you are taken back in time to a place where everything is ornate, intricate and the attention to detail is evident everywhere you look! The staff on every level is five star...from our first introduction to April, at the front desk during our late night check in, to the personal attention from the General Manager Jimmy Wu and everything in between was nothing less than exceptional! Chef Daniel will accommodate all of your dining needs, a culinary delight. The entire team made sure our visit was perfect.

Our Father, A World War II veteran was so honored to receive the accolades he did from the entire team and we couldn't be more grateful!

The entire hotel is seeped in Hollywood history, explore it all while enjoying the finest amenities!

Dear Amylynn616,

Thank you for making the time to write a review and share so many compliments. We are thankful for mentions of our services, but more thankful of the impact that our staff made on your stay. With your father giving so much, we were grateful to have honored and host him during the time in Los Angeles. We wish you nothing but the very best and until next time.

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

A beautiful hotel downtown but with the current noisy street construction (jack hammers, etc.), not so peaceful depending where your room is. Be sure to ask when you book or check in because their website is not very forthcoming about this. I know it's not the hotels fault about the city digging up the street, but they should be more forthcoming. Lots of nearby hotels that are not overlooking the torn up street.

Trip type: Traveled with family
UlicesH2, Manager at Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2019

Dear 40winx,

Thank you for the review and granting the opportunity to serve.

I apologize for the noise experience. You are indeed correct about outside circumstances not being within our control but the quality of your stay is something of our control. Although we can't change the past, may I suggest bringing any mishap or dissatisfaction upon notice to staff attention. Our purpose is to extend comfort, quiet, and satisfaction. Downtown Los Angeles is a busy, exciting city, but our Hotel has many options available that provide satisfaction to every type of visitor.

There's a possibility that you might have a certain identity or expectation of what we provide, but if you visit Los Angeles again and feel like giving us a second opportunity please contact me at Ulices.Hernandez@millenniumhotels.com. Your trust is very important and it's our responsibility to correct any situation were we didn't provide the best possible experience.

I want to wish you a great rest of your day and prosperous year ahead!