“The Biltmore Still Has It”

Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles
Ranked #92 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Indianapolis, Indiana
“The Biltmore Still Has It”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Millennium Biltmore is a beautiful, grand, and elegant old hotel that still manages to inspire and impress in the 21st century. The lobby and other public spaces are beautifully appointed and wonderful places just to sit and people watch. The service is impeccable and professional. The standard rooms and bathrooms are smaller (as is the case with most older hotels), especially when compared to new hotel rooms. However, they are still very comfortable and nicely decorated. We love the downtown location because we take the train to LA and do not have a car. The hotel is located just one block from a subway station, and is within walking distance to great restaurants, museums, Disney Hall, City Hall, etc. We took the subway to Hollywood for a show, and walked to restaurants in downtown. Downtown is quickly gentrifying, but we like the mix of the new and the gritty that still exists. This was our third stay, and I look forward to staying at the Biltmore in the future.

Room Tip: Club rooms come with access to the wonderful Club Lounge, and its amenities. I highly recommend it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights on the 8th floor. Room was good size with one double bed, great aircon system. Bath was small & shaped like a coffin! Clean good quality towels & toiletries every day. Sterling at front desk was very helpful with map of area & Metro for us as well as list of places to eat. Female concierge was awful very rude, unhelpful & condescending. Valet parking outrageous but everywhere else nearby seemed the same. Swimming pool was very nice with sauna & steam room but jacuzzi was broken. Food & drink in bar was reasonably priced & staff friendly. Lots of places o get breakfast nearby - 2 sandwiches/bagel & juice or coffee fr less tha £10.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GlasgowSuzie
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Checked in at 11:30pm. The guys behind the counter didn't know anything about reward programs. I didn't have mine handy so he promised to look it up for me and credit my account later. Promises. I recall the same guy made the same promise last time and never delivered. Then the guys couldn't decide which airline they credited. Finally the said they partner with AA. (it's been almost a week and still no credit. )

But who really cares about reward points. Nice to have but no bi deal. Yeah service would be nice but at that hour I just wanted to get a good nights rest.

As I walked down the hall towards my room 2 people came out of a room and approached the elevator, passing me. He looked like a basketball player and i can't say what she looked like. She had 9 inch heels and a short skirt that came up almost to the waist. Interesting. Not a usual sight for such a landmark hotel.

Opened my door, put down my luggage and thought it odd there was already a key card on the bed. Even more odd, the bed spread was rumpled. And the pillows each had depressions from heads having lied on them. The sink had a dirty hand towel on the counter. I was really tired and had to think long and hard. Someone had obviously been in my room but maybe they didn't get under the sheets. Then I thought about the couple I passed in the hall. Maybe they had a buddy at the front desk that let them in for a quick one? Wasn't too keen about sleeping under those circumstances. As tired as I was I dragged all my stuff downstairs for another room. The guy at the registration apologized and gave me a pass for a free breakfast. Great. Since this was a business trip I am sure our shareholders would be pleased.

Th room was funky and furniture poorly arranged. But I was tired and just wanted to sleep

I have stayed many times here because of corporate discount (and policy). Location is good. Nice lobby, restaurants and bar. Long history. Lots of past. Unfortunately the long history and past shows in the rooms which have a worn, dated feeling. Parking is $40 plus tip. (careful about letting them handle your luggage. They broke mine before. )

But I was tired and just happy for a good nights sleep.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Lacheng

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Looks like the hotel from the Shining.

I just wanted to let you know that the hotel staff were extremely rude to a few customers while checking people in during my stay. They used profanity when frustrated with an issue and racist comments were made regarding a group of Asian travelers.
I also requested a double room and she said that she would check and then proceeded to give me my room cards and did not tell me that there were no doubles left in the hotel. I found this out when I got to the room.
I called down to see if there was a mix-up and was put on hold for 20 minutes. I hung up and went back downstairs where I waited in line again and the front desk were again rude and abrupt.

The room's washroom also got stuck several times indicating maintenance issues.

I was taken back that a 4 star hotel would even allow lobby staff to act as unprofessionally as I experienced. I am a frequent traveler and will not be coming back to the Biltmore due to the poor customer service that you have. I stayed at 3 other 4 star hotels in the LA area the week that I was travelling and the Biltmore was by far the least deserving of its rating.

Room Tip: Don't do it. If you must, ask for a room near the elevator, had to lug luggage to the very end o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank yummyinmytummy88
san francisco
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Love the history and the Gallery Bar, but overnight no no no. Last night, I had 1 washcloth, no soap, burned out lightbulbs, and no amenities in a room that looked like it hadn't been redone since the 1950's. Never again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 3rd floor wing that fronts on another building.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Colorado & New Zealand
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Los Angeles in the 20s to the 50s experienced a truly gilded age and the Biltmore was at the center of it. Built in the early 1920s, this grand old lady hosted alll the early Academy Award dinners and a host of other remarkable events. This history still lives in one of the great, classic American hotels. It almost an affront to have the historic "Biltmore" name far smaller on the entrance than the "Millennium" brand - and the property feels a little tired - but this in a way adds to its unique history and ambiance. It has a great location in downtown LA - which itself is making a come back and is far more vibrant and frankly safer than in the 80s and 90s and is well worth a visit for those wanting to see another whole side of Los Angeles.

Room Tip: One warning - if you want a quiet room ask for the courtyard or a room away from the lower levels on...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here the last couple of days in August. Club Level Room. They recommended a tour of Hollywood that was a disaster. My children were barred from going into the Club Level area. Why would I take my family to a hotel that does not allow children to go to get a snack? If you had the brains to say that on your website I never would have stayed. Rooms were clean but old and outdated. Maid left window open cause she couldn't close it. Neither could I. For business the location is awesome. For family stay away. The absolute best part and my reason for this review is that I sent my complaints directly to Millennium over two weeks ago and have yet to hear a response. Don't park a car here either. Lost a couple of chargers to the valet.

Room Tip: Find a better hotel. Come take pictures of the lobby. It's the best part of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family