I have stayed at this hotel Multiple times as it is the only preferred hotel for my company in downtown LA. You enter the hotel to the grand view of the lobby, but once you get out of the elevators on your room floor it turns ghetto pretty quick. Run down old maroon carpet, with pieces of maroon duct tape every 2 steps to cover the holes. This property certainly needs an uplift on places other than the lobby. Room furtniure is old as well with still black box TV's in a number of rooms as well.
The restaurant with the breakfast buffett is very nice and the asian place is average. Location is central for downtown LA which itself is not a special place to be in. Walk-able to most businesses and a short cab to LA Live area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Millennium Biltmore Hotel has been a legendary Los Angeles landmark since 1923. With exquisite Spanish-Italian Renaissance architecture, including stunning hand-painted ceilings, it's rich history is most noted for its connection with the Oscars - the founding banquet for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was held in the Crystal Ballroom in 1927, where the original "Oscar" statuette was sketched on a Biltmore napkin, and eight Academy Awards banquets were held in the Biltmore Bowl during the '30s and '40s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Millennium Biltmore