The MB has a great history. Built in 1923, many movies shot there--Ghostbusters, and is a HUGE hotel--600+ rooms. We were just there/August 2012. What happens in August? Weddings! The place was simply too busy. The rooms are TIRED. The staff does work really hard, but try the hotel at a quiet time. Who know when that is?
BUT, the 10th floor is the Club floor, and the hotel prices are really good. Get the 10th floor, and if you are unsatisfied with your room--move. Also ask for the price to be dropped if any problems. They are accomodating and kind workers. The main lobby floor is gorgeous. The Club Room is great w/ breakfast 6:30-10, and then wine and appetizers at 5 PM. There is an old original pool in the basement doldrums.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Millennium Biltmore Hotel has been a legendary Los Angeles landmark since 1923. With exquisite Spanish-Italian Renaissance architecture, including stunning hand-painted ceilings, it's rich history is most noted for its connection with the Oscars - the founding banquet for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was held in the Crystal Ballroom in 1927, where the original "Oscar" statuette was sketched on a Biltmore napkin, and eight Academy Awards banquets were held in the Biltmore Bowl during the '30s and '40s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Millennium Biltmore