Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
3,329 results
All reviewspershing squaregallery baracademy awardsrendezvous courtgrand old hotelbeautiful hoteldowntown laclassic hotelpublic areas areclub floorsteam roomthe financial districtstandard roomhomeless peoplecorner roomvalet servicemetro station
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Serious safety concerns regarding hotel access! I understand not having doormen at every entrance, but there is no excuse for allowing patrons to be essentially stranded outside trying to find their way back in. We returned late from a half-marathon, and found ourselves locked out on the Pershing Square side of the hotel, directly opposite from the hotel's main entrance (which is apparantly the only way in during the late night). Having key access at the street entrances would be beneficial; there were quite a few very disgruntled guests outside at the same time as us, and I'm certain that there were many more that we don't even know about.

Given the general feel of the surrounding area, it was extremely uncomfortable to have to be outside any longer than necessary, particularly well after dark.

We stayed in room 879, and I'm unsure why the room toilet was public restroom style... Remote control for the TV did not work, and wifi access was sporadic. Could have used a few more accessible power plugs in the room.

I understand that there are ongoing renovations, if our room was pre-renovation, then overall we were okay with the room as a whole. If that was after renovations, then it needs some serious help. Lack of decor, carpet not tacked down at the walls, etc. Gorgeous hotel though, and we did enjoy our stay overall! :-)

Room Tip: The floor layout can seem rather labyrinthian, so definitely make sure you pay attention to where you're going.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Step in and enter into the glam of the 20s! This is a period hotel with all the modern amenities. The rooms have been renovated and quite clean. Some rooms have old TVs but they are getting through it.

Service was good but not to the level of a Ritz or Fairmont. It felt like everyone was working alone rather than as a team. It's a small observation which shouldn't deter you at all!

The bar is fantastic - a truly old world feel. Stay late and have one for the road and chat with the people at the bar. The live music is perfect for the high ceilings.

Downtown LA has really grown and this place is right in the middle of it all. The rates are also quite good compared to the other places in the area. If you haven't been I would say it's a place you must try at least once.

Room Tip: Get a room facing Pershing square or a higher floor on the back to avoid the noise of the street. Dominos pizza for cheap meals and parking across the street in the open lot.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I love this hotel. I used to live nearby it and this place has still not lost its charm. It could, however, update itself to newer technologies but also therein lies its charm. A must if you are in downtown LA and for those who are not used to downtown LA, stay somewhere in hollywood.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amreen B
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We arrived at the hotel well before the check in time, the lady at the desk was able to get us in a room. The lobby area etc was as the other comments say very pretty and gives you a good feeling about the rest of the place. However the room was strange, there was no proper light in the room we had 4 lamps dotted around which didn't get much light. The room was large, I was disappointed there was no tea making facility. The bathroom was tired, and in need of some tlc so was the room as much as we could see!!
The bar was pricey too. The location was ok, a lot of homeless people around, we didn't like that. The metro is right near by that allows you to get into Hollywood etc which is good.
If we returned to la I wouldn't return to this hotel.

Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 1 night in November 2012 and it was even better the second time. This time I had time to wander the building and look at all the history displayed on the walls, marvel at the grand entrance, mezzanine areas and just soak up the ambience of the hotel. I even had time to use the pool. it's a magnificient place with the original tile art deco architecture. the only downside I found was the change rooms, which are modern, clean and servicable but my stuff got stuck in a locker and it took time to get security down to open it (which they did promptly) but I was uncomfortable soaking wet waiting. Other than my little drama, the hotel itself was fantastic. The staff were helpful and pleasant and nothing was too much trouble. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo