“Bachelor Weekend”
Review of The LINE

The LINE
Ranked #34 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is hipster mania in Koreatown. Some of the finishes are interesting and definitely quality, but more IKEA-ish. I guess that's what is in right now for these "hipsters". Got a decent room, it's a bit loud when facing the main road and I didn't realize how to black out my room until the next day. I guess being drunk and sleep deprived can cause you not to realize how to do basic things like closing the huge electronic curtain with the buttons semi hidden right by the bed. The bar was pretty busy that night and a chill lounge with an outdoor patio. I didn't spend time at the pool, but it seems loungey and the pool is small. You can rent out bikes from the hotel for free, I think. I actually give the hotel 3.5 stars overall. Check out this retro, modern Scandinavian style, hipster hotel in the heart of Koreatown.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank sa177
There are newer reviews for The LINE

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I only stayed here for one night and really loved the room. Unfortunately my AC unit was out but they were very helpful in locating another room for me. Although the process took a bit the bellman and desk person were very apologetic and helpful. Stuff happens!
There was a DJ in the lobby that night and I worried about noise but not a peep was heard from my room. Great location and comfortable room.
I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We really enjoyed our visit to The Line hotel for 4 nights, except for the first night. Our room overlooked the Wilshire Blvd and the street noise was kept us awake all night. We had to pay $20 to upgrade to a different room on the other side of the building to get some sleep.

Parking is $32 per day, if you dont mind a walk we found street parking without to much trouble.

Liked the atmosphere and style, one of the better american hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lexusnoir
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I really enjoyed my 2 nights at The Line. The brutalist architecture, the exposed concrete and the amazing view all made the room stand out from the lot of other LA hotels. The rooms were designed impeccably from the operable shade down to the bathroom fixtures. The staff was really friendly and approachable, and seemed genuinely interested in assisting me with navigating the area. The bar scene and dinner at Pot were amazing, but even if they were absent I would've loved my experience. Cheers from a designer for setting the bar so high.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend is a huge art and architecture enthusiast so he booked this hotel for our anniversary weekend. After check in, it was one pleasant surprise after another. Parking was simple, the hotel staff was incredibly helpful, and the hotel was spotless. We booked a suite that faced the Hollywood Hills and we were ecstatic about the view- Hollywood sign and everything. The room was gorgeous, it is set up to be "modern" and is a wonderful use of space. It's a touch "minimalistic" but still has everything you need. There are unique little touches from the art on the wall to the floor to ceiling window that makes you feel in a totally different world. Later that night, we also decided to check out the bar on the first floor and the DJ was completely decent and the people were cool. Last, we tried the pool before check out which was spotless as everything else and has an awesome view of LA. We will be staying again. It's a touch pricey but if you're in the slightest into art, architecture or anything of the sort and love the area as we do, then it's worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The Line Hotel customer service is on POINT. We enjoyed our stay from the beginning until the very last day. The rooms are clean with breathtaking views. If you are looking for hotel to stay in LA definitely check this out.

Room Tip: Rooms with big windows is a MUST!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We loved our stay at this hip hotel located in Koreatown LA. If you enjoy staying at accomodation with some design kudos and innovation then this is the place for you. The staff are very friendly and attentive. The lobby cafe has great food, nice busy vibe with great music and the Cappucinos are very good!! We can highly recommend the breakfast burritos too!There is a very nice pool on the second floor with plenty of sunloungers and a very cool glasshouse cafe area.The rooms are nicely appointed with great objects and art ( all available at Poketo store in the lobby). The beds are comfy , views from huge windows gorgeous ( we could see hollywood sign and griffith observatory) and plenty of pillows & towels are provided.I would definitely stay in this hotel again!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
AlexaHall, Guest Relations Manager at The LINE, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear JacquieP,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedbacks with us. It is a pleasure to know how much you loved our hotel and our staff have made your stay extra enjoyable.

We look forward to see you back soon.

Regards,