I often stay at the Biltmore when in Los Angeles. It is one of the few, truly grand hotels remaining in the country and for that reason alone is worth a visit. Unfortunately recent decisions at the Millennium corporate level (so I am lead to believe by the front desk) are undermining this hotel's ability to be great, all in the name of cost-cutting and maximizing profit. Perhaps they have hired a fresh-faced MBA who knows how to manipulate numbers on a spreadsheet but nothing about running quality hotels, customer satisfaction or the intangible value of loyal, repeat patrons who will happily send more business to establishments who believe in doing what is right rather than what is cheap. These types of cuts serve to undermine the whole value proposition of why you are in business and soon you won't be in business any more.
- Room service is now limited to breakfast only. This is disappointing and inconvenient to travelers who arrive late and don't want the trouble of dressing to go out again for dinner
- The room condition has deteriorated markedly over my last few visits, most recently, the right half of my bed had more or less collapsed
- Sheets and furniture surfaces were dusty
- Staff, while polite, does not seem particularly engaged
The Biltmore is a treasure. I hope decision-makers at the corporate level take note and see that investment, not cost cutting is what is needed to increase profits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Millennium Biltmore Hotel has been a legendary Los Angeles landmark since 1923. With exquisite Spanish-Italian Renaissance architecture, including stunning hand-painted ceilings, it's rich history is most noted for its connection with the Oscars - the founding banquet for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was held in the Crystal Ballroom in 1927, where the original "Oscar" statuette was sketched on a Biltmore napkin, and eight Academy Awards banquets were held in the Biltmore Bowl during the '30s and '40s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Splitty, Travelocity, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Angeles Millennium Biltmore