“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #96 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sydney, Australia
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights on our trip to the U.S. Upon arrival, we were checked in straight away which was so nice of them because we were so tired from a 14 hours flight. We were given a room facing the courtyard with 2 double beds (which was so comfy). Yes, the bathroom was small but we managed. We love the unique décor, high ceilings and the old charm that comes with it. The hotel entrance was quite grand and although the hotel is old, it was kept clean. The heated pool looks nice although we never used it. The location was handy to the metro and we used it a bit to get around to Hollywood and Universal. There was a Starbucks, pharmacy and Macys nearby. We were happy with our stay and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Enfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Loved our stay here only downside freezing cold AC throughout hotel in April. Eg: In dining room it was so cold, hot breakfast was cold before we could eat it and hotel needs to take note,that maybe guests would stay inside and use the facilities if weren't driven out for some warmth !

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda C
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I was in downtown for a wedding and got an amazing rate on Expedia. The fare amazingly included all taxes and fees for the hotel but the hotel was "masked". I only knew the hotel after putting in my credit card info- a tip: this is the only 4 star hotel in downtown with an indoor pool

I liked that the hotel was right next to the Watergrill restaurant and within walking distance to Bottega Louie. I also liked that the hotel is historic so the decor was beautiful. We felt like we were in Europe.

The cons were the rooms. I'm sure there are updated rooms but we were in what we felt like one of the original rooms! Hallway, room, bathroom... All were very dated and old. It was only one night so it worked for us and did its job.

I've stayed at the Hilton Checkers right across the street and the room I stayed in had a similar feeling. The better thing about the Biltmore is rooms are huge- it was double the size of the Checkers standard room.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kendra W, Public Relations Manager at Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for your valuable comments and sharing with us your experience. Your business is extremely important to us and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We are steadfastly committed to providing guests with a superior experience and take most seriously your concerns about your guestroom accommodations. We want to reassure you that our hotel currently is undergoing an improvement project throughout the next 12-18 months to remedy the very issues you have raised.

We were delighted that you enjoyed the historic grandeur of the hotel, as well as its location. As for our guest rooms, we hope that on your next visit to downtown Los Angeles, we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in our product.
Coachella, California
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was skeptical after booking this hotel for a long weekend in LA after reading all of the reviews. Yes the rooms are a bit dated and yes this quirky property needs a facelift. I even think our room was a bit eery and haunted (long story) but that just added to the charm in the end. The lobby is massive and beautiful. The location downtown is perfect and easily accessible.

Check in was very easy when we arrived at 4pm on a busy Friday. The first room we were given had two beds which irked me. As it turns out I made a mistake when booking so it was my error. The staff did not fault me for my error as was very accommodating. As soon as I called down to the front desk they found me a new room right away. In the time it took me to get back down to the lobby the person I spoke with had already booked us in a king corner room with views of park.

The room was large although many of the contents were old and dusty. The bed was not like my stays at the W but nonetheless comfortable. The bathroom was large with an old iron tub. The water pressure was great although I had a hard time getting the temperature right (my spouse had no issue). They have smoking floors which is definitely old school.

I would give this property a rating of 3.5 if possible, but I upped it to 4 because of the staff. Everyone we encountered was very friendly and welcoming. The bar was a bit pricey but had great ambiance with friendly bartenders. The luggage porters are helpful and you should use them because even spinner luggage on that thick carpet is not a good time with so much distance to cover.

I would recommend that you park across the street at the Pershing Square Garage for one third of the price. It was very convenient and open 24 hours. If you don't mind a short walk there are some good restaurant options and bars in the downtown neighborhood which is making a comeback.

This hotel is not new or cheap. If you can get a good rate I would recommend staying here because although it is an aging beauty it is still good enough to provide a comfortable stay while experiencing a bit of history.

Room Tip: Get a corner room with views of Pershing Square
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014

If modern sanitised immaculate rooms is a priority do not stay here. If you want to walk into the lobby that great names after walked there before, take in the history, admire the surroundings yes of past grandeur but still of relevance then this hotel is a must. No our room windows weren't double glazed but original sash aren't. Very friendly service from reception and a helpful concierge. Great downtown location. Good start to what was a fantastic USA holiday.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I booked a room for 2 nights when I was to be in town on business.
After reading some reviews later I started to get concerned as people were saying rooms little run down & small. But am delighted to say it was a great experience from beginning to end
Firstly my flight was arriving @ 9am in morning and really hoped to get in room and freshen up before my 11am meeting. I called that morning and they said would do what they can.
When I got there at 10am they had a room ready for me. I was quickly processed and in my room within 10 minutes. I knew the hotel lobby was beautiful per all other reviews but wow!! I was blown away. My room was clean with everything I would need. Was the chair a little tattered yes but for me that was part of the ambiance. The room suited me just fine
If I had to say one thing may have been nice to have a small fridge.
I had buffet breakfast two mornings and thought great value, awesome food & the servers were brilliant. What service.... I come for business 3-4 times year and found this location perfect. From front desk people to bellmen to workers putting new safes in all the rooms all were friendly, helpful and respectful
I would not hesitate to stay here again..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business