The hotel is gorgeous, particularly the lobbies and ballrooms. There is city noise (cars, sirens, etc.), but that's to be expected in Downtown. We were on the 7th floor partially-facing Pershing square. The room was a good size and had a little dressing area between the room and the bathroom (gave us a little more space, since we were traveling with small children and their gear). The carpets in the room were kind of dirty. My son was walking around in their barefoot and by the evening the soles of his feet were black. The AC seems a bit out of date or not strong enough. The staff (front desk, bellmen, valet, etc.) were friendly and helpful. They seem to enjoy working there. Considering how elegant the hotel is, I was surprised by how family-friendly the staff was. We were at the hotel for a wedding and the food was amazing!!!
Bottom line: Pleasantly surprised by the service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Millennium Biltmore Hotel has been a legendary Los Angeles landmark since 1923. With exquisite Spanish-Italian Renaissance architecture, including stunning hand-painted ceilings, it's rich history is most noted for its connection with the Oscars - the founding banquet for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was held in the Crystal Ballroom in 1927, where the original "Oscar" statuette was sketched on a Biltmore napkin, and eight Academy Awards banquets were held in the Biltmore Bowl during the '30s and '40s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Millennium Biltmore