“Amazing Service”

Ranked #33 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Amazing Service”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

i stayed at this hotel last month and all i can say is wow. the service was amazing and everyone at the hotel was very friendly but what stood out to me is the valet team and their manager Carlos they helped us with our way around town and even understood when we had problems with the rental bikes he's a great manager and a great asset to your team. thank you again for the great service i work at a forbes five star hotel and this hotel has exceeded my expectations will definitely come back

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Francis B
Alexa H, Guest Relations Manager at The Line, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Francis B,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay.

It's wonderful to hear that our service and staff made such an incredible impression on you.

We are so happy Carlos and the team took great care of you.

Please come back soon!
Alexa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I was here with my girlfriend over Valentine's day weekend. We got the king bed room with view on the top floor. I really liked the decor of the room and the views of the Hollywood hills were spectacular. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice and clean.

The problem we had was that very late into the night when we were about to go to sleep, we found out the electronic shutters would not close. We called a technician who tried to get the curtains to close for about 45 minutes and he couldn't get it to close. After a long night of drinking, we were too exhausted and didn't want to pack and move rooms at 3:00am. So we decided to go to sleep, but the very bright sun woke us up at 6:00am since we couldn't close the curtains, giving us an awful headache and not allowing us to go back to sleep. We had to drive to San Francisco that afternoon and it pretty much made the entire weekend miserable. After complaining to the management, they told us that they couldn't discount our room that night since we payed via the Hotel Tonight app, but they would send us a coupon for 25% off. I checked my email (and spam folder) for the past three months and never received any apology letter or coupon. They wouldn't even pay for our very expensive valet parking.

The reason I give this place 3 stars is because I actually really liked the hotel room. But I was disappointed that the cleaning crew never checked that the curtains worked before allowing people to stay there. Also, the pool was under construction and I didn't know this and had planned for a day of swimming and arrived disappointed. Also, the management never sent me a discount coupon even though they promised to. And even if they did send it, they would make me buy it through their website which costs more than other online booking sites; and 25% off isn't very much.

But in conclusion, I'm still giving this hotel 3/5 because I know that it's a very new hotel and they may not have all their stuff together yet. I want to give them a chance to succeed because I really like the design of the place. Let's just hope they can get their act together soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank slowsynchro
Dear slowsynchro,

Thanks for sharing feedback from your recent stay.
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occaision.

Our Front Office Manager, would very much like the chance to speak with you about your stay. Please email him at cpandes@thelinehotel.com

We would like the opportunity to have you back.

Regards
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our room was fine, clean, new, fair. The cleaning service was awful, they made the beds and put new towels but we left used glasses on our desk and they were exactly in the same position after the service, there also left our dirty/wet towels.
The room service was so disappointing, we had to change a plate 2 times and after that they told us they were taking it back and we wouldn't be charged for it, but we've been charged almost $20 for a plate that we returned.
The Wi-Fi is a joke, really bad signal the whole weekend.
Also, $35 for parking...
The employees are friendly, but they couldn't resolve our billing issue and they were not very worried about it... they just kept smiling, so frustrating...
Won't be coming back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Agus H
Dear Agus H,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay.
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
Our Front Office Manager would very much like the opportunity to speak to you. Please let him know a convenient time to contact you. His email address is cpandes@thelinehotel.com.

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Coming from New York, a city that has as many hotels as it does people, I've become a pretty big snob (well thats how my friends put it) or connoisseur (thats how I put it) of places to stay and I have to say I was genuinely impressed with The Line. It takes a lot to get me excited but as you can see from me taking the time to write a review this place did the trick. Before the trip even began, Leah (i don't remember her last name) in sales was amazing. She helped me get everything booked so easily and had a list of recommendations that blew my clients minds when we went. She told me to eat at Pot, I did....AMAZING. The food and decor were astounding but to know me is to drink with me and some of these cocktails needed to come home in a flask, a mushroom something or another that i can't remember because i drank obviously one too many haha. On her recommendation we checked out a couple of the local bars too...Brass Monkey being the one that really stuck out. Totally within walking distance as long as your heels aren't too tall....cough cough...lady client. Even though it was a little long of a wait to get up to sing it was totally worth it. The hotel itself was quite impressive, Leah got me on one of the upper levels so my view was quite stunning, its hard to beat new york for views but its nice to look at something new and think of where to explore. The decor was really cool, very urban chic, i've seen a lot of places experimenting with unfinished walls but the way they tied it together with the chairs and open windows, made it feel right instead of cold like it sometimes can. I really can't say enough about how everyone treated me, it was a quick 2 days but you can bet Ill be right there on Wilshire when I come back next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
AlexaHall, Guest Relations Manager at The Line, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear John D,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay.

We are so happy you had the chance to try out our restaurant, POT. The food in terrific and flavors are awsome.

Great to hear you also got to experience some of the local area bars and restaurants, we are fortunate to be just minutes from such cool places.

Please come back soon!
France
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This review is completely based on my hotel room... This is truly the one of the worst and smallest rooms that I have ever stayed in... I can not even fit between the foot of my bed and the floor- to- ceiling window without turning sideways and shuffling sideways. I can also litterly wedge my size 11 shoe between the night stand and the wall of the room... good thing i only brought an overnight bag and not a suitcase.... AND also, I might add that the walls of the rooms and hallways of this hotel have concrete walls that are COMPLETELY unfinished concrete...Just like the day that the concrete construction forms were taken off after the poured concrete hardened... No paint,no wall paper, nothing!!! Electrical boxes and conduit that are exposed and mounted on the walls... NO KIDDING! room was clean and the bed was comfy...I did not book this room as I am part of a group... But I am always part of a group in hotel rooms, as I travel world wide for a living... I really can not comment on the service or the staff, since I was pre checked in and handed a room key when I got here... But overall I would rather stay in a MOTEL 6... AND this hotel is rated # 7 in LA. Somebody must be smoking something...

Room Tip: RUN away fast!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank rmichaelkeating
Dear rmichaelkeating,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay.
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
Our Senior Guest Experience Manager would very much like the opportunity to speak to you. Please let him know a convenient time to contact you. His email address is jbrown@thelinehotel.com.

Hudson Valley, NY
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We lucked into The Line after 2 hotel snafus during our short stay in LA. It's in the middle of Koreatown, so not exactly close to all the standard LA sights, but definitely smack dab in the middle of the newest hipster heaven. The lobby can be overwhelmed with young party people, VERY LOUD music, and lots of drinking between 8 PM and "whenever," but you'd never know it once you get into the elevators. And, in fact, we didn't mind the social scene at all, because a) everyone behaves, b) the people-watching rates up there with a NYC street corner, and c) every person, whether they are a customer or staff member, is invariably nice, chill, and (yes) sweet-natured. Our room looked out at the Hollywood sign and Griffith Park, the a/c worked fine, the bathroom was spacious (wonderful shower), and we got a bed/park deal, rendering The Line one of LA's current hotel deals.

A shout-out to the entire staff (from the parking valets to the desk clerks to the adorable guys/gals in Cafe), and especially Richard Ray, for rescuing us from hotel hell, and making LA a friendlier, kinder place for our short family vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back -- Wilshire Boulevard can be pretty noisy day or night.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank olliedawg
AlexaHall, Guest Relations Manager at The Line, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear olliedawg,

Thank you for your amazing feedback.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed you recent stay. We are especially happy to know our service made such a great impression on you.

We look forward to have you back very soon since our Pool is now OPEN!!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Had a night at 'The Line' recently and found the overall service and stay to be of a very high quality that was surprising considering they only opened in January. From the front desk to the bellmen everybody seemed to be friendly and outgoing. The rooms whilst somewhat cozy were nice with the beds being particularly comfortable! Views are decent and our vista of the hollywood hills was just one highlight of the stay.

That said the Line is still experiencing one or two teething problems which I imagine is common to new hotels: The wifi is a bit of an issue that may be irritating for travellers who are stopping in the city on business. There was also a few problems with the faucets and knobs in our bathroom that effected our shower but it was fixed pretty swiftly by maintenance. However, these minor details shouldn't distract from the fact we found our stay at the Line very enjoyable.

Whilst I don't believe there is masses to see in Korea town, there are a couple of good restaurants within walking distance that one may find interesting. In particular the BCD tofu house down the street from the hotel (take a right out of the hotel and it is two blocks down) has excellent Korean cuisine that is good value for money. There is also a golf driving range a bit further down the street that makes for a good way to pass the time.

The Line is definitely not your traditional run of the mill hotel but we found that the edgy vibe only adds to the unique experience.

Room Tip: Get a North facing room for great views!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jack W
Dear Jack W,

Thanks for sharing feedback from your recent stay.

It wonderful to hear that our service made an impact on your trip. We are truly working hard to be number one.

Our room views are spectacular, waking up to the Hollywood Hills is like a dream come true.

We hope to see you back at The Line in the near future.