The LINE
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$296
  • Breakfast included
$127
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$135
$271
$254
  • Restaurant
1,091 results
All reviewshollywood hillskorea townfloor to ceiling windowsroy choiexposed concretekorean foodhollywood signtrendy hotelblackout shadespurple linerooms are smallwilshire blvdlobby cafefloor facingmodern designcool viberoom service
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Line last week and were very impressed.
Extremely helpful staff, architecturally impressive and overall good value for money.
Only two negatives: we had a room onto the main road-and boy was it loud!!! If you are prepared to pay that little extra, opt for the Hollywood' view!
Second let down: the charge for car parking is far too high, there should be some concession on offer!
Would we return? YES, with alterations of the two mentioned above.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank LondonWagnerWagner
Alexa H, Guest Relations Manager at The LINE, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear LondonWagner,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay.

We would be delighted to have you back in Los Angeles. Please contact Leeann Jarvis, Guest Experience Manager to arrange your next stay. Leeann can be contacted at ljarvis@thelinehotel.com.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

i stayed at this hotel last month and all i can say is wow. the service was amazing and everyone at the hotel was very friendly but what stood out to me is the valet team and their manager Carlos they helped us with our way around town and even understood when we had problems with the rental bikes he's a great manager and a great asset to your team. thank you again for the great service i work at a forbes five star hotel and this hotel has exceeded my expectations will definitely come back

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Francis B

Dear Francis B,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay.

It's wonderful to hear that our service and staff made such an incredible impression on you.

We are so happy Carlos and the team took great care of you.

Please come back soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I was here with my girlfriend over Valentine's day weekend. We got the king bed room with view on the top floor. I really liked the decor of the room and the views of the Hollywood hills were spectacular. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice and clean.

The problem we had was that very late into the night when we were about to go to sleep, we found out the electronic shutters would not close. We called a technician who tried to get the curtains to close for about 45 minutes and he couldn't get it to close. After a long night of drinking, we were too exhausted and didn't want to pack and move rooms at 3:00am. So we decided to go to sleep, but the very bright sun woke us up at 6:00am since we couldn't close the curtains, giving us an awful headache and not allowing us to go back to sleep. We had to drive to San Francisco that afternoon and it pretty much made the entire weekend miserable. After complaining to the management, they told us that they couldn't discount our room that night since we payed via the Hotel Tonight app, but they would send us a coupon for 25% off. I checked my email (and spam folder) for the past three months and never received any apology letter or coupon. They wouldn't even pay for our very expensive valet parking.

The reason I give this place 3 stars is because I actually really liked the hotel room. But I was disappointed that the cleaning crew never checked that the curtains worked before allowing people to stay there. Also, the pool was under construction and I didn't know this and had planned for a day of swimming and arrived disappointed. Also, the management never sent me a discount coupon even though they promised to. And even if they did send it, they would make me buy it through their website which costs more than other online booking sites; and 25% off isn't very much.

But in conclusion, I'm still giving this hotel 3/5 because I know that it's a very new hotel and they may not have all their stuff together yet. I want to give them a chance to succeed because I really like the design of the place. Let's just hope they can get their act together soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank slowsynchro

Dear slowsynchro,

Thanks for sharing feedback from your recent stay.
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occaision.

Our Front Office Manager, would very much like the chance to speak with you about your stay. Please email him at cpandes@thelinehotel.com

We would like the opportunity to have you back.

Regards

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our room was fine, clean, new, fair. The cleaning service was awful, they made the beds and put new towels but we left used glasses on our desk and they were exactly in the same position after the service, there also left our dirty/wet towels.
The room service was so disappointing, we had to change a plate 2 times and after that they told us they were taking it back and we wouldn't be charged for it, but we've been charged almost $20 for a plate that we returned.
The Wi-Fi is a joke, really bad signal the whole weekend.
Also, $35 for parking...
The employees are friendly, but they couldn't resolve our billing issue and they were not very worried about it... they just kept smiling, so frustrating...
Won't be coming back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Agus H

Dear Agus H,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay.
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
Our Front Office Manager would very much like the opportunity to speak to you. Please let him know a convenient time to contact you. His email address is cpandes@thelinehotel.com.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Coming from New York, a city that has as many hotels as it does people, I've become a pretty big snob (well thats how my friends put it) or connoisseur (thats how I put it) of places to stay and I have to say I was genuinely impressed with The Line. It takes a lot to get me excited but as you can see from me taking the time to write a review this place did the trick. Before the trip even began, Leah (i don't remember her last name) in sales was amazing. She helped me get everything booked so easily and had a list of recommendations that blew my clients minds when we went. She told me to eat at Pot, I did....AMAZING. The food and decor were astounding but to know me is to drink with me and some of these cocktails needed to come home in a flask, a mushroom something or another that i can't remember because i drank obviously one too many haha. On her recommendation we checked out a couple of the local bars too...Brass Monkey being the one that really stuck out. Totally within walking distance as long as your heels aren't too tall....cough cough...lady client. Even though it was a little long of a wait to get up to sing it was totally worth it. The hotel itself was quite impressive, Leah got me on one of the upper levels so my view was quite stunning, its hard to beat new york for views but its nice to look at something new and think of where to explore. The decor was really cool, very urban chic, i've seen a lot of places experimenting with unfinished walls but the way they tied it together with the chairs and open windows, made it feel right instead of cold like it sometimes can. I really can't say enough about how everyone treated me, it was a quick 2 days but you can bet Ill be right there on Wilshire when I come back next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
AlexaHall, Guest Relations Manager at The LINE, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear John D,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay.

We are so happy you had the chance to try out our restaurant, POT. The food in terrific and flavors are awsome.

Great to hear you also got to experience some of the local area bars and restaurants, we are fortunate to be just minutes from such cool places.

Please come back soon!