Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$296
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$199
$271
$254
  • Restaurant
3,329 results
All reviewspershing squaregallery baracademy awardsrendezvous courtgrand old hotelbeautiful hoteldowntown laclassic hotelpublic areas areclub floorsteam roomthe financial districtstandard roomhomeless peoplecorner roomvalet servicemetro station
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. On arrival, we waited for quite some time to check in. The check-in process did not seem very efficient. However, we were very pleased with our room, which was large (by European standards) and clean, with nice old-fashioned decor. The bathroom was large, with a good shower. As we arrived late in the evening, we ordered room service - although expensive, the food was delicious.

The interior of the hotel is spectacular and we took many photos of the decor and historic items. I didn't use the gym but I did use the pool, which was great. The hotel is convenient for the metro and although the downtown area was not busy (it was Saturday and Sunday) it was a nice, quiet area to stay in. I thought this was a great place to stay on a first trip to LA as it really gives you a sense of the city's history.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The hotel is beautiful in the lobby/dinning room. However, once you get to the room levels, its felt like the glory from this hotel's past is over. In a way, its like a palace being turn into an apartment complex/lodging for the poor people in NYC. I was on the Club floor "the upgraded", even then I do feel it could use some renovation so the carpet, window, and walls doesnt look so worn out. Since I got the CLUB king - the better room, I was pretty pleased with the room, but I can see why people on the lower floors are upset with their room conditions. Bathroom is pretty small and has some cracks, but I was ok with this, as its added to the experience of being in an "old" historical place.

Pro
-Beautiful lobby
-Great breakfast and evening reception (light) if you're a Club member
-Pretty canopy over the king Club bed
-1 or less mile from all the major attractions (Little tokyo, etc)

Con

-Bad customer service from the front desk for a 3/4 star hotel. They kind a looked down at you unless you dress like a millionaire. I got a couple stares by most of the people in the front desk because I wasn't so polished that day. Not all prepped up. I dressed causal (not disrespectful/distasteful in anyway), just very simple. So I am not please with that. However housekeeping people were much much nicer. I think the representative and front desk people should learn from their housekeeping people.
-View from my window was terrible, didnt see anything, window looked like it part of an old-poor apartment.

Other useful info
-Valet $40 (right across the street is Pershing square parking for only $14 overnight, $7 a day flate rate on weekend, dont remember the weekday).
-Internet is $12
-Fridge is in the Club rooms, but for a fee in the regular rooms.

If you guys like the vintage, classic type of hotel. I highly recommend the Westgate San Diego, this hotel have all the sophistication, elegant, classic look this hotel has, without sacrifying comfort, modernity, and also couple steps above the Millennium Biltmore in term of service and decor and details. Also the price for Westgate is also better if you are lucky via priceline.

Room Tip: Go for the 10 - 11 floor (club room) - you will pay about $50, but you get better room, free breaskfast/evening reception for two - I think its worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The fact is that this is the cheapest deacent hotel in downtown LA. I stay here whenever I come to town. It is centrally located to public transportation. The train is a half a block away and so are a lot of the buses. Hollywood is a few train stops away and so is Universal Studios. Santa Monica beach and LACMA and Rodeo Drive are a pleasant bus ride away with Santa Monica being the furthest. The hotel lobby is beautiful and you have probably seen it in a lot of movies. The rooms are on the small side and could use some updating but how much time will you spend in your room anyway? If you order room service, the food is very, very good. There is also plenty to see tight near the hotel. The Disney Concert Hall is three blocks away as well as MOCA. There is also Angels Flight(Bunker Hill), California Plaza, the Bradbury building, etc. If you're not a big eater try using the club room rate. It includes lite breakfast in the morning, hor d'oeuvres in the evening and a few upgrades in room amenities. Try it out.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank myrna f
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We were in LA to attend a wedding and we were able to stay for 2 nights at a reduced group rate. The first step into the lobby was breathtaking. We did not expect to walk into a historic hotel in the middle of downtown LA. Our room was comfortable although it had a very dated decor. It had a very classic feel but sacrificed comfort and practicality. There was no dresser, only a large closet with limited hangers, and the bathroom, aside from the antique fixtures, desperately needed an overhaul. The bathtub tap dripped constantly and we had to put a washrag in the drain the sleep. The TV was a new HD, however, there were no HD channels provided and there were only 10 channels total. We ate 3 meals and each one was delicious. The only drawback to the food was that it was very overpriced. A simple breakfast for 2 of eggs, toast and coffee was $50. If we were not able to get a room for a group rate, I would not consider this to be worth the full price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We were fortunate enough to stay three nights at the Biltmore in august 2012.

The staff were delightful, the interior is simply stunning with snippets of the buildings' history displayed for those that are interested. Take a trip down the historic corridor and check out the stars of yesteryears in whose footsteps you tread.

The pool is a fabulous example of art deco architecture and the steam rooms are quaintly nostalgic.

The hotels location was perfect for us as we travelled with two children aged 8 & 10. The starline bus stops right outside the hotel and the Metro station is directly opposite.

We walked to local restaurants after dark, and even the "Down and Outs" were friendly, helpful, polite and courteous.

My 8 year old son summed it up, when jetlagged and exhausted, on arrival in reception, was heard to utter "Awesome! Mum! you didn't tell us we were staying on the Titanic"!!!

Treat yourself to a little piece of LA history!!

• Stayed: August 2012